Jump to content


What Do You Like Best About Fcp?


  • Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#41 Canuckickstan

Canuckickstan

    Hugh Jorgen

  • Members
  • 5,168 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary, Ab.
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and riding my Bike
  • Favorite Poker Game:Skipaments !!

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:51 AM

I like posters like BG and JJJ who make me laugh and forget that I am at work hating every fucking minute of it. Thanks for that !
RonnieMexico23 (10:37:47 PM): call me fat agian
RonnieMexico23 (10:37:53 PM): it makes me rock hard

#42 king1305

king1305

    Super Bowl Bound!!!

  • Members
  • 8,399 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SIXBURGH
  • Favorite Poker Game:Rakeback

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:53 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 12:39 PM, said:

PLease be Big League Chew, please be BLC....
C'mon Pat, this is Erik Ryland we're talkin about, do you think he has the trade value to pull a pack of BLC? Didn't think so. One quarter (.25$) gumball it is.

#43 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

View Postking1305, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 9:53 AM, said:

C'mon Pat, this is Erik Ryland we're talkin about, do you think he has the trade value to pull a pack of BLC? Didn't think so. One quarter (.25$) gumball it is.
Sigh, I just haven't had it in years and now I am craving it. I thought I was such a badass when I played little league and had my best John Kruk impersonation of BLC in my mouth. He mixed in chewing tobacco though... ::shudders::Anyway we can get a .25 cent pack of juicy fruit?
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#44 SpiderGuard

SpiderGuard

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:56 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 9:39 AM, said:

PLease be Big League Chew, please be BLC....
Oh...so close, but it's actually Trident teeth-whiteningPosted ImageIt is milk derived!!!

#45 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

    On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

  • Members
  • 8,141 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Springfield

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:07 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 9:55 AM, said:

Anyway we can get a .25 cent pack of juicy fruit?
Posted ImageThis was pretty much the greatest gum ever. There were 17 sticks in a pack and you went through the whole pack in about 12 minutes because the flavor was gone before you had even turned the gum soft. Plus it has a wacky zebra on the package. Who doesn't like wacky zebras?And it came with one of those temporary tattoos where you could get a nice red smudge on your arm. You would go around to unsuspecting kids and say, "Look at my weird birthmark," and they would ask, "How did you end up with a birthmark like that?" and you would answer, "Because your mom is so ugly," and then you would smack him on the head because you were bigger than him and kind of a bully because your family was so poor it could only afford this crappy fruit stripe gum.Yeah, this gum had it all.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#46 king1305

king1305

    Super Bowl Bound!!!

  • Members
  • 8,399 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SIXBURGH
  • Favorite Poker Game:Rakeback

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:15 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 12:55 PM, said:

Sigh, I just haven't had it in years and now I am craving it. I thought I was such a badass when I played little league and had my best John Kruk impersonation of BLC in my mouth. He mixed in chewing tobacco though... ::shudders::Anyway we can get a .25 cent pack of juicy fruit?
Damned gum inflation. Juicy fruit packs are .30cents now. So if we get "cash considerations" as part of the deal or "a pack of gum to be named later" we can demand Juicy Fruit, but otherwise, we are in trouble.But yes, I know what you mean about the imitations of your favorite tobacco chewing big leaguer. Who didn't do that in little league?

#47 BobVersion1

BobVersion1

    Poker Forum Dork

  • Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Holdem and HORSE

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:26 AM

I got my wife for her birthday random gifts of tv shows of her past that she liked. Well one was 3 packs of Dukes of Hazzard cards, I think by Topps, that still had the gum in the package. It was from 1981. Oh yeah, my wife tried it. Needless to say within 10 seconds, that gum was out of the mouth in a watery, nasty glob.

#48 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

    Smack my bitch up!

  • Members
  • 5,528 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milledgeville,GA
  • Interests:Poker, what else?
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE esp. Razz

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:28 AM

View PostBobVersion1, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 1:26 PM, said:

I got my wife for her birthday random gifts of tv shows of her past that she liked. Well one was 3 packs of Dukes of Hazzard cards, I think by Topps, that still had the gum in the package. It was from 1981. Oh yeah, my wife tried it. Needless to say within 10 seconds, that gum was out of the mouth in a watery, nasty glob.
That gum's not the only thing..... okay okay, I don't know you well enough to finish it.
Making sure someone dies in the Dead Pool since 1989.

#49 timwakefield

timwakefield

    I haven't got the time time

  • Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 9:07 AM, said:

Posted ImageThis was pretty much the greatest gum ever. There were 17 sticks in a pack and you went through the whole pack in about 12 minutes because the flavor was gone before you had even turned the gum soft. Plus it has a wacky zebra on the package. Who doesn't like wacky zebras?And it came with one of those temporary tattoos where you could get a nice red smudge on your arm. You would go around to unsuspecting kids and say, "Look at my weird birthmark," and they would ask, "How did you end up with a birthmark like that?" and you would answer, "Because your mom is so ugly," and then you would smack him on the head because you were bigger than him and kind of a bully because your family was so poor it could only afford this crappy fruit stripe gum.Yeah, this gum had it all.
Seriously, what the hell is with that gum?? It woulda been like the worst product in history, except for 1. Wacky colors.2. Yipes the zebra. He was cool.Posted Image
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#50 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:38 AM

Anyone ever have the gatorade gum? I'm a big fan of gatorade, but omg is it bad...
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#51 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:41 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 10:38 AM, said:

Anyone ever have the gatorade gum? I'm a big fan of gatorade, but omg is it bad...
It was the let down for me. Here's a gum...that quenches your thirst. It has got to be the best gum since the Willy Wonka 7 course meal gum.Then you fight the initial sourness that almost breaks your molars, only to be crushed by the reality that you have been duped for $.20 for a piece of rejected sour candy
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#52 king1305

king1305

    Super Bowl Bound!!!

  • Members
  • 8,399 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SIXBURGH
  • Favorite Poker Game:Rakeback

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 1:38 PM, said:

Anyone ever have the gatorade gum? I'm a big fan of gatorade, but omg is it bad...
I didn't even know Gatorade made gum.

#53 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:43 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 10:41 AM, said:

It was the let down for me. Here's a gum...that quenches your thirst. It has got to be the best gum since the Willy Wonka 7 course meal gum.Then you fight the initial sourness that almost breaks your molars, only to be crushed by the reality that you have been duped for $.20 for a piece of rejected sour candy
Pretty much spot on description. A few moments of 'holy crap this is awful', then endless flavorless, chewing.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#54 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:44 AM

View Postking1305, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 10:42 AM, said:

I didn't even know Gatorade made gum.
We're just kidding, it's really good. Best if you try to chew 6 or 7 pieces at once.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#55 SBriand

SBriand

    Viva La Beaver!

  • Members
  • 15,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham, MI

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:48 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 1:44 PM, said:

We're just kidding, it's really good. Best if you try to chew 6 or 7 pieces at once.
Now that is just mean.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#56 NoSup4U

NoSup4U

    Making Poppinfresh look like a nit

  • Members
  • 10,674 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Favorite Poker Game:Shorthanded NLHE

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:59 AM

View PostCanuckickstan, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 9:51 AM, said:

I like posters like BG and JJJ who make me laugh and forget that I am at work hating every fucking minute of it. Thanks for that !
I was going to post Clay Aiken is what I like best about FCP, but I'll just QFT this post :)QFMFT!Mark

#57 BobVersion1

BobVersion1

    Poker Forum Dork

  • Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Holdem and HORSE

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:00 AM

Dr. Pepper gum was so good....I miss that gum...

#58 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

View PostBobVersion1, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 11:00 AM, said:

Dr. Pepper gum was so good....I miss that gum...
Was that similar to A&W root beer gum, where it was squarish, and when you bit into it liquid would burst out that kinda tasted like the soda?
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#59 BobVersion1

BobVersion1

    Poker Forum Dork

  • Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Holdem and HORSE

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:07 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, September 27th, 2007, 2:01 PM, said:

Was that similar to A&W root beer gum, where it was squarish, and when you bit into it liquid would burst out that kinda tasted like the soda?
Hell yeah!!

#60 RabidTortuga

RabidTortuga

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 863 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:LHE Cash Games

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

As for things to add, I like the Leaderboard idea as well.As for what I like about FCP, well, the community as a whole. Other poker communities tend to be either very dry, or lean towards the nasty, vulgar side of funny (or perhaprs way past that side, really). The FCP community strikes a nice balance between intelligent discussion and funny, playful banter, with a well-placed zing here and there. I think we also have the privledge of being home to some of the classiest up-and-coming young pro's in the business, who are still willing to share wisdom, experiences, and a good laugh with us without being condescending towards new/worse players.Maybe that's just a reflection of the guy that got us all to come here in the first place, but I'm happy it worked out that way.
QUOTE (Dirtydutch @ Friday, January 16th, 2009, 3:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spend most of my poker career fighting back from horrible starts. My only viable plan for stopping this shit is to rape a mystical unicorn.



My Blog




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users