i learned a lesson the hard way...

...dont show your holecards!!!!I just got back from a $200 buy in NL Live game Tourney. Pays only two places 12 people entered. I went out in 3rd. Played the best poker of my life, not just saying that. I was in a groove, reading people like Ms. Cleo, playing sound poker, and I went out in 3 consectutive hands.Once it got down to 4 people I started showing every bluff I made. And then it got down to 3. Blinds were 8-16,000. I had over 300k in chips(you start off with 50,000). We had been playing for 6 hours strong. II had just taken down a huge pot with 5,2 with 4 to a flush and straight on board into a guy who raised pre-flop. When I taunted him by showing the 5,2 he came unglued.1st hand of sequence. 3-handed. I'm in the BB. Button maeks it 40k to go, SB folds. I look down at AK of spades. The button is the guy pissed off. I ask him how much he has left. he counts it out to being 140k. I tell him I'm all in. his exact words "you trying to bully with 5 high again? I call!" He flips over K4 offsuit, the 4 being a heart. I dont recall the exact flop but it was Qh Xh 2h,x, Kh. I'm cool with it. this is what you want. I have a guy steaming and calling with K,4. Just bad luck, suck it up move on.Very next hand. Button folds, I'm SB and have KK and make it 65k to go. Again perfect scenario. BB is still hot and saying here he comes. he's going to start pushing with crap. he goes all in. I call. He turns over J,6offsuit.sure enough board comes 8 6 J A 10. I'm still alright with it. I still have 6-7 stimes the BB. It just a little run of badluck. You could take a guy off the street teach him for 5 minutes and he'd be the favorite against someone calling, not betting an all in that is on the bubble for everything you got with K4off. Next hand I raise the BB, hotrod folds and the quiet guy goes all in. I have QJ suited. I ponder and I know he has the best hand, but I wanted to gamble. I said I hope you just have an ace, sure enough he flips over A7, but as it should A7 holds up.It was largely just bad luck in a tourney situation. But I taught myself a valuable lesson, dont show your hole cards against average joe bar players. they get offended and will turn beat red and never fold again. This is what you want, but it can comeback and bite you. Dont show your damn hole cards !

Ok as you already answered it yourself dont show your hole cards because its good to keep them second guessing instead of tilted which to me a tilted player is also quite the dangerous player.Like the quote in the sig :wink: But your avatar scares me...