Straight On A Double Paired Board Against A Tilter

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.505 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $56.30Hero: $89.10Button: $5SB: $46BB: $56.40Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with J :D Q :) UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.5, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: 8 :D T :club: 8 :D ($3.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls.Turn: T :D ($7.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB calls.River: 9 :) ($17.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10,????he is tilting because I bluffed him out of a big pot and showed it. berating me in the chat box.What do you think of the play?

if you bet herei think you should call a shove from this specific villain.He's certainly not indicating he has a big hand. Tough though, as an 8 is really realistic due to the T pairing on the turn. This is one thin vbet. I mean really the only hands I can see here that are calling is Ace hi. He could have j9 or 79? I mean, unless he's super station, I really woudln't bet this river. If he's tilting, don't you think he's raising JJ+ pf?

I'm just checking behind. I don't see him calling with much that we beat. And anything ahead of us is surely calling/raising.Showing down this gutshot might just set him off even more, which has to be a good result.What do you do here if he shoves? What if he minraises?

the past hand obv influences things to the point where he's gonna call you lighter than usual.but here's the thing - the logic underlying your turn and river actions conflict.if you think he's going to call you light, you should just take the free card on the turn and call/bet the river if you hit, because you'd have no fold equity on a 3 barrel. if you think he still has enough self-discipline to fold an underpair or A high to a double barrel on the turn, then you should bet, but then check behind on the river if he calls. your line makes sense if you think villain is making completely street-to-street decisions, rather than thinking ahead to the next card. that might be true and i can't really comment on that because it's so situational, but given that it's such a slippery thing to assess and that the value in betting the river after betting the turn is so thin, i think i like a check behind here.

Given the history, I would have checked behind on the turn. As played, I still bet the river. I really don't see you being behind very often here, so you masy as well give your opponent a chance to make a mistake and call a bet.

You know you're supposed to check that river, but feel free to show us how he check-raises all in with ace high and you call :)The problem is different people tilt in different ways. I just start betting absurd amounts regardless of everything.

The problem is different people tilt in different ways. I just start betting absurd amounts regardless of everything.
screen name?I think this is one of those things you really need to be there for.villian snap called with 55 and I felt like a genius. :club:

POKERSTARS GAME #13103122830: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/11/07 - 19:45:41 (ET)Table 'Theotes III' 6-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: nebulack ($5 in chips) Seat 2: l_mau_l ($46 in chips) Seat 3: theukgrinder ($56.40 in chips) Seat 5: falk007 ($56.30 in chips) Seat 6: natethegreek ($89.10 in chips) l_mau_l: posts small blind $0.25theukgrinder: posts big blind $0.50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to natethegreek [Jc Qc]falk007: folds natethegreek: raises $1 to $1.50nebulack: folds l_mau_l: calls $1.25theukgrinder: folds *** FLOP *** [8s Td 8d]l_mau_l: checks natethegreek: bets $2l_mau_l: calls $2*** TURN *** [8s Td 8d] [Ts]Muddy Stick joins the table at seat #4 l_mau_l: checks natethegreek: bets $5l_mau_l: calls $5*** RIVER *** [8s Td 8d Ts] [9c]l_mau_l: checks natethegreek: bets $10l_mau_l: calls $10*** SHOW DOWN ***natethegreek: shows [Jc Qc] (a straight, Eight to Queen)l_mau_l: mucks hand natethegreek collected $35.70 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $37.50 | Rake $1.80 Board [8s Td 8d Ts 9c]Seat 1: nebulack (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: l_mau_l (small blind) mucked [5h 5c]Seat 3: theukgrinder (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: falk007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: natethegreek showed [Jc Qc] and won ($35.70) with a straight, Eight to Queento be honest I forgot his hand was counterfeited so yeah I should have checked LOL

screen name?
LOLCareful, I run really good tilting. Bodog software sent me on tilt today when it forced me to fold top trips with like a full green bar of time :club::D :D But obviously the subsequent push all in pf with 2 :D 3 :) catches a straight vs A :) K :):D
POKERSTARS GAME #13103122830: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/11/07 - 19:45:41 (ET)Table 'Theotes III' 6-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: nebulack ($5 in chips) Seat 2: l_mau_l ($46 in chips) Seat 3: theukgrinder ($56.40 in chips) Seat 5: falk007 ($56.30 in chips) Seat 6: natethegreek ($89.10 in chips) l_mau_l: posts small blind $0.25theukgrinder: posts big blind $0.50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to natethegreek [Jc Qc]falk007: folds natethegreek: raises $1 to $1.50nebulack: folds l_mau_l: calls $1.25theukgrinder: folds *** FLOP *** [8s Td 8d]l_mau_l: checks natethegreek: bets $2l_mau_l: calls $2*** TURN *** [8s Td 8d] [Ts]Muddy Stick joins the table at seat #4 l_mau_l: checks natethegreek: bets $5l_mau_l: calls $5*** RIVER *** [8s Td 8d Ts] [9c]l_mau_l: checks natethegreek: bets $10l_mau_l: calls $10*** SHOW DOWN ***natethegreek: shows [Jc Qc] (a straight, Eight to Queen)l_mau_l: mucks hand natethegreek collected $35.70 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $37.50 | Rake $1.80 Board [8s Td 8d Ts 9c]Seat 1: nebulack (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: l_mau_l (small blind) mucked [5h 5c]Seat 3: theukgrinder (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: falk007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: natethegreek showed [Jc Qc] and won ($35.70) with a straight, Eight to Queento be honest I forgot his hand was counterfeited so yeah I should have checked LOL
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD CALL!!!