I get KQ108 double suited and bet the pot. in PLOHL8 three people call, and a Tight Aggressive) player in later position re bets the pot. (My bet was initially $1.50 more (we were playing .25/.50 blinds. (I had like $50 and TAG had like, 35. TAG is a really good player who is known to make a play at the pot when someone such as myself (Loose Aggressive))I re bet the pot (which was a massive bet of all in and he could have easily folded the hand and I KNEW he would fold anything BUT AA23)I knew my odds of winning against a hand such as AK26 would be a favorite of around 57% for the high. I felt he had a hand like that, but didnt rule out him having AA, in wihich case I was still roughly 42%(unless he had my suited and even that I wasnt that big of a dog) But again, it was a raise to get him off of his hand pre flop.Anyway, he ended up calling with AA26 (the only type of hand I knew he could have) I hit two pair but t got counterfeit on the river when two running cards paired and he had higher two pair.Anyway, if your opponent shows you As,Ks,2s,6s and you have Kd,10d,8h,Qh in PLOHL8 do you go all in with them? Being a 57% favorite for the high, I think I would do it, because it would be highly unlikely that the board would be QQ347. I figure with hand like that vs a hand like that, Im either going to Scoop, or lose, which completely eliminated the low potential.Discuss!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post this in strat if you really want some good adviceMaybe General will surprise with me with awesome PLO8 advice....I doubt it...
There's not really anything to it. What the hell is he doing with that hand under the gun?
There's not really anything to it. What the hell is he doing with that hand under the gun?
I didn't read the details - yeah, I fold or limp if the table is very passive

Its a strong hand though... and nobody responded in the strat forum

Its a strong hand though... and nobody responded in the strat forum
Not really, I'm learning O8 myself but that's a marginal hand from EP if I ever saw one.The O8 strat guys will get to your post at some point - give them a day or so.
Not really, I'm learning O8 myself but that's a marginal hand from EP if I ever saw one.The O8 strat guys will get to your post at some point - give them a day or so.
send them pottery to expedite the process.
KQ108 is garbage in PLO8. Muck. Every. Time.
Agreed, just like LHE and NLHE are two totally different games, PLO8 and PLO are two totally different beasts, playing a hand without a low possibility in early postion is almost always suicide.
Agreed, just like LHE and NLHE are two totally different games, PLO8 and PLO are two totally different beasts, playing a hand without a low possibility in early postion is almost always suicide.
Well LHE and NLHE are "like" 2 totally different games, but essentially they are both still holdem. PLO8 and PLO really are two different games. K10J8 is pretty trashy hand in PLO too from early position.

I think the OP forgot his SW...if not WOW :D:club: I would never play this hand in O8 not from any position (except checking in the blinds) little lone raise the pot and then re pot it.also on another note this whole topic reminds me of Euro rounders"pot...pot...pot...pot...re pot...re pot... think for two seconds re pot""even so i'm still only a 52/48 dog"pure genius

I re bet the pot (which was a massive bet of all in and he could have easily folded the hand and I KNEW he would fold anything BUT AA23)I knew my odds of winning against a hand such as AK26 would be a favorite of around 57% for the high. I felt he had a hand like that, but didnt rule out him having AA, in wihich case I was still roughly 42%(unless he had my suited and even that I wasnt that big of a dog) But again, it was a raise to get him off of his hand pre flop.
wow wow wow. no wonder I make so much playing this game. You know how often AA23 comes around? AA2 - AA4 is usually good enough for most players to get it all-in.57% for the high? interesting...

thing is, it was double suited. I forgot to leave out that it was 5 handed. Im a loose aggressive player. And honostly, its a big drawing hand. Im not some tightass who folds everything except for AA, KK with low potential. I cant believe how many people think it is garbage becuase it certainly is a very pretty hand. PLO is a drawing game, not a omg I have AA I win every time. AA isnt always the favorite, KK certainly isnt so hot either. I read an article on one of those full tilt poker "lessons" saying how in PLO8 hands like K10Q8 double suited are very powerful becuase when you hit with them, you arent going to split the pot. Im no mathematician, but the 57% edge must boil down to a coinflip/slight favorite for all the hands where the board will be QQ358 so AA23 splits the pot with me. More likely than not, the board will be either 225KA, QQ103K, KK789, 23A7Q. It will RARELY be something that gives me the high, and him the low. If I had a hand like 6789 double suited, I could easily understand the logic that you are all trying to explain, becuase the outs that correspond with me having the winning high hand more often than not will give him the low, meaning that it is CERTAINLY -ev to go all in with a hand like that, But as we all know, 6789 double suited is one of the only type of hands better than AAxx in PLO non high lowBasically the question at hand is, is QK108 double suited going to scoop more often than 93% when I hit the high? I think its gotta be pretty close. If we assume that I can get the TAG player to fold pre flop at least 1/5 times, and i win everything in the pot pre flop, it is DEFINATLY +EV

That is a hand you may want to see a flop with, but it is not a raising hand for sure. High only hands are marginal in O8b to begin with, and that is one without a lot of nut potential. You are double suited, but you don't have nut flush possiblity. You are playing for straights, but King high straight could be beat by Ace high straight. In O8b you really don't want ot make 2nd best hands if you can not getaway from them. This feels like a hand the can cost you a lot of money. Me- I fold this preflop in EP almost every time.

thing is, it was double suited. I forgot to leave out that it was 5 handed. Im a loose aggressive player. And honostly, its a big drawing hand. Im not some tightass who folds everything except for AA, KK with low potential. I cant believe how many people think it is garbage becuase it certainly is a very pretty hand. PLO is a drawing game, not a omg I have AA I win every time. AA isnt always the favorite, KK certainly isnt so hot either. I read an article on one of those full tilt poker "lessons" saying how in PLO8 hands like K10Q8 double suited are very powerful becuase when you hit with them, you arent going to split the pot. Im no mathematician, but the 57% edge must boil down to a coinflip/slight favorite for all the hands where the board will be QQ358 so AA23 splits the pot with me. More likely than not, the board will be either 225KA, QQ103K, KK789, 23A7Q. It will RARELY be something that gives me the high, and him the low. If I had a hand like 6789 double suited, I could easily understand the logic that you are all trying to explain, becuase the outs that correspond with me having the winning high hand more often than not will give him the low, meaning that it is CERTAINLY -ev to go all in with a hand like that, But as we all know, 6789 double suited is one of the only type of hands better than AAxx in PLO non high lowBasically the question at hand is, is QK108 double suited going to scoop more often than 93% when I hit the high? I think its gotta be pretty close. If we assume that I can get the TAG player to fold pre flop at least 1/5 times, and i win everything in the pot pre flop, it is DEFINATLY +EV
I'll put this in terms you would understand: PLO and PLO8 are completely different, like how ceramic statues are completely different than plastic statues.PS You definitely didn't need to change the size of your words. We can read.
thing is, it was double sooooooted. I forgot to leave out that it was 5 handed. Im a loose aggressive player with a very poor concept of the game. And honostly, its a big drawing hand in Omaha Hi, but an absolutely terrible hand in 8ob. Im not some good player who folds everything except for AA, KK with low potential. I cant believe how many people think it is garbage becuase it certainly is a very pretty hand (brilliant analysis). PLO is a drawing game, not a omg I have AA I win every time. AA isnt always the favorite, KK certainly isnt so hot either.
I don't even know where to begin here. Let me fix a few things first. The point of a hi/low game is to give yourself a chance to scoop the entire pot. When you put yourself in a position where you can win only one side your opponnent is essentially frerolling on your for half the pot.
I read an article on one of those full tilt poker "lessons" saying how in PLO8 hands like K10Q8 double suited are very powerful becuase when you hit with them, you arent going to split the pot.
This assumes that you see a flop cheaply first, numbnuts. I guess getting it all in preflop with no chance at the low side of the pot is a good option too though.
Basically the question at hand is, is QK108 double suited going to scoop more often than 93% when I hit the high? I think its gotta be pretty close. If we assume that I can get the TAG player to fold pre flop at least 1/5 times, and i win everything in the pot pre flop, it is DEFINATLY +EV
Where exactly did you get that 93% number because it smells like shit. Good spelling.
6 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)6 Members: ajs510, Lolli, Ouch-8s, speedz99, Napa_Don, RhinestoneCowboyPerfect.
FYP, and god damnit.