Nj Online Just Keeps Getting Worse

So sad,

As a recreational player who missed online poker, I was looking forward to the lowly state of New Jersey being one of the first to

reinstate said poker in the United States of America.

I set up accounts on Party Poker, WSOP and 888 to evaluate the sites. I expected growing pains. I expected some hiccups and glitches. I experienced said issues. I also experienced some good times and made a few dollars in the process.

Unfortunately as of this point, the bad outweighs the good.

The constant and all too frequent disconnects never disappeared. I requested, received and installed the USB adapter offered by Party Poker to alleviate the problem. I sent numerous emails to support for all 3 sites specifically stating the frequency of my problems. I also told them, more times that I care to count, that I had state of the art hardware and software. I told them that I had numerous WiFi signals with strengths of 4/5 bars in close proximity. I could go on, but I will spare you tedium.

After a long stretch of days at work, I came home tonight to try and relax with a little poker.

SURPRISE!!!

I could not play on any of the three major sites. They all said "We cannot determine that you are in New Jersey."

I pay extra for high speed access and a static IP address. Suddenly the system I have been using since before last Thanksgiving is no longer located in New Jersey.

Fed up... I decided to cash out all of my accounts. Like I said, I'm a small fish, I play as a hobby. It's supposed to be fun.

Lo and behold... Party Poker, supposedly the biggest player, will not allow me to withdraw my funds because I'm not in their approved area.

WSOP and 888 have at least, so far, approved my withdrawals. I'll believe it when it hits the bank.

I'm not talking large sums of money. I'm talking about the inability of "professionals" to deliver a product that doesn't implode.

Mediocrity has become the new excellence... and it depresses the hell out of me.

The strict geolocation required by the NJ regulators has probably been the biggest problem the NJ sites have faced. Your experience has been a pretty common one.

The strict geolocation required by the NJ regulators has probably been the biggest problem the NJ sites have faced. Your experience has been a pretty common one.

As always, you are correct Bob.

My experience is pretty common. That is what frustrates me the most.

We all work to strict requirements. And most of us either meet those requirements, or we lose our jobs. The fact that these sites have put out such a poor product and still manage to operate is an insult to those of us who are held to higher standards. "We have to meet strict requirements" is a lame excuse for "We are incompetent."

It is also a very strong indication to not trust them with any of my (or your) money. Given the recent, and not so recent, history of online ( and live) poker, why would any sane person trust any of these individuals with any money at all?

I have only one option available to me to state my disappointment and disgust with the entire system. That is to take my money and run.

I have found other ways to relax in my time away from poker. I would have liked to include the game once again, but alas... it does not appear to be in the cards.

So sad... it could have been a good thing.

Oh well. Life goes on for a while.

Take care Bob.

You rock.