what is an agressive player.....?

Agressive players bet and raise more often than they call.  I think any player you've heard of is agressive in that sense.
Do you think they have one of the coveted top ten starting hands every time?

omg get over your any two can win, of course they can that is the thing that keeps fish playing in holdem. Just because your aggressive does not instantly make you good. Its controlled aggression. You can even be loose aggressive and be a winner but it works better in a tournament situation. Any two can win if you want to do that just do it and stop doing shit to get people to side with you.

Someone who tries to make out with you after calling down your hand. Nice Vida Guerra avatar. She has been known to date Tony Gonzalez and Jeremy Shockey. I guess she likes tight ends. That leaves all of you wide receivers out in the cold.

Agressive players bet and raise more often than they call.  I think any player you've heard of is agressive in that sense.
Do you think they have one of the coveted top ten starting hands every time?
You can be agressive without premium holdings.Playing styles are usually described by two dimensions. One is tight/loose.The other is passive/agressive.You started by asking about agression and now you are asking about tightness.Some of the starts are loose and agressive (e.g. Gus Hansen) if that is what you are asking. But I don't think any succesful player is passive.
omg get over your any two can win, of course they can that is the thing that keeps fish playing in holdem.  Just because your aggressive does not instantly make you good.  Its controlled aggression.  You can even be loose aggressive and be a winner but it works better in a tournament situation.  Any two can win if you want to do that just do it and stop doing censored to get people to side with you.
I am trying to get people to put down there poker books and find out there is not a set way to play poker, do not get mad, do not criticize, just don’t post if you don’t like it.
I am trying to get people to put down there poker books and find out there is not a set way to play poker, do not get mad, do not criticize, just don’t post if you don’t like it.
There is not a set way to play poker. And any poker with two brain cells to rub together would change his style several times throughout the course of a game or tournament.However, there is a set way to NOT play poker.Like calling every bet to see every flop.
Someone who tries to make out with you after calling down your hand.  Nice Vida Guerra avatar.   She has been known to date Tony Gonzalez and Jeremy Shockey.  I guess she likes tight ends.  That leaves all of you wide receivers out in the cold.
ha ha ha I agree that is pretty aggressive, now lets take a moment and look at VIDA.

the funny thing is there is a set way to play poker... and it wins... it's not the most +EV you can get but it certainly is +EV... unfortunately it requires patience and long term perspective... and it works in limit games.

Someone who tries to make out with you after calling down your hand.  Nice Vida Guerra avatar.   She has been known to date Tony Gonzalez and Jeremy Shockey.  I guess she likes tight ends.  That leaves all of you wide receivers out in the cold.
ha ha ha I agree that is pretty aggressive, now lets take a moment and look at VIDA.
I have never heard of this woman! How have I missed this person and her beautiful ass?!
I'm not telling people theres a set way to play poker, your the one on a vendetta to make people play your way.
No no no, you miss understand me. I don't think everyone has what it takes to play my way. I am just sick of everyone saying "that guy is a fish because he won a pot with something other than the top ten starting hands". I am sorry if it seems like I am saying "PLAY MY WAY", I am just saying if someone does play's some trash crads well, give them credit and dont call them a fish.
Sorry I am just sick of hearing all these threads about playing ONLY PREMIUM hand and you are a fish if you deviate from that. I understand that if you deviate from the premium hand with out knowing any thing of position, pot odds, knowing your players, the risk, and then yes you are a fish.

I don't know which posts these are but its not really about what there hand is. I ussually define someone as a fish based on how the money gets in the pot, that being with them not having odds to chase. If I raise with AA and go all in and he has 62 and gets all my money I don't consider him a fish. If he goes all in with me preflop and gets me, I assume he is a fish.

its scary to raise or re-raise a guy that will play anything, so you can't put him on anything. I will admit I do like Gus Hansen and I respect his play alot. So alot of my theories and idea's do come from his style of play. I am not taking credit for agressive play or anything. Just that I like to promote it.

Yes Gus is good, but if you watch his loose style and compare it to the ones people call fish's loose style then you will see why people talk about them.
Gus is, from what I hear really mathematical.