Fine Line Between Lag Fish And Lag Pro

I've begun to realize that I'm only going to be "so good" playing the way that I'm playing now.Recently, having made a couple final tables in the larger MTT SnG's, I fished 2nd and or 3rd, etc. and afterward, I felt like, "Man, I got severely out played there."A typical hand might go like this:Hero 50K chipsVillain 75K chipsBlinds: 1,000Dealt Ks QsRaise from SB to 3,000Villain callsFlop: 4d 5s QdHero bets 4,000Villain CallsTurn Adpossibility 1Hero bets 5,000Villain raises 15,000possibility 2Hero checksVillain raises 15,000At this point "Fold" seems like the only option, but understand that you've seen Villain make a similar move repeatedly. I've painted myself into a corner here, and I now have the option of shoving and praying that he's on a complete bluff, as either the Ace or the flush beats me here, not to mention something like 2 pair. He knows that if I have the flush, I'm all-in, and anything else, I'm probably folding.Well played by Villain, no matter what he has. He certainly has a good read on me, as a typical tight, occasionally aggressive, player. My postflop play is almost certainly weak by today's standards and he's picked up on that, and I'm screwed.Anyway, in one occaion, I looked the player up, and he was indeed a major fish, having lost thousands playing very small stakes. In the other case, the player was a very accomplished SnG player. Both played the final table very well, with seemingly similar styles.More than just analyzing this hand (in which I could simply shove on the flop), are there any good books that teach selective aggression well? Is it more about knowing possible hand-ranges or simply "playing the player"?Regardless, I'm going to do some experimenting, probably looking like a donk and losing a bit of my bankroll. :club:

Your example is way, way off. Do you see why?
Obviously not. Please enlighten me.EDIT: Ok, if this was Headsup play, the order of who bets first would change, but I never said it was Headsup play. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.EDIT2: I'm not even sure I really have a question here. "Wish me luck!" might be more appropriate. After watching some big name online players bust out with horrible cards by shoving after a player makes a raise, I've often wondered "Why?" At most tables, if Annette_15 was [some other name] and shoved all-in with 84o and busted to AA, the table would resound with, "Hee haw. What a donk!" But she obviously isn't. I've watched her make similar moves with nothing but an inside straight draw. No, she doesn't always win (in fact, when the other player folds the best hand, you don't see her cards at all, so you never know). I don't know if it's guts alone, or that she's got a good read on her opponent, or both. I guess I'm going to try to figure that out on my own, just like most other good players have done. If you see my bankroll somewhere, tell it that I miss it alot. :club: