The Conservative Case For Obamacare

The Conservative Case for Obamacare

By J. D. KLEINKE

Published: September 29, 2012

IF Mitt Romney’s pivots on President’s Obama’s health care reform act have accelerated to a blur — from repealing on Day 1, to preserving this or that piece, to punting the decision to the states — it is for an odd reason buried beneath two and a half years of Republican political condemnations: the architecture of the Affordable Care Act is based on conservative, not liberal, ideas about individual responsibility and the power of market forces.

This fundamental ideological paradox, drowned out by partisan shouting since before the plan’s passage in 2010, explains why Obamacare has only lukewarm support from many liberals, who wanted a real, not imagined, “government takeover of health care.” It explains why Republicans have been unable since its passage to come up with anything better. And it explains why the law is nearly identical in design to the legislation Mr. Romney passed in Massachusetts while governor.

The core drivers of the health care act are market principles formulated by conservative economists, designed to correct structural flaws in our health insurance system — principles originally embraced by Republicans as a market alternative to the Clinton plan in the early 1990s. The president’s program extends the current health care system — mostly employer-based coverage, administered by commercial health insurers, with care delivered by fee-for-service doctors and hospitals — by removing the biggest obstacles to that system’s functioning like a competitive marketplace.

ARTICLE CONTINUED AT LINK ABOVE

Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. This time I is thinking while sitting, so please explain something to me. How are private doctors connected to obamacare. In other words, If a fellow goes to med school, becomes a doctor and opens up an office in his basement, is his practice restricted by obama care or can he charge whatever he wants and service whatever clients he wants?

This might answer your question CF:

A new survey shows Mitt Romney with a commanding lead over President Barack Obama among doctors, with Obamacare helping to sway their votes.

If the election were held today, 55 percent of physicians reported they would vote for Romney while just 36 percent support Obama, according to a survey released by Jackson & Coker, a division of Jackson Healthcare, the third largest health care staffing company in the United States

Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. This time I is thinking while sitting, so please explain something to me. How are private doctors connected to obamacare. In other words, If a fellow goes to med school, becomes a doctor and opens up an office in his basement, is his practice restricted by obama care or can he charge whatever he wants and service whatever clients he wants?

Which part of Obamacare are you concerned about? I'm no expert, but the bill isn't really aimed at doctors. It's an insurance company bill, and it sets regulations for what kinds of health insurance companies can offer and requirements for people obtaining insurance.

Of course doctors support Mitt Romney, they make a lot of money.

And of course they support tort reform, they're doctors. Unfortunately, severe tort reform was instituted in Texas and state medical costs started going up even faster. Just a fluke I'm sure.

Of course doctors support Mitt Romney, they make a lot of money.

And of course they support tort reform, they're doctors. Unfortunately, severe tort reform was instituted in Texas and state medical costs started going up even faster. Just a fluke I'm sure.

Of course a lawyers wants to say that restricting the amount of money lawyers can extort won't work.

Which part of Obamacare are you concerned about? I'm no expert, but the bill isn't really aimed at doctors. It's an insurance company bill, and it sets regulations for what kinds of health insurance companies can offer and requirements for people obtaining insurance.

wat im getting at, is if a dr runs his own practice from his own office, is he required to treat anyone who walks in regardlesss of how much if any insurance he has.
  • 3 weeks later...

wat im getting at, is if a dr runs his own practice from his own office, is he required to treat anyone who walks in regardlesss of how much if any insurance he has.

Why wouldn't he want to? IT would seem they would be happy to have more available customers since now most will actually have insurance

If he wants to stay true to the oath he took

People will be fined by the IRS if they don't have insurance.

So I guess the Dr. will be required to treat them, then rat them out to the IRS?

People will be fined by the IRS if they don't have insurance.

People that can afford it and choose not to buy it, yes. People that can't afford it, no.

At least, that's the plan. Should take a few years to see how it actually plays out.

People that can afford it and choose not to buy it, yes. People that can't afford it, no.

At least, that's the plan. Should take a few years to see how it actually plays out.

The following will hurt the poor, they are currently writing the regs on this and they are at 13,000 pages and counting.

Nice try Bob, poor argument.

Feds need 18 pages to define 'full-time' for Obamacare

http://washingtonexaminer.com/feds-need-18-pages-to-define-full-time-for-obamacare/article/2507528#.UE-HLFGSXQ9

Tax Compliance for Obamacare Amounts to 80 Million Hours

IRS estimates nearly 80 million hours of needed compliance for families and businesses

http://atr.org/tax-compliance-obamacare-amounts-million-hours-a7191

In august I had a meeting with my insurance provided, they said they had a 2k page manual to research, define and interpret what all was in the Obamacare bill…it was growing every day.

I played golf with a surgeon last week. he is an orthopedic guy. He said the data being required by the government for every visit is disturbing. He has people coming for a sore knee and they are gathering for physical type info solely for government compliance…he was also the first Dr. I have heard say they are beginning to research not doing Medicaid patients and how that will affect the business model…yea Barak!!

In august I had a meeting with my insurance provided, they said they had a 2k page manual to research, define and interpret what all was in the Obamacare bill…it was growing every day.

I played golf with a surgeon last week. he is an orthopedic guy. He said the data being required by the government for every visit is disturbing. He has people coming for a sore knee and they are gathering for physical type info solely for government compliance…he was also the first Dr. I have heard say they are beginning to research not doing Medicaid patients and how that will affect the business model…yea Barak!!

This bill will KILL the poor.

ObamaCare: Rhetoric Vs. Reality

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/10/22/obamacare_rhetoric_vs_reality_115851.html

"The most vulnerable workers are the poorest and least skilled who can be most easily replaced and for whom insurance costs loom largest. Indeed, the adjustment has already started."

This bill will KILL the poor.

ObamaCare: Rhetoric Vs. Reality

http://www.realclear...ity_115851.html

"The most vulnerable workers are the poorest and least skilled who can be most easily replaced and for whom insurance costs loom largest. Indeed, the adjustment has already started."

I am stunned...A democratic program that screws its own base and is blamed on the nasty rich people own and run companies.

LOL they get what they deserve for voting him in the first place.

This is wat I was kinda hoping Roe vs Wade would do but it doesnt seem to be working out that way.

We haven't figured out how to do a test and determine if the baby is going to be a liberal or not.

Once that happens...

If Obamacare is really going to kill the poor, I don't understand why you guys aren't supporting it.

Tax payer funded funeral services are next!

If Obamacare is really going to kill the poor, I don't understand why you guys aren't supporting it.

The facts are right there.............what part didn't you get? Stereotypes...............shallow, you have to do better than that.

The facts are right there.............what part didn't you get? Stereotypes...............shallow, you have to do better than that.

"The facts are right there" almost always really means "I don't have any facts."

Almost as accurate as when someone says "clearly" it's never clear.