Horse Tourney Hand

Question. Stud Hi portion of a HORSE Tourney. Player with a King up completes...you have pocket Jacks with a 9 up. You muck right?

Question. Stud Hi portion of a HORSE Tourney. Player with a King up completes...you have pocket Jacks with a 9 up. You muck right?
Is he raising from First to act or from an obvious steal position? Do you know anything about the raiser? See any other Kings,Jacks, or Nines out? As a general rule you usually want an overcard kicker to the highest repp'd pair on 3rd, but if there's a 5, 4, and your 9 separating the king from the blind, I wouldn't be so quick to toss my hand in the muck. In a tourney seting I can even (seldom, but it happens) re-raise in this spot. But not in a vacuum, i'd need more details. In a tourney it's quite possible he's raising to take the blinds if it's a latter stage.
Is he raising from First to act or from an obvious steal position? Do you know anything about the raiser? See any other Kings,Jacks, or Nines out? As a general rule you usually want an overcard kicker to the highest repp'd pair on 3rd, but if there's a 5, 4, and your 9 separating the king from the blind, I wouldn't be so quick to toss my hand in the muck. In a tourney seting I can even (seldom, but it happens) re-raise in this spot. But not in a vacuum, i'd need more details. In a tourney it's quite possible he's raising to take the blinds if it's a latter stage.
The King up was from pretty early position. One or two off from the bring-in. Don't remember much about the board at that point. Actually, I was the guy with the Kings and the guy with Jacks ended up hitting a third one of 5th to suckout. I thought it was a really bad play, but I'm by no means a Stud Hi expert, so I could be wrong.

If the jacks are live, you are deep (early in the tourney or a big stack) I like a call, especially if another king is out and/or no Ace behind you. You can get paid off very well if you catch a jack on 4th or even fifth. If you catch something ok like a ten I would also go to fifth for a bet.

It heavily depends on what door cards are showing. Any Kings or Jacks out would affect your decision. If I had a King door and everyone else had small, depending on table, I would try to steal from any position.

If this was a low/micro limit buy in tourney this changes things as well. People will call with bad pairs and see if they improve and may not recognize that you are representing Kings. HORSE players' Stud games tend to be the worst at these lower levels

HORSE players' Stud games tend to be the worst at these lower levels
Horse players' Razz games strongly disagree with your statement. But it's close :club: