7 replies to this topic

#1 koogy

koogy

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hey All,As you can see this is my first post. I am playing at The Bike (a $60 tourney) when the following hand came up: Sorry, I don't know how to use the program that shows all the cards and suits. I am in the small blind ( I guess that makes me the hero?). Blinds are at $800/1600 with 300 ante. Villian has about $22,000 and I have about $35,000 when the following hand comes up: I was moved to this table about 20 min prior. He is in MP (my read is he is LAG) and raises to 4K and I look down with KK. I debate to RR or just call and get it all in after the flop. So, I just call and the flop is J-4-8 rainbow. I lead out with 8K and he goes all in. I call and he turns over JJ for a set and I end up losing the hand.Question is: Should I have re-raised PF or did the hand just play itself?Thanks,Comments/Suggestions are appreciated.

#2 slink

slink

Wow

• Members
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:Manslaughter, justifiable homicide, knife sharpening...
  • Favorite Poker Game:discharging my weapon

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:08 PM

I def RR pre, but don't know if that would have changed things.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

not everyone is as into you as you are

icon_wall.gif

#3 Mills

Mills

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

yea, you have about 20 blinds left, so all things being equal I probably just ship....As it is he has Jacks and may call anyway.. but that's besides the point.there really isnt any reason to be clever here.... you increase ur stack by a little more than 1/4th by simpley moving in and getting a muck... and, if u get called... you are in great shape to double through.Other than that... with the size of your stack... any raise that isnt a ship sort of polarizes your range.... with a ship, you can get called a bit lighter in a spot like this

#4 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

reraise pre and ship all day in that flop. It DOES make a difference because if you just flat i would expect you to every now and then run into a set on almost any flop. RR to 9-10K and call his shove all day long, you have the second best hand in holdem, get some value ASAP son!
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#5 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

A. If you decide to flat a raise with a 20bb stack holding KK, you are basically just trying a bit harder to get your opponents stack in.B. The flop is J high, your opponent is all in, mission accomplishedC. BBFIDTSD. End results would be the same 99.9% of the time regardless of what street stacks went in

#6 koogy

koogy

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:30 AM

View Postoutsider13, on Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009, 11:10 PM, said:

A. If you decide to flat a raise with a 20bb stack holding KK, you are basically just trying a bit harder to get your opponents stack in.B. The flop is J high, your opponent is all in, mission accomplishedC. BBFIDTSD. End results would be the same 99.9% of the time regardless of what street stacks went in
Thanks everybody! Will be here now more frequently

#7 Eba12

Eba12

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Hold'Em

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:55 AM

i think i would have shoved it PF but he probably called it aswell then anyways its 4:1 you win the hand win KK i think

#8 Irisher27

Irisher27

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH, Razz, HORSE

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

There's nothing you can do. If he's an aggressive player then he's not about to slow down with a premium hand like JJ and you're not about to play scared with KK. If you reraise preflop he's either going to assume his table image worked and push all-in or call you and hit the flop anyway. It's probably not healthy to second-guess yourself on coolers. At least you were still in the tournament, albeit with only 13K and a prayer that a playable hand comes up soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users