400nl Short Handed Fluctuations

I'm starting this thread to let steam out so don't bother it if you don't like people complaining. I recently moved up from 200NL to 400NL and things started out well. May ended well and June started out horrendously. So far, over the past 2 days i'm down $2600US. Yes...it's only 6.5 buy ins but that's a big number. My question is to people who play 400NL and maybe even 600NL (the winners at those levels that is)...what kind of up and down days do you experience? what's an average good/bad day and what is considered horrendous day? I mean, I'm well rolled for 400NL (about 80 buy ins left) but it's hard to handle these types of swings. I'm taking a week off to reflect and stuff and when I come back I'm going to play 200NL for a little bit until I get my confidence back, because I don't have much left. flame on.

meh, dont be a puss.;)that's incredibly normal. games are tougher now though, so meh. when i played 2/4nl i'd have weeks where i'd start a 1-3k loser sometimes...just happens. bleh. have to fight thru it i guess, or just drop limits.- Jordanedit, would help to know how many hands this is over. if it's like <2k hands that is pretty gross run most likely. but idk. go to strat, post hands etc etc

meh, dont be a puss.;)that's incredibly normal. games are tougher now though, so meh. when i played 2/4nl i'd have weeks where i'd start a 1-3k loser sometimes...just happens. bleh. have to fight thru it i guess, or just drop limits.- Jordanedit, would help to know how many hands this is over. if it's like <2k hands that is pretty gross run most likely. but idk. go to strat, post hands etc etc
it's about 2k hands. What stop loss limit should I do? Is 1k too early to stop for the day at 400NL?
it's about 2k hands. What stop loss limit should I do? Is 1k too early to stop for the day at 400NL?
yikes. 6.5 BI in less than 2k hands is kinda sick.you do that in a day?i'd def. review those hands and make sure you weren't tilting/steaming and thus making bad decisions.I could play well thru 4 BI swings...i remeber having many nights being down 5 buyins tho and still playing optimally...it just happens...everyone diff though. and if you still have 80 bi or something for 400nl that's a ton 6 max and you should be fine continuing at that limit.- Jordan

I agree with Jordan's first post, but after seeing that you have only played about 2000 hands, you might want to take a look at your hand history and review hands that you've played. That's a pretty absurd downswing for that number of hands.

yikes. 6.5 BI in less than 2k hands is kinda sick.you do that in a day?i'd def. review those hands and make sure you weren't tilting/steaming and thus making bad decisions.I could play well thru 4 BI swings...i remeber having many nights being down 5 buyins tho and still playing optimally...it just happens...everyone diff though. and if you still have 80 bi or something for 400nl that's a ton 6 max and you should be fine continuing at that limit.- Jordan
2/4 games are harder nowadays so dropping that much in 2k hands doesnt mean much.Keep playing, if it reaches 20 buyins then maybe you're not beating it. Also what site is this on?
2/4 games are harder nowadays so dropping that much in 2k hands doesnt mean much.Keep playing, if it reaches 20 buyins then maybe you're not beating it. Also what site is this on?
pokerstars/UBAs for reviewing my hands, I know. I'm taking a week off and will be watching and studying CR videos and PXF videos and reading a ton to get back into a good frame of mind.OOPS...i just put the stats into excel (I find myself waiting longer to update excel when I am losing and thus just did it now)....and only 1/2 of it is cash games. I lost 1350 in 400NL cash and 1250 in HU sngs...nasty streak in those...last ten games i won 1. So yea...In 2000 hands I'm down 1350....and the rest is in HU sngs...is that more normal?
If the games are harder, wouldn't losing that much money that quickly make it more likely that he's not beating it rather than just variance?