Jump to content


Let's All Kill Ourselves.


  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

    The Excellence of Execution

  • Members
  • 9,131 posts
  • Location:Des Moines, Iowa

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4123764
KowboyKoop >>>>>>>>>>> Teneight


Five years in the making

#2 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 27,145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

YES!!!! Come back and feel the pain one more time, you miserable bastard.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#3 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

did nobody notice that Favre STUNK for the last 6 weeks of last season? Guess the Vikings missed that stuff. He singlehandedly lost 2-3 games for the Jest in December.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#4 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, May 1st, 2009, 8:45 PM, said:

did nobody notice that Favre STUNK for the last 6 weeks of last season? Guess the Vikings missed that stuff. He singlehandedly lost 2-3 games for the Jest in December.
I did. Favre is done and hopefully he will realize that.

#5 rocketpoker828

rocketpoker828

    The Future

  • Members
  • 3,941 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Land of LeBron
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Video games, pwning N00bs, my wonderful fiance.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE SNGs, PLO cash games

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:43 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, May 1st, 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

did nobody notice that Favre STUNK for the last 6 weeks of last season? Guess the Vikings missed that stuff. He singlehandedly lost 2-3 games for the Jest in December.
You're talking about a team that had GUS FREROTTE as its starter for most of the year.
QUOTE (Brad Childress)
On the Vikings‘ participation in community outreach programs:

Our players probably get way more out of it than the kids that they touch.

#6 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

View Postrocketpoker828, on Saturday, May 2nd, 2009, 11:43 AM, said:

You're talking about a team that had GUS FREROTTE as its starter for most of the year.
CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT RAT 178 301 2157 59.1 7.17 12 15 73.7 343 522 3472 65.7 6.7 22 22 81.0Frerotte on the top, Favre on the bottom. Favre was a little better but not much (and he tanked late). Favre also had better receivers and a better defense (although not as good a running back obv.) The yards differential is explained by the attempts disparity. Otherwise, you get a little better completion percentage, a little worse yards per attempt and almost equally crappy TD/INT ratios.Favre is through.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#7 rocketpoker828

rocketpoker828

    The Future

  • Members
  • 3,941 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Land of LeBron
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Video games, pwning N00bs, my wonderful fiance.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE SNGs, PLO cash games

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, May 2nd, 2009, 7:12 PM, said:

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT RAT 178 301 2157 59.1 7.17 12 15 73.7 343 522 3472 65.7 6.7 22 22 81.0Frerotte on the top, Favre on the bottom. Favre was a little better but not much (and he tanked late). Favre also had better receivers and a better defense (although not as good a running back obv.) The yards differential is explained by the attempts disparity. Otherwise, you get a little better completion percentage, a little worse yards per attempt and almost equally crappy TD/INT ratios.Favre is through.
oh i agree, and as a vikings fan, the last thing i want to see is favre in a vikings uniform.
QUOTE (Brad Childress)
On the Vikings‘ participation in community outreach programs:

Our players probably get way more out of it than the kids that they touch.

#8 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 27,145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Saturday, May 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM, said:

I did. Favre is done and hopefully he will realize that.
Hopefully he will not, and he will torpedo Minnesota's season, along with his own legacy.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#9 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 4:37 PM, said:

Hopefully he will not, and he will torpedo Minnesota's season, along with his own legacy.
I forgot you're a bears fan.

#10 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,719 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, May 2nd, 2009, 6:12 PM, said:

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT RAT 178 301 2157 59.1 7.17 12 15 73.7 343 522 3472 65.7 6.7 22 22 81.0Frerotte on the top, Favre on the bottom. Favre was a little better but not much (and he tanked late). Favre also had better receivers and a better defense (although not as good a running back obv.) The yards differential is explained by the attempts disparity. Otherwise, you get a little better completion percentage, a little worse yards per attempt and almost equally crappy TD/INT ratios.Favre is through.
59.1% vs. 65.7% is not a little better...it's much better, imo. I agree that Favre was bad late, but he was good early and I would be willing to give him another shot if my other option was Tavaris Jackson.How many people thought Warner was washed up when he went to Arizona? Answer: Almost everyone.I'm not saying that Favre isn't washed up, but I'm just saying I think he's probably still around average or a little above average right now. If he still enjoys playing and wants to make 10 million, I won't fault him.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#11 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 27,145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 11:09 PM, said:

I forgot you're a bears fan.
More than even a bears fan, I'm a favre hater.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#12 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:49 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 11:57 PM, said:

59.1% vs. 65.7% is not a little better...it's much better, imo. I agree that Favre was bad late, but he was good early and I would be willing to give him another shot if my other option was Tavaris Jackson.How many people thought Warner was washed up when he went to Arizona? Answer: Almost everyone.I'm not saying that Favre isn't washed up, but I'm just saying I think he's probably still around average or a little above average right now. If he still enjoys playing and wants to make 10 million, I won't fault him.
completion percentage is overrated....yards per attempt is a more meaningful stat, imo.besides, you are forgetting Minnesota traded for Sage Rosenfels. He will be the Vikes starter by week 5, book it.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#13 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,719 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, May 4th, 2009, 8:49 AM, said:

completion percentage is overrated....yards per attempt is a more meaningful stat, imo.besides, you are forgetting Minnesota traded for Sage Rosenfels. He will be the Vikes starter by week 5, book it.
I disagree with you on that, but it's not worth arguing. I 95% agree with you about Sage. The only difference is that I believe he will start week 1. Sage played his ass off for the Texans... he just got super unlucky in the Colts game.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#14 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

Lol I just heard on Sportscenter that Brett has hired a personal trainer and is working out with a a Mississippi high school team. Lord I reallllllly don't want to hear about him for the next 8 months. :club:

#15 rocketpoker828

rocketpoker828

    The Future

  • Members
  • 3,941 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Land of LeBron
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Video games, pwning N00bs, my wonderful fiance.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE SNGs, PLO cash games

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, May 4th, 2009, 9:49 AM, said:

completion percentage is overrated....yards per attempt is a more meaningful stat, imo.besides, you are forgetting Minnesota traded for Sage Rosenfels. He will be the Vikes starter by week 5, book it.
I wouldn't be suprised if he started the season opener...depends on training camp.
QUOTE (Brad Childress)
On the Vikings‘ participation in community outreach programs:

Our players probably get way more out of it than the kids that they touch.

#16 Piddle Duck

Piddle Duck

    OH YEAH

  • Members
  • 2,678 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Peeing for distance

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:47 AM

View Postrocketpoker828, on Tuesday, May 5th, 2009, 2:42 PM, said:

I wouldn't be suprised if he started the season opener...depends on training camp.
I keep forgetting that you are a Vikings fan. You sure get around. Live in Toledo, love the Wings, hate the Tigers, love the Indians, don't like the Lions (who really does?) or Cleveland or Cinci, but love the Vikings. You a Cavs fan?

#17 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

View Postrocketpoker828, on Tuesday, May 5th, 2009, 11:42 AM, said:

I wouldn't be suprised if he started the season opener...depends on training camp.
He should start from day one.....but Childress has this unexplainable man-crush on Tavarris Jackson. Jackson is just not accurate enough to play QB in the pros.....not at a high enough level for the Vikes to take the next step anyways. I still think Minny should have gone after Cutler. He would tear it up in a dome with such a good running game to open up play action.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#18 rocketpoker828

rocketpoker828

    The Future

  • Members
  • 3,941 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Land of LeBron
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Video games, pwning N00bs, my wonderful fiance.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE SNGs, PLO cash games

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

View PostPiddle Duck, on Tuesday, May 5th, 2009, 2:47 PM, said:

I keep forgetting that you are a Vikings fan. You sure get around. Live in Toledo, love the Wings, hate the Tigers, love the Indians, don't like the Lions (who really does?) or Cleveland or Cinci, but love the Vikings. You a Cavs fan?
heh, don't really care for NBA basketball, but I like the Pistons. I'll only watch the Cavs for Lebron.

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, May 5th, 2009, 3:49 PM, said:

He should start from day one.....but Childress has this unexplainable man-crush on Tavarris Jackson. Jackson is just not accurate enough to play QB in the pros.....not at a high enough level for the Vikes to take the next step anyways. I still think Minny should have gone after Cutler. He would tear it up in a dome with such a good running game to open up play action.
Yeah, the price for Cutler was a little steep, but considering a good QB makes us one of the top teams in the NFC (maybe the NFL, though the AFC is super tough,) I'll never understand why we didn't try harder to get him. I read an interesting post on 2+2 SE about this, and I kind of want Favre to come to Minnesota. If he does well, we're big time contenders. If he sucks, Childress gets canned and we get a competent head coach. Win/win imo.
QUOTE (Brad Childress)
On the Vikings‘ participation in community outreach programs:

Our players probably get way more out of it than the kids that they touch.

#19 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Monday, May 4th, 2009, 12:03 AM, said:

More than even a bears fan, I'm a favre hater.
looks like you will get your chance.

#20 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:22 PM

AWESOME!!!!!! from yahoo:I'm sure there are a lot of Vikings fans out there who would love to see Brett Favre(notes) put on the purple and yellow, but Fran Tarkenton isn't one of them. If it does eventually happen, you won't see Tarkenton showing up at Favre's door in Minnesota with a freshly-baked apple pie to welcome him.Tarkenton was on 790 the Zone in Atlanta yesterday and talked about the Brett Favre's "I'm retired, wait, no I'm not" bit.“I think it’s despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here’s an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players. It just wasn’t about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favre’s of the world so much, they think it’s about them. He goes to New York and bombs. He’s 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year (playing for) the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers. I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail.”Wow. That's a Limbaugh-on-Obama level of hatred right there. And Tarkenton wasn't much more complimentary of Favre as a football player, either.“I think he has been a great flamboyant quarterback, but he has made more stupid plays than any great quarterback that I’ve ever seen. Look at his final game in a Packers uniform. He blew that game against the Giants. He’s playing against Eli Manning(notes), I love Eli Manning, but he’s still not a great quarterback. He’s not Peyton yet, or Tom Brady(notes). He’s just a guy. And they’re (Packers) are playing at home, and they’re in a tight situation, they went to overtime and he (Favre) throws the interception that allows them (the Giants) to come back and win the game. He has done that and driven his coaches crazy all of his career.”
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users