So, last night I busted out of the 55k when I came over the top of a button raise from the BB with 74o, and he called with ATo. An ace flopped, and I was done. Oh well, that's poker. I thought I had fold equity, but obviously not.So, some twit at the table starts going on and on about how bad of a play it was. I said something along the lines of 'i really dont have to explain myself to you', and he proceeded to insult me, including challenging me to HU matches and what not. Normally I'd ignore someone like this, but I let him get under my skin. So, after he continued to tell the table I was 'outclassed' and I wouldn't play him, I decided to play him in a $500 PLO HU SNG. Why PLO? Not sure really, but I didn't feel like playing NLHE HU and get bad beat on one hand.So, we start to play and he is being a complete jerk in the chat. I pretty much told him that I thought HU matches were pointless since it would take us playing hundreds of times to prove anything, but I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of backing down. Ha, typical male ego eh?So, he took an early lead and about 20 minutes into it I evened things up. At this point he had started to act a bit more respectful and admitted he had been drinking. He then proposed we just chop, and forget the whole silly argument. Since I was embarrassed already for lowering myself to such a juvenile level, I agreed. KingTuna1 said, "so chop is good?" KingTuna1 said, "yes or no?" KingTuna1: bets 20 PMJackson21 said, "you are trustworthy?" KingTuna1 said, "yes" PMJackson21 said, "ok, its only 500 if you do screw me over :-)" PMJackson21 said, "thats fine" KingTuna1 said, "if your know as cheat u never make it"So, two hands later we got all the chips in the middle and he sucked out on me and won. Oh well, GG $20 rake to Stars. So, an hour later I still haven't gotten my $500 transfer from him (obviously) and am a bit annoyed with myself for not telling him that I'd get support to come to the table. My friend suggests I email Stars support before the scumbag cashes the $500 out, and I did.So, support gets back to me and it turns out that deals made in chat between players may be binding, regardless if there is a member of support there or not.Rule # 17 states, in part: It is the players' responsibility to determine total agreement. In the absence of oversight at the table by PokerStars support personnel, chat records alone will not necessarily validate an agreement. However, PokerStars may enforce the deal if it was clearly agreed to by all parties.They waited for 12 hours for the scumbag to transfer it on his own, but once he didn't, they sent me my $500.So, bottom line is that Stars support is above and beyond anything else in the online poker world (as if that wasn't apparent before). No site does a better job at protecting it's players, and doing their absolute best at making sure that players have an enjoyable experience.I acted like a juvenile by accepting the scumbag's challenge, and I deserve to be flamed for that. Ha, I also deserve to be flamed for being dumb enough to believe him when he said he'd send me my money. I was _very_ tired last night though, and I tend to be too trusting of people to begin with.Heh regardless of that though, I am absolutely _giddy_ that the scumbag will sign on and see that Stars sent the $500 for him. I'd love to see the look on his face when he realized he didn't get away with it, especially after he spouted off this line:KingTuna1 said, "if your know as cheat u never make it"HAHA...GG Scumbag, I hope Stars takes discplinary action. (they won't tell me :-) )

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PWNED, maybe its b/c your like the 71st best internet player out there.

PWNED, maybe its b/c your like the 71st best internet tournament player out there.
FYP for accuracy.::coughs:: 70th ::coughs:: ;-) I'm trying to make my way up from the bottom of that list!

that's pretty tight. i'm impressed with stars. also, just because you're so well respected and (likely) no one else will say it: you're a dumbass for trusting him. sounds like you learned your lesson though, and stars makes everything better anyway, so gg.

If stars wasnt rigged, i'd have to go play there.Sounds like the customer service department (not to mention the points redemption program, and a variety of other features) kill party. And from what i saw, the tables werent any better or worse.

PM, supposively your the man. Im impressed with some of the results you've posted, next time I deposit on stars I will definately let you know. We can play a series of HU matches and post them here. Not being arrogant but it would be entertaining, Im sure your fans and the people who hate me would love to rail that.J

that's pretty tight. i'm impressed with stars. also, just because you're so well respected and (likely) no one else will say it: you're a dumbass for trusting him. sounds like you learned your lesson though, and stars makes everything better anyway, so gg.
Ha, I know. That's why I said I deserved to be flamed. For not only trusting him, but for responding to a grade school challenge to begin with.I probably didn't learn my lesson. I'm a people pleaser, so I'll always be prone to trusting others too much.However, chopping in this manner (having the winner send money) is something we do at the higher buy in SNGs often. If Riverloser (I'll use him as an example because the last time I did this, it was him) and I are heads up in a SNG and the blinds have made it a crapshoot, we agree to have the winner send the loser the difference in prize money. I believe Ari and I chopped the 100r a few months back the same way. Why wait for support if you respect/trust the person to send the money?Obviously in this case, I did a poor job of deciding if the guy was trustworthy or not. :-/
PM, supposively your the man. Im impressed with some of the results you've posted, next time I deposit on stars I will definately let you know. We can play a series of HU matches and post them here. Not being arrogant but it would be entertaining, Im sure your fans and the people who hate me would love to rail that.J
Ha, well, normally I have a Hollywood Hulk Hogan approach to these sort of things. You have to earn your title shot - I'm a main eventer! I don't just play anyone off the streets. ;-)Generally, I find HU play extremely boring unless it is at the end of an MTT or SNG. However, if you taunt me enough I'd probably play, as evidenced by this situation. :-)Either that or I'll back a player of my choice on the site to play against you...Someone who would take it more seriously....Someone like...Matt Damon.
Hey I am thinking may be next time instead of doing this with a scumbag you can do it with your friend to earn an easy $500 or a grand from PS. They are making too much money anyway.J/K.
Heh, no Stars didn't send the $500 back to me. They manually transfered the money out of scumbag's account and sent it to me.
We can play a heads up cash game not sng. buy in for 500- 1k dont leave til one has it all. That will make it worth your while, eh?
Like I said, if that was something you really wanted to do, I would. I just wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it. Heh, I'd probably have more fun giving someone $500 to play you so I could watch and commentate. HU challenges are pointless for the most part, unless both sides have something to gain. Let me know though and we can work something out.
Did someone say....Hollywood??hogan13.jpgsanto_hogan.JPGHogan.jpg
Ah, there's the champ. Now that ladies and gentlemen, is a real American hero. ;-) Much like Scott Hall is a hero to the Latin community I'm sure...
Like I said, if that was something you really wanted to do, I would. I just wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it. Heh, I'd probably have more fun giving someone $500 to play you so I could watch and commentate. HU challenges are pointless for the most part, unless both sides have something to gain. Let me know though and we can work something out.Ah, there's the champ. Now that ladies and gentlemen, is a real American hero. ;-) Much like Scott Hall is a hero to the Latin community I'm sure...
Scott Hall doesn't have time to be a hero to the Latin community. He is too busy getting drunk and putting gel in his hair.
Like I said, if that was something you really wanted to do, I would. I just wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it. Heh, I'd probably have more fun giving someone $500 to play you so I could watch and commentate. HU challenges are pointless for the most part, unless both sides have something to gain. Let me know though and we can work something out.Ah, there's the champ. Now that ladies and gentlemen, is a real American hero. ;-) Much like Scott Hall is a hero to the Latin community I'm sure...
Hey im a complete amateur that makes around 50-75 dollars a day. How bout you throw me a bone and let me play him. Ill make you proud great ABC poker the kind that pays my poor college kid rent.

always been impressed with quality of stars customer service. You get your cheuqes fast on cashout and are always very quick to respond to questions and problems. last week in a deepstack event there were three players at my table speaking spanish. i asked them to chat "only in english at the table please" they insulted me (in English) then went back to speaking spanish to each other while hands were in play. annoyed by this (and the insult) i emailed support and it was dealt with within 4 minutes.. part of the total package that makes pokerstars the class of online poker.

I deposited for the first time at Stars a little over a week ago and I've been very impressed. I still think their software is atrocious, but the tournament selection and customer service are second to none.I can guarantee you no other site would have given your $500 back.

I deposited for the first time at Stars a little over a week ago and I've been very impressed. I still think their software is atrocious, but the tournament selection and customer service are second to none.I can guarantee you no other site would have given your $500 back.
Well, I know it would still be a week before I heard back from UB or FTP...at the least. :-)Yeah, tournament selection and customer service have always been Stars' best qualities.
Like I said, if that was something you really wanted to do, I would. I just wouldn't get any enjoyment out of it. Heh, I'd probably have more fun giving someone $500 to play you so I could watch and commentate. HU challenges are pointless for the most part, unless both sides have something to gain.
Heeeh..I wish I had an account on Stars right about now.
Where to begin....1...Never cheat PMJackson. He will find you and gut you like a pig!!!!2...PM, if you are looking for a candidate to take the FoxwoodsDork's money I will gladly improve your vast poker empire by thrashing this toolbag!3...Hogan was always blah, best stage persona ever...worst wrestler who ever lived. (Name me a single Hogan match that didn't follow this script...Hogan opens match with a few punches/kicks, he then proceeds to take an enormous whipping for 15-20 minutes, he someonehow manages to "counter" whatever special move his opponent has that was considered "uncounterable". He then whips said opponent into ropes and then proceeds to put boot to face. With opponent on ground, Hogan then bounces off a rope...throws the weakest finishing move ever "the leg drop..yippee" and gets the 1-2-3 and the fans go ape!!!)Scott Hall was better as Razor Ramon...Big Sexy Kevin Nash was easily the best member of the NWO. I will give Hogan credit...his entrance to Hendrix Voodoo Chile as a member of NWO was classic!Peace!