positional plays and/or leaks

I would like some insight into some positional plays people make . It's an aspect of my game I tend to not to focus on . I rarely try to steal blinds in a ring game . In a tournament yes , players seem to be tighter so success seems more likely . Is this a leak in my ring game ? Should I be making more positional plays to steal pots ? If I'm making a positional play I believe my hand needs a few ways to win . It can not just be a pure bluff . Sooted connectors and Ax seem to make sense to me , is this worth adding to my game . If table image is correct and there is a chance the blinds will fold ? Any insight into positional plays as a tool , or a leak in ones game would be helpful . Thanks again ! Play well everyone ...

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by positional play here. Yeah, the "blind steal" is the most textbook positional play, but it's only the tip of the iceberg. Also any decent player knows about the blinds steal, so he's gonna make you pay for it before the flop if he senses any weakness.What I would call a "real" positional play is when you have good position, like on the button or one off, and you have the best opportunity to get a sense of the bets, and you also have the best opportunity to make pot-odd assessments.For instances, if you have a hand like 8-9 suited, the UTG player makes a triple pot sized raise, and there's three more callers, you might opt to play here because of the pot-odds you will get if you hit a flop.That's a positional play (in my opinion)Also making positional folds, and being able to recognize a good positional fold is good for reading players and improving your game. Keep in mind who you think might have folded a hand like K-10 (if you think they showed some consideration because of being UTG). You will be able to use information like that in later hands when you have position on them.Any great poker player factors in his position before anything else when playing nay hand.

This depends on how you want your opponents to see you.You can use small pots to project your "bluffing image" or your tight image.It depends on what you are projecting also.You can bluff from almost any position.But, the best positional plays come from button and one off. Unless, you have tight and tighter to your left and left two spot. Then, even a double the BB raise can get them to fold. If not, then you know they have a hand.It is important to project that you have the cards when bluffing in position. And out of position.Let's take the SB for example. I love to bluff from the small blind when there are one or two opponents.Why? Because I shoot first.