Any Feedback On These Tournaments?

(also posted mistakenly in General Strategy)I'm coming into Vegas for, ahem, a business meeting this week. I land Tuesday about 5pm and fly out Wed afternoon. I only have time to hit the tables Tuesday evening. I'm primarily a tournament / SnG player, and have $200 to spend. That's only 1 buy in at a $1/$2 NL cash table so that's not my optimum choice. I've scoured allvegaspoker.com and came up with these three tourney choices. Does anyone have any input regarding any of these games, or should I just hit the SnGs at Mirage or MGM Grand? Consider I'll be in Eastern Time mode and I do have a meeting at noon Wed, I don't want to be out tooo late. Mirage 7pm Tournament, $125Orleans 7pm Tournament, $80Venetian 8pm Tournament, $125 + add onThanks. Paside: I'm pretty bummed I have to fly out Wed afternoon, considering the WPT event at Bellagio going on. That would've been fun to see.

Snyder has a system ranking tournaments on how fast they are. Here are two numbers, the patience factor, and the skill level. The patience factor is a number based on how long it would be before you would be blinded off if you didn't play a single hand. The skill factor is just a 1-5 ranking based on the patience factor, with 1 being totally random crapshoot, 5 being a tournament where skill can win out. Here are those numbers for the three tournaments you list:Mirage = (4.63, 3)Orleans = (5.43, 3)Venetian = (6.41, 4)So the Venetian has the highest skill of the three you list.If anyone would like to check their local tournament, go to The Poker Tournament Formula

Also SNGs in most Vegas poker rooms are theoretical. That is they offer them but you'll rarely see them go. They also tend to have structures like online turbos - blinds double every 15 min - so they're very crapshooty.

Also SNGs in most Vegas poker rooms are theoretical. That is they offer them but you'll rarely see them go. They also tend to have structures like online turbos - blinds double every 15 min - so they're very crapshooty.
SNG's at MGM are horrible