this time i think dn was a jerk

just read in dns card player column which i usually like about how he says he bought into a low limit nlholdem game 4 about 120000 dollars. first of all i thought all low limit holdem games had max buyins of alot less. but even if this one didnt i dont believe in becoming a instant big stack bully against obviously lesser players. he had about 2o times the average stack and then bragged about how he could beat this game without seeing his cards. well i am a rank amateur but i would guess if i could instantly have 20 times the average stack i could do quite well against most players without looking peace and love phlegm

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This one's been beaten to death. Do a search of the forum. However, to correct your misconception, MOST low-limit NL games have a maximum buyin. In Vegas, there are three places that I know of, though, which don't have a maximum buyin on their smaller blind no-limit games. The Horseshoe, the Golden Nugget, and the Wynn each have no-limit games without a maximum buyin. The horseshoe and nugget have 1-2 blind games and the Wynn has a few games with smallish blinds that don't have a max buyin.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
[beer] for the billy madison quote.
just read in dns card player column which i usually like about how he says he bought into a low limit nlholdem game 4 about 120000 dollars. first of all i thought all low limit holdem games had max buyins of alot less. but even if this one didnt i dont believe in becoming a instant big stack bully against obviously lesser players. he had about 2o times the average stack and then bragged about how he could beat this game without seeing his cards. well i am a rank amateur but i would guess if i could instantly have 20 times the average stack i could do quite well against most players without looking peace and love phlegm
Ridiculous. I have just wasted 10 seconds of my life reading this. I would love to have DN sit down at a table that I was playing at and buy in for 120 K. Just to have the experience of playing with the guy. It's irrelevant the amount that he bought in for. He is also probably right about being able to beat the game without looking at his cards. It's because he doesn't care about the money. Stu Ungar was one of the greatest players of all time because he never ever cared. For DN, it's just because he's rich.
1. Topic was covered long long ago in this forum.2. If you wouldn't welcome anyone doing this at your table then you must not like money.
exactly....i would love foe some1 to come and throw around that much money...this is really getting annoyingmaybe daniel should strt a new forum for all these idiots.."bash Negreanu" forum
funny movie, i agree and everyone has been over this newb. read before you post
You my friend are an idiot, and I hate you.
does this mean you stink really badly... like, giving off a terrible odor?Or does it mean that you're a dominant play money player?What in the hell is a "rank amateur" poker player?

Okay guys, I think OP gets the point. I'm all for flaming to increase the post count (sw), but I don't think everyone needs a new a-hole to be torn whenever they post something that we already beat to death.

does this mean you stink really badly... like, giving off a terrible odor?Or does it mean that you're a dominant play money player?What in the hell is a "rank amateur" poker player?
It just means that you are inexperienced and have no doubt about your amateur status. Although, many rank amateurs do smell really bad.
It just means that you are inexperienced and have no doubt about your amateur status. Although, many rank amateurs do smell really bad.
Do they have a U.S. Amateur Poker Championship like they do for golf?"Congratulations, you made it through local and regional qualifying, then won a 5000 player tournament... here's your trophy!"
Do they have a U.S. Amateur Poker Championship like they do for golf?"Congratulations, you made it through local and regional qualifying, then won a 5000 player tournament... here's your trophy!"
Nope :club: Most of the tourneys that I know of are played for money. The dictionary definition of rank appropriate to this discussion is:5. Absolute; complete: a rank amateur; a rank stranger