4091 replies to this topic

#4041 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

Lol at the Republicans just shoving this piece of crap tax bill through. Let's spend a trillion dollars on tax cuts for the wealthy which will result in very little growth for our economy and help nobody but the super rich!!!

Saw this on twitter and it couldn't possibly be more accurate.

trickle down
trickle dow
trickle do
trickle d
trickle
trickl
trick

#4042 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,479 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:48 AM

View PostGOCUBSGO, on 03 December 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

Lol at the Republicans just shoving this piece of crap tax bill through. Let's spend a trillion dollars on tax cuts for the wealthy which will result in very little growth for our economy and help nobody but the super rich!!!

Saw this on twitter and it couldn't possibly be more accurate.

trickle down
trickle dow
trickle do
trickle d
trickle
trickl
trick

James Pethokoukis‏Verified account
@JimPethokoukis
Goldman Sachs on GOP tax bill: After a 0.3 ppt upturn in growth in 2018 and 2019, we "note that the effect in 2020 and beyond looks minimal and could actually be slightly negative"
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#4043 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,479 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

Posted Image
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#4044 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,589 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

Another democratic politician is heading off to prison.

https://www.politico...l-prison-132164

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#4045 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:46 PM

Posted Image
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#TradeMelnykNotKarlsson #MelnykOut

#4046 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,589 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

Trump is the worst.

#4047 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha H/L

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

Bi Partisan effort cleaning up parts of Dodd Frank

http://hosted.ap.org...-12-05-18-36-10
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

#4048 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:33 PM

https://www.theverge...g-apart-society
Another former Facebook executive has spoken out about the harm the social network is doing to civil society around the world. Chamath Palihapitiya, who joined Facebook in 2007 and became its vice president for user growth, said he feels “tremendous guilt” about the company he helped make. “I think we have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works,”

He went on to describe an incident in India where hoax messages about kidnappings shared on WhatsApp led to the lynching of seven innocent people. “That’s what we’re dealing with,” said Palihapitiya. “And imagine taking that to the extreme, where bad actors can now manipulate large swathes of people to do anything you want. It’s just a really, really bad state of affairs.”

#4049 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

RIP internet (Net Neutrality)

And LOL? and TrumpJrs gaslighting that the current FCC chairman was an Obama appointee.

#4050 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,589 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

lol at people even thinking "rip internet". NN rules weren't in place from 1970 to 2015 and nobody cared. The FCC doesn't matter and will be completely replaced as soon as Trump leaves office. The issue is competition. As long as there is competition, the internet will be totally fine because ISP have to compete for business.

Also, ISPs can’t differentiate between two streams of encrypted data just by looking at it. An encrypted blob is an encrypted blob. ISPs can’t differentiate by looking at your DNS queries if your name resolution is local (as with Blockstack). Math and code will win against no net neutrality rules.

#4051 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

a. Rules were introduced because ISPs were starting to look at it; there already was shenanigans on the backend. The spate of vertical integration acquisitions is only going to make it more beneficial to stifle competitors
b. There is no competition in the ISP market; for the most part just regional monopolies
c. The internet is evolving from a optional place to be to almost utility-like
d. The technology to this is always evolving; eg for Portugal:

Posted Image

#4052 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostFenxis, on 12 December 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

https://www.theverge...g-apart-society
Another former Facebook executive has spoken out about the harm the social network is doing to civil society around the world. Chamath Palihapitiya, who joined Facebook in 2007 and became its vice president for user growth, said he feels “tremendous guilt” about the company he helped make. “I think we have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works,”

He went on to describe an incident in India where hoax messages about kidnappings shared on WhatsApp led to the lynching of seven innocent people. “That’s what we’re dealing with,” said Palihapitiya. “And imagine taking that to the extreme, where bad actors can now manipulate large swathes of people to do anything you want. It’s just a really, really bad state of affairs.”

TRUE, been warning my kids for years about this, stay away from social media.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

#4053 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostFenxis, on 15 December 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

RIP internet (Net Neutrality)

And LOL? and TrumpJrs gaslighting that the current FCC chairman was an Obama appointee.
WELL DUH...........Last time I checked Obama appointed him.

Mark Twain

#4054 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

View Postbrvheart, on 15 December 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

lol at people even thinking "rip internet". NN rules weren't in place from 1970 to 2015 and nobody cared. The FCC doesn't matter and will be completely replaced as soon as Trump leaves office. The issue is competition. As long as there is competition, the internet will be totally fine because ISP have to compete for business.

Also, ISPs can’t differentiate between two streams of encrypted data just by looking at it. An encrypted blob is an encrypted blob. ISPs can’t differentiate by looking at your DNS queries if your name resolution is local (as with Blockstack). Math and code will win against no net neutrality rules.

Remember when NN was done and everything was withheld from the public..........oh I forgot Google got a crack at it before finalizing. Typical Obama.

Enjoy this beat down.

https://youtu.be/-Fyiv1LvR-A

Mark Twain

#4055 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,589 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostJustDoIt, on 16 December 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

Enjoy this beat down.

https://youtu.be/-Fyiv1LvR-A

Wait. You think the interviewer won this argument? I thought the guest made a very clear argument and the interviewer was too stupid to understand what he was saying.

#4056 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

View PostJustDoIt, on 16 December 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

WELL DUH...........Last time I checked Obama appointed him.

Because the FCC requires 3 / 2 party split -- Anjit was probably put forward by the GOP and confirmed by Obama.

But it was the GOP that confirmed him as the Chairman and therefore set the agenda.

#4057 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 17 December 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

Wait. You think the interviewer won this argument? I thought the guest made a very clear argument and the interviewer was too stupid to understand what he was saying.

I didn't listen for long but according to the Fmr Chair NN is redundant because of existing laws...

a. What was included the Title II / NN legislation that was different that the Sherman, anti-trust laws, etc.
b. Why the need to remove it (since it's so "bad") if it just rehash of existing laws
c. Is there a rebuttal somewhere from an actual lawyer, and not TV host, on the applicability of the other laws in this case since I'm assuming they've never been tested in court.

One of the fundamental issues I take issue with is that the whole anti-NN argument hinges on the fact that 4G Wireless Cap-ex is down significantly. This is not because of NN, this is because 5G is around the corner (Samsung, and other vendors that failed at 4G are jumping to 5G), and most of the build-out of LTE in the United States is done.

Also saying that the existing "Big" Internet companies came into being w/o NN rules conveniently ignores the life-cycle stages of internet and the trend toward vertically integrated ISP + media companies (eg: Verizon buying Yahoo)

#4058 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

https://www.reddit.c...eutrality_vote/

Question:

Many articles tell about myriad potential consequences of the Net Neutrality/Title II vote on 12/14.
However, a couple writers claim that many of those consequences are likely already legal. One is this article in Medium. (soft paywall) The primary source for this author is a CATO scholar's article, that argues restricting access to certain sites or charge you to access others is probably currently legal as long as the company is transparent about it.The author did not mention preferential treatment of websites, which may be telling (though another reference seems to liken it to T-Mobile's binge on program).
Is this claim (that restricting access and giving preference is legal as long as it is done transparently) true?
Has that claim been tested?
If so, what are ISPs now legally able to do that they were not before?

Answer:

This was argued in 2015 and ruled on in 2016, pages 114 and 115 talk about editorial discretion: https://apps.fcc.gov...OC-339799A1.pdf
The way I understand it is that as long as the ISP didn't claim to be neutral and publicly described their service accurately to their consumers, they can claim editorial discretion.

EDIT: An example of a service that I believe would fall under this category, your ISP gives you a 10GB limit each month with 35Mbps connectivity for $45, for $5 more they offer the same plan but Netflix doesn't count towards your monthly limit.
I could be wrong but that's how I understand it.

#4059 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 17 December 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

LOL.....the interviewer totally had his lunch handed to him. Total beat down.

Mark Twain

#4060 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostFenxis, on 17 December 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Because the FCC requires 3 / 2 party split -- Anjit was probably put forward by the GOP and confirmed by Obama.

But it was the GOP that confirmed him as the Chairman and therefore set the agenda.

LOL......yes parties suggest names on judges and positions like this. But no matter what contortions you go through, President's appoints and Senate confirms.

Mark Twain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users