Answer To Quizz Question #19

If someone has a straight with the J-10 you need to fill up to scoop the pot. An Ace or a King would do that, but then you'd have to worry about someone having AK, AA, or KK. If your hand is the best hand, and no one has the 10-J, or the bigger set, then you'd likely have to worry about a flush card coming off, or a 10. Look closely at the action, what four hands could you put your opponents on where it would be correct to cal? One player likely has 10-J. Another player likely has the nut flush draw. Another player likely has A-K, or possibly A-A, or K-K. You call with this hand in that spot and it's like burning money. It would be a horrible mistake to call with bottom set in the described situation. It's a clear fold.

I think Daniel caved to the pressureAfter all the tricky questions he asked before, I thought he was going to sneak in a curveball here.Since it was O8 there must have been at least a couple A2 hands here, buring aces.Oh well, I was wrong. It happens (more than I care to admit)I am 5-17 on these quizzes, maybe I should take up golf

Thank you. I can still hardly believe that anyone advocated anything but folding here.
Not sure about anyone else, but I put two responses...one for a clear fold, and then a second one "searching" for a reason to call...basically, you'd need to be against four very specific holdings, and know that the players have them, to call this...namely, three hands with AK, and a flush draw.I simply wondered if the answer here was too obvious....but then, I guess a lot of people love a set here...in Omaha, bottom set is about as evil as it gets, and I avoid it at all costs.
  • 3 weeks later...
Not sure about anyone else, but I put two responses...one for a clear fold, and then a second one "searching" for a reason to call...basically, you'd need to be against four very specific holdings, and know that the players have them, to call this...namely, three hands with AK, and a flush draw.I simply wondered if the answer here was too obvious....but then, I guess a lot of people love a set here...in Omaha, bottom set is about as evil as it gets, and I avoid it at all costs.
I love when people adopt the brilliant strategy of assigning opponents unlikely hands just so that they can make horrible calls and justify it by saying "I put him on AK, that's why I called all in with pocket 3s."To try and assign 4 opponents to specific hands, NONE OF WHICH BEAT YOU currently just seems retarded. You'd sound like a better player if you just said "I don't lay down sets"