How would you play this? (PPM Semifinal hand)

I need your input on this hand:***** Hand History for Game 1405017146 *****NL Hold'em Trny:8488368 Level:6 Blinds (75/150) - Friday, January 07, 22:46:09 EDT 2005Table Jan. Semi-Finals Day2(73046) Table #93 (Real Money)Seat 9 is the buttonTotal number of players : 9 Seat 1: kangkv ( $8771 )Seat 2: JINVEST58 ( $1500 )Seat 3: inherentrisk ( $1365 )Seat 4: I_AM_BOGEY ( $3080 )Seat 5: randomfrost ( $2150 )Seat 7: HHBritLad ( $1458 )Seat 9: rhaer ( $2500 )Seat 6: I_M_BIGDOG ( $8720 )Seat 8: dooshto ( $10381 )Trny:8488368 Level:6Blinds (75/150)There is no Small Blind in this hand as the Big Blind of the previous hand left the table.** Dealing down cards **Dealt to randomfrost [ Jc Tc ]randomfrost: nh dooshJINVEST58 folds.inherentrisk folds.I_AM_BOGEY folds.randomfrost calls [150].dooshto: tyI_M_BIGDOG calls [150].HHBritLad folds.dooshto folds.rhaer raises [300].kangkv folds.randomfrost calls [150].I_M_BIGDOG calls [150].** Dealing Flop ** [ 4s, Jd, Ts ]randomfrost bets [850].I_M_BIGDOG folds.rhaer calls [850].** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ]randomfrost is all-In [1000]**************************Did I make the right decision?Thanks for your input in advance

Well, that's probably one of the best ways to play it. Unfortunately the King may have been one of the outs. Maybe you should have bet 150 after the turn to see what he would do, and then make your decision. But all in isn't bad either with that kind of hand.

As a novice $5 party poker sit-n-go type, I think you should have gone all in after the flop since you believed in the hand. I would have wussed out after seeing the turn for fear of KK or AQ. At that point, I probably would have checked or minimum raise ... and folded if raised. Your two pair looked a helluva lot better to me after the flop than after the turn.This strategy may only work in $5 party poker tounaments. :wink:

I think that after he called your bet after the flop I would have been a little gun shy to go all in after the turn came with a king...i guess i would have played the same but i would have bet half of my chips after the turn and saw after that...how did it turn out, 2 spades, kk, or AQ?

technically he had more than 3 outs if no one at the table had an Ace, King or Queen.He would have 2 outs on Kings, 4 outs on Queens, and 3 outs on AcesA total of 9 outs maximum

Did I make the right decision? No, because getting all in with two pair that early sucks.You want to be all with a set, AGAINST two pair. A FH AGAINST a flush on a paired board, etc.Accumulate, accumulate, accumulate. All in with two pair is for much later on when the blind to stack ratio is a little more desperate.Be patient and survive. You'll eventually catch a monster that's not subject to a lot of redraws and the same suckers who call with AK will call then too.