100x big blind-pot 0.05/0.1

- the site I played at is incompatible with the hand-concerter, I tried to edit the hand-history as much as I could--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Blatt #135528138 am Tisch: Table TH 1018Begonnen: Fri Nov 18 15:03:17 2005Seat 1:Rothstein ($0.75)Seat 2:geobit(ver ($7.20)Seat 3:juanlle ($2.85)Seat 4:robert($8.80)Seat 5:karayel ($9.80)Seat 6:*69dude* ($2.32)Seat 7:ElFilo ($9.90)Seat 8:xeoric ($8.15)Seat 9:rogerwilco ($4.59)Seat 10:rambo113 ($7.00)Rothstein posts big blind 0.10rogerwilco: A:heart:, J:heart:Pre-Flop:geobit(ver: raises 0.20juanlle: calls 0.20robert17: calls 0.20karayel: folds*69dude*: calls 0.20ElFilo: foldsxeoric: foldsrogerwilco: raises 0.60Rothstein: foldsgeobit(ver: calls 0.60juanlle: calls 0.60robert17: calls 0.60*69dude*: foldsFlop (Board: 2:heart:, 10 :club:, 4:club:):geobit(ver: bets 0.50juanlle: foldsrobert17: foldsrogerwilco: calls 0.50Turn (Board: 2:heart:, 10 :D, 4:club:, A:spade:):geobit(ver: bets 1.00rogerwilco: raises 2.00geobit(ver: calls 2.00River (Board: 2:heart:, 10 :D, 4:club:, A:spade:, 2:club:):geobit(ver: checksrogerwilco: bets 1.49 [All-In]geobit(ver: calls 1.49main pot: ($10.28 ) --------------------------------Did I overplay my pair of aces there? I didn't have any kind of read on this guy, he had just joined my table, I was afraid of pocket-44 and 22, because I have frequently seen people make tiny raises preflop with that kind of hands at this limit. But his raise on the flop was weak, so I thought, he might have a pair of tens and took my chances for $0.5 with my two overcards- and when I did get my ace, I felt I could'nt fold anymore, because otherwise I could have folded on the flop as well. Any comments?

Guest Anonymous

I'm not sure I like this so much. I think it's better to raise or fold this preflop, if the table is very loose (as it probably is) I'm pushing this to $0.80 or so. You've got position on him with a strong hand, but you must be careful about domination. A raise from UTG often signifies a very strong hand, something which murder AJ, such as AQ or AK, AA, JJ etc. At these limits, I'm not sure what a minraise might signify, that's where your read comes in. When he donkbets the flop, you know he has caught at least a pair. His bet is small relative to pot size and you likely have 7 outs or so (your overcards if they are clean, and the backdoor flush). I raise this flop to $1.50. Raising does a few things: it might get him to fold a better hand such as A4, it will likely get you a free showdown and it is a pretty good representation of an overpair JJ-AA. If he calls your raise and bets the turn after you miss, you might have to laydown. After you caught the ace this hand played pretty straightforward, raise more on the turn though. Get your last buck in on the river.Does anyone disagree with my flop play? I think this is the big question mark of this hand. Also: PLEASE REMOVE YOUR RESULTSThis creates biased replies (as my turn/river may be)

I'm not sure I like this so much.  I think it's better to raise or fold this preflop, if the table is very loose (as it probably is) I'm pushing this to $0.80 or so. You've got position on him with a strong hand, but you must be careful about domination. A raise from UTG often signifies a very strong hand, something which murder AJ, such as AQ or AK, AA, JJ etc. At these limits, I'm not sure what a minraise might signify, that's where your read comes in.
Well, I did make a (rather big for this table) bet preflop, but I think, they would have called $0.8 too. I didn't worry much about his position, I'm a novice myself, but I have the impression, that most guys at the 0-05/0.1-tables on this site have almost no idea of the advantages/disadvantages of position. Min-raises are very common too, they hardly signify anything in my opinion.
When he donkbets the flop, you know he has caught at least a pair. His bet is small relative to pot size and you likely have 7 outs or so (your overcards if they are clean, and the backdoor flush). I raise this flop to $1.50. Raising does a few things: it might get him to fold a better hand such as A4, it will likely get you a free showdown and it is a pretty good representation of an overpair JJ-AA.
Yes, I guess it is possible, that raising would have scared him away, it isn't likely though. At this limit, if anyone hits anything decent, the'll go all the way to showdown, bluffing seldom works, and I didn't want to throw any more money away than necessary.
Also: PLEASE REMOVE YOUR RESULTSThis creates biased replies (as my turn/river may be)
Allright, did that.Thank you very much for your comment!