5476 replies to this topic

#5441 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,791 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

View Postserge, on 19 April 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

It's not nominations. He just didn't make the top 3 in voting.

I think you may have missed the point. :D
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#5442 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 49,636 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:53 AM

View PostZach6668, on 20 April 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

I think you may have missed the point. :D

i got it after the fact
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#5443 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,497 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 19 April 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

Shea Weber Not nominated for the Norris?! WTF!!!!

I love PK, and I think the trade was awful.....but if I was one of the guys on twitter you like to argue with, I would show the 2 Colorado goals tonight as Exhibit A and Exhibit B for the argument against PK as a top D. Awful decision making.

#5444 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,006 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 20 April 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

I love PK, and I think the trade was awful.....but if I was one of the guys on twitter you like to argue with, I would show the 2 Colorado goals tonight as Exhibit A and Exhibit B for the argument against PK as a top D. Awful decision making.

Lol I was thinking the same thing watching the game

#5445 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,579 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:11 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 20 April 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

I didn't see the goals, but I'm sure McCagg is already on it.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#5446 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,579 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:43 AM

I don't think Subban should be in the top 3 for the Norris this season, but McCagg is a cherry-picker and his defense of that trade is ridiculous.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#5447 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

Galchuckie for Domi

I can already see everyone oni twitter saying Bergevin screwed up again, but Im not 100% sure about that. I do think Galch has the much better upside though, so this could really blow up in Habs' face.

#5448 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,636 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 15 June 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

Galchuckie for Domi

I can already see everyone oni twitter saying Bergevin screwed up again, but Im not 100% sure about that. I do think Galch has the much better upside though, so this could really blow up in Habs' face.

How much of this is a contract move? Domi is a RFA and coyotes obviously felt he didnít want to sign there.

RFA s have value , do they maybe use this asset to stick something else?

#5449 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

my best guess is that this was not a contract move. Domi would have signed in ARZ, as he is just RFA, and wasnt going anywhere. He probably would have signed for less than Galch's 4.9mill anyway, and it sounds like Mtl+Domi have a deal in place anyway. will be interesting to see if he gets a bridge 2/3, or Mtl likes him enough to give like 5-6mill over 6 years.

I think the real issue here was Mtl wanting desperately to get rid of Galch, and knowing time was running out. He's a UFA in 2 years, he wasnt staying in Mtl barring a huge change.

Ps- I know a friend of his, that i texted tonight. His friend said Galch knew he was getting dealt as soon as this week. Im guessing he's delighted to be out, and it will get interesting to see how well he does outside of Mtl. I think he will do great. I think.....

#5450 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,636 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 15 June 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

my best guess is that this was not a contract move. Domi would have signed in ARZ, as he is just RFA, and wasnt going anywhere. He probably would have signed for less than Galch's 4.9mill anyway, and it sounds like Mtl+Domi have a deal in place anyway. will be interesting to see if he gets a bridge 2/3, or Mtl likes him enough to give like 5-6mill over 6 years.

I think the real issue here was Mtl wanting desperately to get rid of Galch, and knowing time was running out. He's a UFA in 2 years, he wasnt staying in Mtl barring a huge change.

Ps- I know a friend of his, that i texted tonight. His friend said Galch knew he was getting dealt as soon as this week. Im guessing he's delighted to be out, and it will get interesting to see how well he does outside of Mtl. I think he will do great. I think.....

Thatís pretty good analysis. Hab fans that I have read so far on twitter arenít too happy.

82 games 9 goals with only 5 those coming against actual goalies in the net. Was one tweet.

#5451 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

Also, Im a little pissed that Carolina couldnt convince Bergevin to take Skinner for Galch. Oh man, would that have been PERFECT

#5452 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,579 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

Habs need a center, a dmen and goals. They didn't really address either of those needs with this trade and they only have so many assets. Interested to see the return for Pacioretty and what they do with the cash...probably blow it on O'Reilly lol

#5453 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,579 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 15 June 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Galchenyuk has skills but he doesn't bring it on a consistent basis. If he can find that consistency then he'll do well.

#5454 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,302 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

Domi had 9 goals last year. 4 of them were ENG. I think this looks like Panarin/Saad or Eberle/Strome within 6 months, but I've always been bullish on Galchenyuk, so we'll see.

#5455 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,579 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

I think both these players were mishandled by their teams and a change of scenery could be good.

#5456 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,579 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:29 AM

Omfg Habs Twitter.

#5457 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,579 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

View PostDubey, on 16 June 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

Domi had 9 goals last year. 4 of them were ENG. I think this looks like Panarin/Saad or Eberle/Strome within 6 months, but I've always been bullish on Galchenyuk, so we'll see.

I'm seeing that stat brought up by a lot of Bergevin haters.

The other side of that stat is Domi is much better defensively than Galchenyuk and is trusted to be on the ice with a lead in close games.

Also, I don't think Domi is a 9-goal player. He's definitely a much better set-up man than goal scorer but I think he'll score 20 this season.

I imagine the Habs believe Domi's passing ability and physical play will lead to an increase in production from teammates that will make up for the loss of Galchenyuk's scoring.

It would've been nice to get a pick back with Domi, but many overlook the difference in salary/cap/length of service between the players...it's an asset.

Also, Trevor Timmins has stated this is a trade that had to be made...meaning Galchenyuk had to go. Apparently there were off-ice issues, but isn't there always with players Montreal trades lol

The one thing I can't figure out is why the Habs were so reluctant to give Galchenyuk a significant shot at playing centre. There's no better time than when you're at the bottom of the standings.

Should be an interesting draft. The Habs are definitely going to make another deal or 3. They have a lot of draft picks. I'm curious to see who they take at #3. I've been wanting Zadina, but I wouldn't be disappointed with Tkachuk or Kotkiniemi. The only thing that will piss me off is if they take a dman at #3.

Also, the Pacioretty to Florida rumours won't go away.

#5458 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 16 June 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Also, the Pacioretty to Florida rumours won't go away.

whats the rumoured return?
I would assume a D, just based on need, but who?

If the Habs are smart, they would ask for Huberdeau+Trochek.

what, Florida isnt going to just give up 2 top 6 fwds for so little???? You may want to look at the Vegas Golden Knights roster.

#5459 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,579 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 16 June 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

whats the rumoured return?
I would assume a D, just based on need, but who?

If the Habs are smart, they would ask for Huberdeau+Trochek.

what, Florida isnt going to just give up 2 top 6 fwds for so little???? You may want to look at the Vegas Golden Knights roster.

I've heard Bjugstad and Florida's 1st.

#5460 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 16 June 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

I've heard Bjugstad and Florida's 1st.

Bjugstad was actually the first name that came to mind, but I hate when teams need a #1C, and they go after guys who are 2nd/3rd line C and use up their assets.
Instead of getting a pick and Bjug for Pac, why not try to find a deal where you give up Pac+1st+something for a true #1C, or at least someone you think could legitimately become one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users