.25/.50 NL 8 HandedHero is Button with $80Villian is CO and has $62. Is LAG, but limps to see a lot of flops and takes pots away from people. He's a pretty smart player but can be reckless. He bets scare cards and this is what this so ridiculous.Hero is dealt A :club: A :club:Folds to CO-1 who calls. Villain calls. Hero raises to $2. Blinds fold. Co-1 calls, Villain calls.Pot: $6.75Flop: A :D , 2 :D , 10 :diamond:CO-1 checks, Villain bets $5, Hero raises to $18, CO-1 folds, Villain calls.Pot: $42.75Turn: 5 :spade:Villain shoveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees $42 even and goes into his Phil Hellmuth face.I HATEEEE LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. HALP?

If he's got a flush (or straight, whatever), we're a 4-1 dog. If he doesnt, we're at least a 4-1 favorite.Does he push without a flush more than 1 out of 3 times? If yes, I probably call.

If he's got a flush (or straight, whatever), we're a 4-1 dog. If he doesnt, we're at least a 4-1 favorite.Does he push without a flush more than 1 out of 3 times? If yes, I probably call.
I can't see how this hand can have any more conversation than this. I go broke here every time.

First impression that i got when i read the hand was that Villian thought he was slowplaying the flop and pushed the turn to protect his two pair (Aces and Tens). Would he really make that call on the flop getting not even 2:1 odds with a flush draw ? (I guess he would if he's a lag donk). The facts that he likes to bet scare cards and seems reckless is good enough for me to call. It tough to throw away trips to a three flush board to a LAG bluffer, especially since he's not very deep.

He could've been "monster"-drawing on the flop...KsJs/QsJs/QsTs/JsTs/Ts9s/4s3s...I assume he's trying to rep the ace on the flop to get you to go away if you don't have it. Is he typically leading there with a draw or big hands? Would he typically shove there with a monster draw? Knowing villains likes to bluff scare cards, I think we've got a hard time letting this go...but I can't think of a whole lot that we're legitimately beating.

He could've been "monster"-drawing on the flop...KsJs/QsJs/QsTs/JsTs/Ts9s/4s3s...I assume he's trying to rep the ace on the flop to get you to go away if you don't have it. Is he typically leading there with a draw or big hands? Would he typically shove there with a monster draw? Knowing villains likes to bluff scare cards, I think we've got a hard time letting this go...but I can't think of a whole lot that we're legitimately beating.
ARe you aware that we have a set of aces? sw
ARe you aware that we have a set of aces? sw
He's right though. What do you think he's doing this with that we are beating exactly other than a big draw? Mind you, he's not a lagtard, he's an intelligent lag and knows what he is doing.I think he is donking into me like 100% with a big draw on the flop. When I raise him, he knows I have a big hand and called knowing he would felt me with the proper card like 90% of the time. I just hate going broke when I have this gut feeling I know I'm behind, even with top set. Is anyone folding any set here, or are we going broke with 22 and 1010 here also?I called and he had the nut flush and I bricked. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
preflop raise is ugly size. other than that, seems standard. go broke.goodluck.
What sized raise is best then? 3? 4?
What sized raise is best then? 3? 4?
3.oddly enough it would have been the perfect amount to make villains flop call incorrect. but that's not why you raise to 3.generally.4xBB, 1BB for every limper in position. from the blinds its more situational.goodluck.
He's right though. What do you think he's doing this with that we are beating exactly other than a big draw? Mind you, he's not a lagtard, he's an intelligent lag and knows what he is doing.I think he is donking into me like 100% with a big draw on the flop. When I raise him, he knows I have a big hand and called knowing he would felt me with the proper card like 90% of the time. I just hate going broke when I have this gut feeling I know I'm behind, even with top set. Is anyone folding any set here, or are we going broke with 22 and 1010 here also?I called and he had the nut flush and I bricked. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Rest easy, mate! This is not a winning play by the villain. This villain is living beyond his Sklansky dollar means. He's in Sklanksy dollar debt up to his eyebrows.
3.oddly enough it would have been the perfect amount to make villains flop call incorrect. but that's not why you raise to 3.generally.4xBB, 1BB for every limper in position. from the blinds its more situational.goodluck.
smash is that you?