Vegas, Partying, Poker

I returned last night from my second trip to Las Vegas since I turned 21. I recently started reading Daniel's blog and, as a "newer" poker player it's no surprise I got hooked. By newer I of course mean I've only been playing since poker got huge, but I wouldn't call myself an amateur seeing as my entire college income has been thanks to poker. Anyways.. to the point of the topic. The term "party like rock stars" should definitely be changed to "party like a poker player" (well, for the new generation of poker players anyways, I don't think I can picture greenstein or doyle partying too hard lol ). If you're young and honestly "just ok" at poker, Vegas can be a perfect place to take some time off of life. The low limit poker world is ripe with money and with no responsibilities or anyone to look after, your money can be used for three main things: Food, Shelter, and, of course, Partying! The money I made in four days playing 2/5 NL at bellagio and Ceasars more than covered the expenses for my trip (which included gigantic bar tabs that are unavoidable at clubs like Jet, Body English etc. ... sorry DN, never made it to Light to check it out). I basically got to Vegas and made about 900 my first night at the Bellagio and "freerolled" my trip on that for a couple days. I split my time between donating my money to vegas (also known as playing roulette) and placing bets on college basketball during the day, partying at night, and playing poker when I needed some more cash. All the while I was seeing big names like Freddy Deeb, Jow Awada, and of course all the big dogs playing in Bobby's Room (including Kid Poker himself). I even saw Chris Ferguson at Jet (Mirage's club) and when the bartender tried to serve me a drink first I was like... uhhh.. and ordered my drink and then bought "Jesus" a shot. (He was even in full tilt gear and his damn hat... the bartender should know better!)It was an amazing trip and all payed for by.... poker. I was living the life of a professional poker player, but of course, I only did it for 4 days making enough money to basically sleep, eat, and party. I had no headaches of real life the whole time, with the exception of some hungover mornings and an ENORMOUS headache when the fire alarm at the Bellagio went off at 4am during one of my poker sessions (Take the most annoying noise you can think of and then add a voice saying the same thing over and over and you'll get the idea of what that was like). I can't wait to take a break from reality again and Party Like a Poker Player. B)

I returned last night from my second trip to Las Vegas since I turned 21. I recently started reading Daniel's blog and, as a "newer" poker player it's no surprise I got hooked. By newer I of course mean I've only been playing since poker got huge, but I wouldn't call myself an amateur seeing as my entire college income has been thanks to poker. Anyways.. to the point of the topic. The term "party like rock stars" should definitely be changed to "party like a poker player" (well, for the new generation of poker players anyways, I don't think I can picture greenstein or doyle partying too hard lol ). If you're young and honestly "just ok" at poker, Vegas can be a perfect place to take some time off of life. The low limit poker world is ripe with money and with no responsibilities or anyone to look after, your money can be used for three main things: Food, Shelter, and, of course, Partying! The money I made in four days playing 2/5 NL at bellagio and Ceasars more than covered the expenses for my trip (which included gigantic bar tabs that are unavoidable at clubs like Jet, Body English etc. ... sorry DN, never made it to Light to check it out). I basically got to Vegas and made about 900 my first night at the Bellagio and "freerolled" my trip on that for a couple days. I split my time between donating my money to vegas (also known as playing roulette) and placing bets on college basketball during the day, partying at night, and playing poker when I needed some more cash. All the while I was seeing big names like Freddy Deeb, Jow Awada, and of course all the big dogs playing in Bobby's Room (including Kid Poker himself). I even saw Chris Ferguson at Jet (Mirage's club) and when the bartender tried to serve me a drink first I was like... uhhh.. and ordered my drink and then bought "Jesus" a shot. (He was even in full tilt gear and his damn hat... the bartender should know better!)It was an amazing trip and all payed for by.... poker. I was living the life of a professional poker player, but of course, I only did it for 4 days making enough money to basically sleep, eat, and party. I had no headaches of real life the whole time, with the exception of some hungover mornings and an ENORMOUS headache when the fire alarm at the Bellagio went off at 4am during one of my poker sessions (Take the most annoying noise you can think of and then add a voice saying the same thing over and over and you'll get the idea of what that was like). I can't wait to take a break from reality again and Party Like a Poker Player. B)
awesome story man, i wish i could get out there more often...school calls though, after may graduation i am definitely hittin g it up though, and AC