Hold Em Or Fold Em

Scenario A:You're in the first round of your first major offline tournament. You feel you have a pretty good read of the table, and have been playing LAG and accumulating chips early. The table knows this. You're on the button holding the 6 :P 9 :club: with only one middle position limper in the pot. You decide to raise the minimum and the blinds fold to Mr. Middle Position (MMP) who just calls. Flop is A :club: 6 :club: 9 :D . MMP checks to you, and you fire off a continuation bet, the size of the pot. After much deliberation, MMP pushes all in. You're confident he has AK, possibly even AQ, but losing this hand so early would cripple you.Do you Hold Em or Fold Em?Scenario B:It's very early in the first round of your first major offline tournament. You're playing conservatively while you try to get a handle of your table. UTG is a real maniac, having pushed all-in three times already before the first rotation. You pick up A :D A :club: in the cut off seat. UTG has of course made a healthy raise, and you put in a re-raise. UTG calls.Flop comes A :) A :club: Ten :) . UTG checks, and you fire off a 1/3 pot size bet. UTG check raises you the pot, and you smooth call. The turn is the 2 :D , and UTG pushes all in. You immediately call.The river brings K :) and UTG turns over the Q :club: J :P .Are assault charges worth beating the piss out of this guy right there at the table, or do you wait until he gets into the parking lot?

Scenario A:You're in the first round of your first major offline tournament. You feel you have a pretty good read of the table, and have been playing LAG and accumulating chips early. The table knows this. You're on the button holding the 6 :club: 9 :D with only one middle position limper in the pot. You decide to raise the minimum
Lost ya right there.

In the first scenario, anyone with a sack between his legs pushes all day.Second scenario is just bad luck, you gotta know the kid is on the flush draw to call that flop. Now hitting the case spade to bust you, that's just bad luck, and God hates you, go pray.

Scenario A:You're in the first round of your first major offline tournament. You feel you have a pretty good read of the table, and have been playing LAG and accumulating chips early. The table knows this. You're on the button holding the 6 :P 9 :club: with only one middle position limper in the pot. You decide to raise the minimum and the blinds fold to Mr. Middle Position (MMP) who just calls. Flop is A :club: 6 :club: 9 :D . MMP checks to you, and you fire off a continuation bet, the size of the pot. After much deliberation, MMP pushes all in. You're confident he has AK, possibly even AQ, but losing this hand so early would cripple you.Well, I'd probably call. I would be worried about some one having A6, or A9 S.IF the opponent wouldn't play that especially like this, I wouldn't even consider it. I'd probably beat my opponent in the pot.Do you Hold Em or Fold Em?Scenario B:It's very early in the first round of your first major offline tournament. You're playing conservatively while you try to get a handle of your table. UTG is a real maniac, having pushed all-in three times already before the first rotation. You pick up A :D A :club: in the cut off seat. UTG has of course made a healthy raise, and you put in a re-raise. UTG calls.Flop comes A :) A :club: Ten :) . UTG checks, and you fire off a 1/3 pot size bet. UTG check raises you the pot, and you smooth call. The turn is the 2 :D , and UTG pushes all in. You immediately call.The river brings K :) and UTG turns over the Q :club: J :P .Are assault charges worth beating the piss out of this guy right there at the table, or do you wait until he gets into the parking lot?For B, I don't beat the fool. I wait on a big hand and double up through him, maybe twice. Bad beats happen. IF it takes sucking out runner, runner to make a royal flush to beat me then I know he has no shot of beating me in the long run. I just hope that there is a re-buy, or add-on to by me a bit more time to take down the mark.

For B, I don't beat the fool. I wait on a big hand and double up through him, maybe twice. Bad beats happen. IF it takes sucking out runner, runner to make a royal flush to beat me then I know he has no shot of beating me in the long run. I just hope that there is a re-buy, or add-on to by me a bit more time to take down the mark.
Sadly, he felts you because it's so early and you're about even in chips. This is not a rebuy tournament.Now do you beat him to a pulp?

If you fold A then just get up and go home afterwards cause you got no chamce, In B i would have folded preflop, if not I would have folded on the flop cause I know I'm not lucky enough to win with quads. If I see the turn I know I'm ****ed.

Sadly, he felts you because it's so early and you're about even in chips. This is not a rebuy tournament.Now do you beat him to a pulp?
Oh well. It happens. I don't beat him. Part of becoming a good player is learning how to deal with bad beats.

In scenario A, I would fold, because you are only a 75% favorite to win, and you don't want to put your tourney life on the line when you could lose 25% of the time.In scenario B, I would stand up and loudly berate my opponent for getting his money in so bad, because I "CLEARLY HAD QUADS, HOW COULD YOU PUSH THERE???" and I would ignore him telling me that he was pushing with, at worst, a 9 outer against almost every possible hand I could have.

In scenario A, I would fold, because you are only a 75% favorite to win, and you don't want to put your tourney life on the line when you could lose 25% of the time.In scenario B, I would stand up and loudly berate my opponent for getting his money in so bad, because I "CLEARLY HAD QUADS, HOW COULD YOU PUSH THERE???" and I would ignore him telling me that he was pushing with, at worst, a 9 outer against almost every possible hand I could have.
that sounds about right :club::D:D
haha, i'd love to play poker with you.
I'm terrible heads up. Plus I am sure I don't have enough money to play against you. So congrats on your win courtesy of me sucking.
Hand A we are minraising the button behind a limper? I would definitely get it in there with 2 pr, because apparently we suck at poker.
Oh tim. such eloquence in your statement.oh, and QFT.

beat the guy for making a royal on you when you have quads? you are going to get your *** beat if you try to beat up every person who puts a bad beat on you. for question A you have to call, you even said that you were playing LAG to get some chips early and thats a perfect situation. the guy probably only had an Ace with an alright kicker (probably AJ).

Okay...let me get this straight...you got me raising the MINIMUM with a mid positon limper..and I hold 96.Then you got me firing a POT SIZED continuation bet into a Ace High flop with bottom 2 pair.Two things:You are asking me to play like an idiot.You are asking me to play a miracle flop like an idiot.So..I refuse to answer.