Top Pair Top Kicker - Unimproved By River

Fairly new to the table and I don't recognize anyone. I have Ad Kd in EP and make a standard bet which is called by two players. Flop is pretty darn nice. I hit TP/TK with the nut flush draw. I figure I take up most of the board here which is why I don't bet too strongly. I'm kind of hoping to make it look as if the diamonds worry me.My question is, what's my line on the river after being called down by both. Looking back on the hand history it's hard to put anyone on much of a hand. I can't see anyone on two pair, and a set would have likely woken up before the river. So I'm most likely ahead here, but without a read I chose not to check raise the river. Are we okay with a check call?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($49.95)SB ($4.45)BB ($7.85)Hero ($26.50)UTG+1 ($17.10)MP1 ($45.45)MP2 ($27.55)CO ($20.35)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kdiamond.gif, Adiamond.gif. Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, MP1 calls $1, 2 folds, Button calls $1, 2 folds.Flop: ($3.35) Kclub.gif, 6diamond.gif, 9diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $2, MP1 calls $2, Button calls $2.Turn: ($9.35) Theart.gif(3 players)Hero bets $7.25, MP1 calls $7.25, Button calls $7.25.River: ($31.10) 2club.gif(3 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $9, Button folds, Hero calls $9.

I probably pot all 3 streets if nobody is raising the turn.Mark
i think i like most of the hand. In this spot i would like to get a lot of my chips in the middle here somehow. how can we do this by the turn? I like checking the river to entice a bet from another busted draw. i hardly ever pot that river. 3 handed i check that river more often.
Fairly new to the table and I figure I take up most of the board here which is why I don't bet too strongly. River: ($31.10) 2club.gif(3 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $9, Button folds, Hero calls $9.
Yeah. I bet all streets harder, but not by enough to bitch about. You're calling this all day and it's two pair, I know ....

Why do you guys suggest potting the flop? I should be pretty far ahead of whatever they hold, especially holding the two biggest diamonds in the deck?Does anybody raise on the river, or do we just call? Curious to hear your thoughts before revealing MP1's hand.

Why do you guys suggest potting the flop? I should be pretty far ahead of whatever they hold, especially holding the two biggest diamonds in the deck?
you've got a huge hand - build a big pot.you want to build a bigger pot so if a villain calls with a diamond draw and another diamond hits, the betting & raising will be bigger.you want to build a bigger pot so if a villain calls with a str8 draw, you cut into his implied odds by hitting him with severe reverse implied odds when he hits a dirty out.you want to charge Kx the max while you can.you want to build a bigger pot to inspire bigger bluffs if a diamond hits.pot that sucker. it's not like the flop came down AAK rainbow. you're probably way ahead but you don't necessarily have the deck crippled.
you've got a huge hand - build a big pot.you want to build a bigger pot so if a villain calls with a diamond draw and another diamond hits, the betting & raising will be bigger.
I understand building the pot, but potting it is going to discourage a smaller flush to chase. Should a diamond fall then it's going to be fairly easy to build the pot at that point. It's going to be difficult for someone to put me on a nut flush draw and should make it somewhat easy to get paid off.Anyway, the villian had Kh Qh.
I understand building the pot, but potting it is going to discourage a smaller flush to chase. Should a diamond fall then it's going to be fairly easy to build the pot at that point. It's going to be difficult for someone to put me on a nut flush draw and should make it somewhat easy to get paid off.Anyway, the villian had Kh Qh.
Fair enough, but consider... Most people call up to pot to peel on the flop with a draw. After that, only the looser folk call another bet unless they've got additional outs. But if they're loose enough to chase 2 streets, potting both streets is unlikely to discourage them. The other guys, you're not getting them to call again on the turn unless you make it 1/2 pot or less.Beyond that, you really shouldn't be sizing your bets smaller just to keep smaller FDs from folding. The flush card is hitting here less than usual. You're not betting small enough to get the typical player to chase 2 streets, you're not betting big enough to keep him from chasing one, but what you are doing is losing value against a much wider hand range that would call you down - like KQ.