Who Is Interested In An Ahl Team?

you're right serge, $10,000 isn't enoughdaniel, don't be so greedy. up it to 15.
lol..thats not what i meant.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd mention this person was co-commish in the first year, and 2-time FCHL champ. Not that my word means a lot, but he would be an exceptional choice.
I can echo Danny's vote of confidence for Jay, he's very, very good people and an outstanding fantasy GM. Plus he's really good at Wii Tiger Woods and Guitar Hero. That counts.
I can echo Danny's vote of confidence for Jay, he's very, very good people and an outstanding fantasy GM. Plus he's really good at Wii Tiger Woods and Guitar Hero. That counts.
i really like Jay too...My brief meeting with him was very pleasant and he seems like a very nice guy.And how can you not like a guy named Mapleleafs :club:
Ghosts of Elvis = Sidney Crosby
Yeah, that's literally the only thing I know about any of the teams that are being vacated. There could be better teams out there, there could even be teams with more awesome Penguins. I have no idea. :)Also, keep Jay out. He's too good.
Yeah, that's literally the only thing I know about any of the teams that are being vacated. There could be better teams out there, there could even be teams with more awesome Penguins. I have no idea. :club:
Based on Dale's guesses on who is out, I think your boy Kennedy is available. (Rug Rats)So how about you just let me have the better teams, and you concentrate on the Tyler Kennedys of the world.
Also, keep Jay out. He's too good.
damn, why is no one trying to keep ME out? I've won too!
damn, why is no one trying to keep ME out? I've won too!
This crossed my mind, but you were apparently already confirmed.Really, tbh, keep out the Jays, Arps, Adams of the world.More Biatches!At least for ratings purposes.

God, I hate to toot my horn, but it looks like I need to fight for a spot.First of all, I am an overall nice guy. That should count for something or maybe It would be better to mix things up a bit? It might be fun.Second, Broadway was the regular season champ in both the FCHL and FCHL 2 this past season. I am not sure why this should mean something since suckie committed owners would be preferred I would thinkThird, If I say that I will be physically at the draft every year, I will physically be at the draft every year. It is tough for me to argue becuase the other guys who are up for a spot are all great guys and are all deserving

John does know a pretty sweet Italian restaurant near Times Square.He also owns the distinction of being the only one to only see me while completely intoxicated, never seeing me in my sober state, with 3 or more iterations.

So we have 6 spots open and the following seem like locks:Arpiar -----MapleLeafspoker.....ConfirmedZach.........The Zach------------ConfirmedGruven..... looks like he will be able to find someone to draft for him this yearJ.P.-----------------John is a good friend of ours for a long time, and Daniel has said ok to him That leaves two teams left, and the following four owners wanting in:Adam-------While Adam lives in Upstate new york he has said he can make itOttawa Biatch.....Dan lives in Ottawa but will be here for the draft(right Dan)John Untilted------John lives in New York, but is willing to travel to Toronto once a yearadding MapleLeafs MapleLeafs, do you live in Toronto? If so, those are the magic words for a spot. Also, who is Adam? Is he a poster on here?

So we have 6 spots open and the following seem like locks:Arpiar -----MapleLeafspoker.....ConfirmedZach.........The Zach------------ConfirmedGruven..... looks like he will be able to find someone to draft for him this yearJ.P.-----------------John is a good friend of ours for a long time, and Daniel has said ok to him That leaves two teams left, and the following four owners wanting in:Adam-------While Adam lives in Upstate new york he has said he can make itOttawa Biatch.....Dan lives in Ottawa but will be here for the draft(right Dan)John Untilted------John lives in New York, but is willing to travel to Toronto once a yearadding MapleLeafs MapleLeafs, do you live in Toronto? If so, those are the magic words for a spot. Also, who is Adam? Is he a poster on here?
Adam is AJS510 and is a huge contributor to this board, Proud owner of the LOST CAUSE in the FCHL and runs the annual FCHL yahoo non-keeper pool

Does everyone here have me on ignore or something?? lol I've met most of the hockey forum crew, and DN might remember me from the launch party at the Hard Rock (I was the one that brought MarionSauce)

I'd be interested, and am from southern ontario

New sig. :icon_biggrin:If I get a team, I'll do absolutely everything I can to get an enhanced drivers license or passport on short notice so I can get across the border and back. I can't promise I can attend the draft but I absolutely CAN promise I'll be a great AHL owner.

it looks like we are down to two spots and it will be decided shortly.I have made my recommendations and opinion. Daniel has some criteria and he will make the decision very soon I believe.We are close

Reasons to toot for biatch:1) I will be one of the most active owners in the league. Most people in the FCHL know, I come out with something called the popularity ratings. It has absolutely nothing to do with how good a team is, it just pokes fun at all the owners and says how good their team would be doing if it was based on tv ratings. 2) I am from Ottawa, but I will always be available for the draft every year in Toronto. My parents are near the area, so it isn't that far. 3) I get really really happy when I win FCHL games, and get really really sad when my team loses. The FCHL could literally have no money at stake and I would still get depressed when my team loses and uber excited when my team wins. To be honest, the main reason I love the FCHL is just because of bragging rights over those guys. I think that's why I would be awesome for the AHL, I wouldn't just be a normal owner who just posts a lineup and that's it. I would be living, breathing, and dying AHL.

FWIW. I have expressed my opinion on why we NEED to have Dan (Biatch) in the AHL. Nothing against all the other guys but Biatch is a must.We need owners like Dan who are goofy, funny and a little insane.

MapleLeafs, do you live in Toronto? If so, those are the magic words for a spot.
I live in Newmarket which is 30 minutes north of Toronto. I can make it to the draft location in 15 though. ;)Out of the 4 you had listed (Myself, Adam, Dan, John) I can vouch that all of us are decent guys, 100% dedicated to the leagues we join, and are hockey knowledgeable. You can't go wrong with whichever 2 you choose, and while I'd be disappointed, it wouldn't bother me to be beat out by any of the others. Good luck sirs!
I live in Newmarket which is 30 minutes north of Toronto. I can make it to the draft location in 15 though. ;)Out of the 4 you had listed (Myself, Adam, Dan, John) I can vouch that all of us are decent guys, 100% dedicated to the leagues we join, and are hockey knowledgeable. You can't go wrong with whichever 2 you choose, and while I'd be disappointed, it wouldn't bother me to be beat out by any of the others. Good luck sirs!
Agreed. I too would obviously probably cry if I didn't get a team. But any of the guys listed above, I can guarantee you would never ever leave the AHL. I wouldn't even say there is a 1% chance that they would be like the other teams that left your league, there is a 0% chance that these guys would leave your league. They all live, sleep, breathe, fantasy hockey.
New sig. :icon_biggrin:If I get a team, I'll do absolutely everything I can to get an enhanced drivers license or passport on short notice so I can get across the border and back. I can't promise I can attend the draft but I absolutely CAN promise I'll be a great AHL owner.
I'm not sure how the AHL feels about convicted felons...Seriously though, how much does the FCHL rock? 4 guys, 2 spots, and they're all talking eachother up!Unfortunately, they would all be great choices, and there are not enough spots.
expand and have all these guys - theyre all excellent fantasy gm's and great people!
Unfortunately expansion isnt an option. Would create many problems.
Unfortunately expansion isnt an option. Would create many problems.
it was a tongue in cheek comment lol. any of these guys would be great choices though. i take it they will be able to rename the 'abandoned' franchises?
If I get a team, I'll do absolutely everything I can to get an enhanced drivers license or passport on short notice so I can get across the border and back.
Huh... having family in England I've have had to get a passport out of need but I couldn't imagine not having one.