New Challenge: Movin' On Up

So last night was first night on FT. And damn, I got my arse handed to me....Lost 4/5 of my initial deposit, now given it wasnt a really big deposit but still, thought it would last me!!! lol Just could not get a hand to hold for the life of me. Lost full house to straight flush (again), lost full house to quads, lost middle trips to top trips...So looks like I have to grind a bit on PS then transfer some money over. Kosin Trouble

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

droberts needs to work on his table selection skills.
i agree.. that was a mistake on my part.
feral_cow_icon.gifConverting hands till the cows come homeFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.50/$1 ante $0.20 - 6 playersCO: $204.90 Button: $200.40 SB: $116.10 BB: $200.00 UTG: $100.00 UTG+1: $245.25 (Hero)Preflop: ($2.50) Hero is UTG+1 with :3h:D (6 players)Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, SB calls $3.50, BB raises to $16, Hero calls $12, SB calls $12Flop: ($49.00) :4h:5c:club: (4 players)SB checks, BB bets $28, Hero calls $28, SB raises to $56, BB raises to $183.80, and is all in, Hero raises to $229.05, and is all in, SB calls $43.90, and is all inTurn: ($516.50) :D (4 players)River: ($516.50) :ts (4 players)SB showed :ts:jh, and lost with a straight, Seven highBB showed :club::D, and lost with a pair of QueensHero showed :qh:D, and won ($513.50) with a flush, Ace highHero won $513.50(Rake: $3)
vnh.. turn card is always a huge sigh of relief when they are drawing dead.also nice to get back to ur binkling ways sir.
villain's a loose fishFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($13.98)SB ($27.71)BB ($29.75)Hero (UTG) ($29.66)MP ($29.08)CO ($5.95)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q :3h, J :qhHero bets $0.75, 2 folds, Button calls $0.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($1.85) 3 :club:, 5 :ts, 10 :4h(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($1.85) Q :5c(2 players)Hero bets $1.25, Button calls $1.25River: ($4.35) 10 :jh(2 players)Hero bets $3, Button raises to $9, Hero folds
i like how u played the hand.. sucks that the river has to be a b/f tho.
droberts and Kosin Trouble need to work on their table selection skills.
WHAT!!! FishJames and FishBert at the same table! Cant get a better table selection than that! :Dhmm does this falll under reg wars?Kosin Trouble

bit of an update guys... moving up to 25nl next week... kinda excited to get back to that level..had a very very good month so far.. almost doubled my BR. slightly over $700 now. i think i started this month with 410 or so.anyone else got some updates or rungood stories?

WHAT!!! FishJames and Fishdroberts at the same table! Cant get a better table selection than that! :Dhmm does this falll under reg wars?Kosin Trouble
it was just a bad idea KT, we should have asked james first.and u should be avoiding reg wars like they are the plague.
it was just a bad idea KT, we should have asked james first.and u should be avoiding reg wars like they are the plague.
lol, trust me the last thing I want is a reg war with anyone. And I agree we should have asked him first.Kosin Trouble
bit of an update guys... moving up to 25nl next week... kinda excited to get back to that level..had a very very good month so far.. almost doubled my BR. slightly over $700 now. i think i started this month with 410 or so.anyone else got some updates or rungood stories?
good to hearI'm gonna try to crush May...I've just been so busy this month that I haven't had any time for poker.

Reg wars are teh nuts...squeeze twice, induce tiltFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($45.88)Hero (BB) ($28.52)UTG ($23.50)MP ($25.79)CO ($39.98)Button ($25)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :5c, K :club:3 folds, Button bets $0.75, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $3, Button raises to $9, 1 fold, Hero raises to $28.52 (All-In), Button calls $16 (All-In)Flop: ($50.75) 2 :ts, 3 :D, 4 :D(2 players, 2 all-in)Turn: ($50.75) 4 :3h(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($50.75) 3 :qh(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $50.75 | Rake: $2.53Results:Button had 8 :jh, 8 :D (two pair, eights and fours).Hero had K :D, K :4h (two pair, Kings and fours).Outcome: Hero won $48.22

Very nice job! Good luck at moving back up. I am not sure what i am going to do. Yesterday actually really threw me for a loop to be honest when I lost my initial deposit at ft. So any feedback would be appricated.Obviously my br is at pokerstars, and I just found out I will be a silver star for next month, doesnt mean much be gives me extra vpp points so more free tourny's. Once I hit $800 I was going to move up to 25NL(another month away at current rate), but in order to do that, I would have to play at just one site. Wich means do I transfer my money from PS to FT, or keep it at PS. Currently I need another $10 and I will done my deposit bonus at ps. Once that is done, does it make more sense to transfer the majority of my br to FT for the rake back?Kosin trouble

BB was a 60/12 tard w/ a 3-bet of 7like 90 handsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (MP) ($25)Button ($40.51)SB ($25)BB ($24.27)UTG ($28.50)Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 :5c, 9 :4h1 fold, Hero bets $0.75, Button calls $0.75, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($2.35) 6 :3h, 2 :qh, 2 :club:(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, 1 fold, BB calls $2Turn: ($6.35) 10 :ts(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB raises to $8, Hero folds

Very nice job! Good luck at moving back up. I am not sure what i am going to do. Yesterday actually really threw me for a loop to be honest when I lost my initial deposit at ft. So any feedback would be appricated.Obviously my br is at pokerstars, and I just found out I will be a silver star for next month, doesnt mean much be gives me extra vpp points so more free tourny's. Once I hit $800 I was going to move up to 25NL(another month away at current rate), but in order to do that, I would have to play at just one site. Wich means do I transfer my money from PS to FT, or keep it at PS. Currently I need another $10 and I will done my deposit bonus at ps. Once that is done, does it make more sense to transfer the majority of my br to FT for the rake back?Kosin trouble
rakeback is always a plus, but if u feel more comfortable at stars, i would just stay there.but like u cant beat rakeback.. also i wouldnt worry too much about losing ur deposit onto FT, u could just be downswinging.. its quite normal to have 5 buyin downswings.
BB was a 60/12 tard w/ a 3-bet of 7like 90 handsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (MP) ($25)Button ($40.51)SB ($25)BB ($24.27)UTG ($28.50)Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 :5c, 9 :4h1 fold, Hero bets $0.75, Button calls $0.75, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($2.35) 6 :3h, 2 :qh, 2 :club:(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, 1 fold, BB calls $2Turn: ($6.35) 10 :ts(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB raises to $8, Hero folds
turn minraises are usually the nuts.. nice fold.

Free money is nice.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 9 playersButton: $4.75 (Hero)SB: $1.96 BB: $9.53 UTG: $8.51 UTG+1: $5.00 MP: $12.19 MP2: $4.58 HJ: $9.13 CO: $10.00 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is Button with :D:ts (9 players)UTG folds, MP raises to $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, HJ calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero calls $0.25, SB folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($1.27) :3h:D:5c (6 players)BB checks, MP checks, MP2 bets $0.05, HJ folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05Turn: ($1.47) :jh (5 players)BB checks, MP checks, MP2 bets $1.02, Hero calls $1.02, 2 foldsRiver: ($3.51) :club: (3 players)MP2 bets $3.26, and is all in, Hero calls $3.26Hero showed :D:4h, and won ($9.41) with a full house, Nines full of AcesMP2 showed :D:qh, and lost with a pair of AcesHero won $9.41(Rake: $0.67)

biggest fish tank on FTP^^^got one guy who can't score 30k in Robot Unicornanother mass shipping AAyet another scared moneyand someone called jiggaman20 who would've taken jiggaman420 but that name had been taken.
I have a high score of 33k now suckaOpen your eyes, your eyes are open...
Free money is nice.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 9 playersButton: $4.75 (Hero)SB: $1.96 BB: $9.53 UTG: $8.51 UTG+1: $5.00 MP: $12.19 MP2: $4.58 HJ: $9.13 CO: $10.00 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is Button with :D:ts (9 players)UTG folds, MP raises to $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, HJ calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero calls $0.25, SB folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($1.27) :3h:D:5c (6 players)BB checks, MP checks, MP2 bets $0.05, HJ folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05Turn: ($1.47) :jh (5 players)BB checks, MP checks, MP2 bets $1.02, Hero calls $1.02, 2 foldsRiver: ($3.51) :club: (3 players)MP2 bets $3.26, and is all in, Hero calls $3.26Hero showed :D:4h, and won ($9.41) with a full house, Nines full of AcesMP2 showed :D:qh, and lost with a pair of AcesHero won $9.41(Rake: $0.67)
Free money is very nice
After a 62k hand breakeven stretch I'm completely reevauating my game.Here'e the graph and clearly I have to improve my showdown winnings. breakeven.jpg
Wow that's a weird one, totally the opposite of what you'd usually see.

How should the SB play be interpreted without any particular read.feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 4 playersUTG: $0.87 Button: $8.80 SB: $1.62 BB: $12.67 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with :qh:club: (4 players)2 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $1.62 and is all-in, Hero foldsSB collected $0.40(Rake: $0)Check the turn? How would you try to make the most out of the river?feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 6 playersUTG: $22.97 UTG+1: $13.66 (Hero)CO: $6.77 Button: $5.00 SB: $3.07 BB: $5.75 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG+1 with :ts:5c (6 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10Flop: ($0.47) :D :D :4h (3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, CO checksTurn: ($0.47) :jh (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BB foldsRiver: ($1.07) :3h (2 players)Hero bets $1

Hand 1 fold he's not doing that w/AT (obv he does as it's 5nl but whatever) edit: saw that he's a shortstacking idiot, meh I can go either way with a call or a foldHand 2 $1 is OK; I think he's folding a lot tho because I'd expect Qx/decent hand to lead the turn. In general betting bigger is usually more profitable even if it's called way less than a smaller bet.

I did see one of the DC videos where they suggest you might as well just shovel into the short stackers when it's bvb and you have a hand. Can't remember which one it was though and it was probably against the super shorties that play on stars.

After a 62k hand breakeven stretch I'm completely reevauating my game.Here'e the graph and clearly I have to improve my showdown winnings. breakeven.jpg
:club: How many tables do you play? The good news is that 100k hand breakeven stretches are completely standard, so I wouldn't lose too much hope in your game at this stage. Though if I were to venture a guess as to the way your lines are going, you could be blindly barreling too many spots while also becoming a bit of a POW and stationing off spots where you have to fold. What's your WTSD/W$SD% of that span?
:club: How many tables do you play? The good news is that 100k hand breakeven stretches are completely standard, so I wouldn't lose too much hope in your game at this stage. Though if I were to venture a guess as to the way your lines are going, you could be blindly barreling too many spots while also becoming a bit of a POW and stationing off spots where you have to fold. What's your WTSD/W$SD% of that span?
I normally play between 9 and 12 tables. WTSD% 30.1 W$SD% 47.3