I find it quite interesting and somewhat amusing that you do a skit in black face, and now there is a disclaimer attached to everything you write. Got the dog from an asian, I like asian people. Named it Marley, don't take offense those of mixed races. You have stated that you associate better with blacks more so than whites in previous blogs. Just the fact race is pointed out, is racism. It is not discrimination or prejudice, but it is racism by definition. By the way, I just named my 3 new fish, that I adopted from a Hispanic friend, The Mouth, Greenstien and Kaplan. I do hope the Jewish Poker League doesn't get after me for that one. I love Jews and Hispanics and not all Jewish poker players are fish.

I find it quite interesting and somewhat amusing that you do a skit in black face, and now there is a disclaimer attached to everything you write. Got the dog from an asian, I like asian people. Named it Marley, don't take offense those of mixed races. You have stated that you associate better with blacks more so than whites in previous blogs. Just the fact race is pointed out, is racism. It is not discrimination or prejudice, but it is racism by definition. By the way, I just named my 3 new fish, that I adopted from a Hispanic friend, The Mouth, Greenstien and Kaplan. I do hope the Jewish Poker League doesn't get after me for that one. I love Jews and Hispanics and not all Jewish poker players are fish.
Can't believe you made me pull this out again***** THE DEFINITION OF RACISM1.THE BELIEF THAT A PARTICULAR RACE IS SUPERIOR TO OTHERS2.DISCRIMINATION OR PREJUDICE BASED ON RACE********************************************I don't think most people even know what the heck racism is. Just because you mention someones race or talk about it does not automatically make it racism. I understand why some people might think that because we have all been taught to be so sensitive and that race altogether is taboo to some folks, but come on people!!!! If you really didn't realize, Daniel was being sarcastic in that blog. He was putting all those disclaimers in to show how incredibly oversensitive and rediculous all these people who have been upset about his video blog are. It was funny Daniel, but I'm sure again, some people just won't get it, and will find some way to be offended.
Can't believe you made me pull this out again***** THE DEFINITION OF RACISM1.THE BELIEF THAT A PARTICULAR RACE IS SUPERIOR TO OTHERS2.DISCRIMINATION OR PREJUDICE BASED ON RACE********************************************I don't think most people even know what the heck racism is. Just because you mention someones race or talk about it does not automatically make it racism. I understand why some people might think that because we have all been taught to be so sensitive and that race altogether is taboo to some folks, but come on people!!!! If you really didn't realize, Daniel was being sarcastic in that blog. He was putting all those disclaimers in to show how incredibly oversensitive and rediculous all these people who have been upset about his video blog are. It was funny Daniel, but I'm sure again, some people just won't get it, and will find some way to be offended.***********************Disclaimer**********************8The above comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Full Contact Poker, dot com, dot net, or dot org or any future dot web site. The opinions expressed are solely the opinion of the poster, and are not intended to be construed as representative of this site, it's members, charter member, lurkers, or family member of the same. No one may copy, reproduce, quote or use this post without first getting the express written consent of Daniel Negreanu, Lori Negreanu, Mushu Negreanu, or the new dog. Any and all attempts to use words used in the above post will result in fines equal to the rake in one hour of 5/10Nl as played on Fullcontactpoker.net on February 15th, 2007 or the equivalent. Any attempts tomock the poster with regards to his choice of phrases, choice of hair tinting, or sweater collection will result in being banned for a period not less than the time it took Mike Matasow to blow up in the 2006 WSOP ME. Any attempts at FYPs ( excluding this one ) are at the sole descretion of Daniel Negreanu, Govenator, or any mods currently current in the rules and regulations regarding this board, it's readers and Al Gore, the inventor of the Internet.*********************End Disclaimer*********************8
fyp

My point is why even bring it up. Why do you have to point out someone's race. Is it really an important fact in the story. This blog and forum used to be good, as a matter of fact very good. FCP used to be good and DN's participation made it even better. You never hear about FCP anymore in here or from DN. It was the fact that he had hands on participation within his own online poker community made it superior to other sites. I used to look on here everyday, but now the blog and forum focus has migrated from poker/sports to politics on a consistant basis. Now I look maybe once a week, and its the same (small) group of people posting and reposting all the time. Look back in the archives and you will see how the focus of this blog has changed. Politics and religion didn't bring people in here, poker did and so did one of the greatest players to ever play did. Topics such as global warming that people in here will spend countless hours aguing. Please, how does anyone in here know the truth. I don't know if global warming is effecting the ozone. Do I care about the possible end of civilization? No, I don't want to see civilization come to an end. Will people be responsible for the end of civilization? I don't think so. The forces of nature are a hell of alot more powerful than the little specks we are on the face of this earth. All its is, is 2 sets of scientific data, and each one has a lot of spin on it. One little hiccup from this planet and its all over. If anyone thinks that we here on earth are going to change the course of nature, your nuts. The natural course of nature brought this planet here and it will take it away.Jeez DN, go back to poker, golf and sports.

My point is why even bring it up. Why do you have to point out someone's race. Is it really an important fact in the story. This blog and forum used to be good, as a matter of fact very good. FCP used to be good and DN's participation made it even better. You never hear about FCP anymore in here or from DN. It was the fact that he had hands on participation within his own online poker community made it superior to other sites. I used to look on here everyday, but now the blog and forum focus has migrated from poker/sports to politics on a consistant basis. Now I look maybe once a week, and its the same (small) group of people posting and reposting all the time. Look back in the archives and you will see how the focus of this blog has changed. Politics and religion didn't bring people in here, poker did and so did one of the greatest players to ever play did. Topics such as global warming that people in here will spend countless hours aguing. Please, how does anyone in here know the truth. I don't know if global warming is effecting the ozone. Do I care about the possible end of civilization? No, I don't want to see civilization come to an end. Will people be responsible for the end of civilization? I don't think so. The forces of nature are a hell of alot more powerful than the little specks we are on the face of this earth. All its is, is 2 sets of scientific data, and each one has a lot of spin on it. One little hiccup from this planet and its all over. If anyone thinks that we here on earth are going to change the course of nature, your nuts. The natural course of nature brought this planet here and it will take it away.Jeez DN, go back to poker, golf and sports.
I think I'm gonna eat hamburger helper for dinner. Maybe beef stroganoff, or Cheesy Italian shells.
I haven't played poker much lately. I'm on a little break before the LAPC. When I actually play poker, I promise you the blogs will be about poker again.
When something stops evolving and developing, it dies.Change, development, evolution, etc. are normal healthy processes. The opposite is stagnation and death.
When something stops evolving and developing, it dies.Change, development, evolution, etc. are normal healthy processes. The opposite is stagnation and death.
So I can tell my wife that if I don't keep eating like a pig and growing, I could die?Cool

***PC ALERT. Many of the best athletes in this country are African-American. However, it is not appropriate to discuss such things in any way or even acknowledge the fact that there are no white cornerbacks in the NFL. To make any reference to this would be highly inappropriate and offensive to all. END PC ALERT***this was my favourite. it relates so much to every day life. People think it's wrong to call a black person 'black'. I think this blog is one of my favourites, coz recently, there have been alot of blogs which have shown the elements of Daniel that I dislike, but this blog shows alot of Daniel's finer qualities imo.He shows that being practical is more important than being politically correct. For the record, for what it's worth to Daniel (I doubt it's worth much), the reason I like you so much is because your willingness to say the things everyone is scared to say. I said you were easily influenced and sometimes childish, and I still believe that, but please don't stop being passionate about the things you do believe in. I find it very refreshing to see that someone in the media spot light is still able to genuinely speak his mind and be passionate about the things he believes in.

***PC ALERT. Many of the best athletes in this country are African-American. However, it is not appropriate to discuss such things in any way or even acknowledge the fact that there are no white cornerbacks in the NFL. To make any reference to this would be highly inappropriate and offensive to all. END PC ALERT***this was my favourite. it relates so much to every day life. People think it's wrong to call a black person 'black'. I think this blog is one of my favourites, coz recently, there have been alot of blogs which have shown the elements of Daniel that I dislike, but this blog shows alot of Daniel's finer qualities imo.He shows that being practical is more important than being politically correct. For the record, for what it's worth to Daniel (I doubt it's worth much), the reason I like you so much is because your willingness to say the things everyone is scared to say. I said you were easily influenced and sometimes childish, and I still believe that, but please don't stop being passionate about the things you do believe in. I find it very refreshing to see that someone in the media spot light is still able to genuinely speak his mind and be passionate about the things he believes in.
I'm telling you, I live my life by this quote:"In order to avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, and be nothing..." Yeah, I say stupid stuff sometimes. Actually a lot, lol. Hey, I'm human and I'm not trying to pretnd that I'm perfect. I say what's on my mind and if I find out that I was way wrong, I'm more than happy to admit it.
I'm telling you, I live my life by this quote:"In order to avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, and be nothing..." Yeah, I say stupid stuff sometimes. Actually a lot, lol. Hey, I'm human and I'm not trying to pretnd that I'm perfect. I say what's on my mind and if I find out that I was way wrong, I'm more than happy to admit it.
Daniel, I think you live by my quote:"Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional"Sounds like you, lol.
I haven't played poker much lately. I'm on a little break before the LAPC. When I actually play poker, I promise you the blogs will be about poker again.
I wish you well. You had me glued to cardplayer.com for 3 days the last time. I just prefer the simple things in life I guess, and that is what your blogs were. Maybe, the simple blogs (poker and general life) were boring to others in here but I found them entertaining. Money and being the best in your field didn't stop you from connecting with people who are distant from the goals you have achieved. You can't find that just anywhere. But, controversy, animosity, back-biting, you can get that anywhere.