Shady Back Room Games

Anyone played in any dodgy, "underground" card rooms? They used to run illegal poker games in the back room of this dodgy Snooker hall in my city. I played in them a couple of times and I scraped a nice win a couple of times, but I stopped after someone was stabbed following one of the games. :club: That kinda put me off...They were obviously going to be dodgy though if you looked at the place, it was really run down and deserted on most days, you had to go round the back of this car park and knock on the door to be let in, it was a bit like getting into Teddy KGBs place on Rounders. It was closed down a couple of weeks ago now, which brought back some of my memories of my first live poker games outside of one of my friend's house.Goes to show that not all poker games are safe and reputable, you can still find dangerous and dodgy games even in this modern era of poker!

the main thing to keep in mind is respect. for the most part people get grumpy when you take their money, but people get serious when there is a lack of respect. don't get me wrong, win the money just do it respectively.

shadiest place i ever played was my friend's apartment.... $5 bought 75 chips, any rebuys, cashing out = 75 chips for $5, drugs in the back, booze in the front, and a dead hamster in the freezer.i think i made 30 bucks off such a non-sober crowd :club: