if i posted this hh i would be laughed off the board

From Daniel's Blog..."In BB with 5s 8s, five way action. Flop 8c4s 2s. I bet 600, button calls. Turn 3. I bet 1200, button CALLS. River 10h, I check, button bets, I show my hand and fold. He shows the nuts, 5-6.I raise LP with Ah 4h, David Pham calls in BB. Flop 10h 7d 5h. David bets 500, I call. Turn 4, David bets 1100, I call. river blank... David had 6-8.I raise with 5d 8h three callers. Flop 9d 7d 4h. I bet small, then call small raise heads up. Turn 5, check-check. River Ks."Hmmm ... I wonder why he's on a bad streak?? Does anyone else smell a donkey around here?01.28.70

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You understand Daniel's style is to see alot of flops and out play people after the flop. He limps in with lots of stuff. I think he made more money tonight online than I have ever online. If you think he is a donkey max one of your credit cards and play him.That is all,Hermit.

DN plays a high variance style of poker. He sees a lot of flops and tries to get creative. People bashing him have no idea what they are talking about. The guy has won millions of dollars and dozens of tournaments...after working his way up from low limit play in Canada. Obviously he is a great player.That said...yeah some of the hands lately are suspect. And yes, some people around here would defend him if he played 72 and lost to AA. But this is his fan site, so that is to be expected.The haters are pretty pathetic if they get their rocks off bashing him and other people around here.

DN plays a high variance style of poker.  He sees a lot of flops and tries to get creative.  People bashing him have no idea what they are talking about.  The guy has won millions of dollars and dozens of tournaments...after working his way up from low limit play in Canada.  Obviously he is a great player.That said...yeah some of the hands lately are suspect.  And yes, some people around here would defend him if he played 72 and lost to AA.  But this is his fan site, so that is to be expected.The haters are pretty pathetic if they get their rocks off bashing him and other people around here.
I think I agree with this 100 percent. Nice post. People who bash him a lot are retarded....but no more retarded then the people who think he is the best tourney player in the world. He isn't as bad as his results this year, and he isn't as good as his results in 2004. Those who won't "bash" him for his results now shouldn't act like his extraordinarlily good results in 2004 were "all skill" either.....same mistake at both ends of the spectrum.

Did anyone also bother to pay attention to the cards that he lost to?They were the same types of hands. Maybe some of you people should learn what you're talking about before starting stupid threads bashing his play. He's not the only one playing like this, but sometimes you actually have to hit your cards... Kind of like his opponents in those hands!Anyone who doesn't realize that there are points when shit just doesn't go your way, should try actually playing poker instead of just coming here to talk crap all day long.

"In BB with 5s 8s, five way action. Flop 8c4s 2s. I bet 600, button calls. Turn 3. I bet 1200, button CALLS. River 10h, I check, button bets, I show my hand and fold. He shows the nuts, 5-6.
He should check fold with top pair and a flush draw in this spot? The guy hit a 6 outer on him and he was able to lay down his hand. So guess i'm missing something. Also he was the bb.
STOP DEFENDING DANIEL YOUF UCKING SHEEP!!!!!!IM SO SICK OF ITGET OVER DANIEL AND STOP SUCKING HIM OFFHE'S PLAYIN censored ANYONE THATS NOT A COMPLETE RETARD CAN SEE THAT
Dude, no offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. See, Daniel is what we call the ONE OF the best tournament players in the world. And probably the best player under 30 in the world (Brunson said this and i respect his opinion more than anyone else on this forum)... unless ivey is under 30. He got there by his post flop play which makes the above hands described profitable to him... lemme draw a parelleltennis:agassi in his prime went down the line WAY over what was considered safe or right. but he was agassi. so get off his case. this is the same thing.daniel plays more hands than sklansky says you should... because he is daniel fcking negreanu. so show some respect, kiddo.
STOP DEFENDING DANIEL YOUF UCKING SHEEP!!!!!!IM SO SICK OF ITGET OVER DANIEL AND STOP SUCKING HIM OFFHE'S PLAYIN censored ANYONE THATS NOT A COMPLETE RETARD CAN SEE THAT
Dude, no offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. See, Daniel is what we call the ONE OF the best tournament players in the world. And probably the best player under 30 in the world (Brunson said this and i respect his opinion more than anyone else on this forum)... unless ivey is under 30. He got there by his post flop play which makes the above hands described profitable to him... lemme draw a parelleltennis:agassi in his prime went down the line WAY over what was considered safe or right. but he was agassi. so get off his case. this is the same thing.daniel plays more hands than sklansky says you should... because he is daniel fcking negreanu. so show some respect, kiddo.
Lol, careful there buddy. DN is 31. As for Ivey, I believe he is 25 [26?]. You got their approximate ages switched, lol.

If you posted this hand history from your micro, low, or even medium stakes play, you would (and should) be laughed off the board. You have no idea what it takes to play at the level Daniel plays at. Neither do I. You have no idea how to play 85s profitably, so you make an jackass of yourself on this board. He bet with the best hand, and folded when he got out-drawn. That's pretty good poker if you ask me. It has nothing to do with being a fan... it's clear you dont know what you're talking about.

Hi! My name is General Poker Forum. This is an example of one of my many worthless threads started by one of my many worthless trolls. I am supposed to be a general forum to discuss poker issues, but many of my members, like the super dooper OP, do nothing but bash the person who started me. Keep it up, you wonderfull ball of poo!Hope everyone has a good day!

"In BB with 5s 8s, five way action. Flop 8c4s 2s. I bet 600, button calls. Turn 3. I bet 1200, button CALLS. River 10h, I check, button bets, I show my hand and fold. He shows the nuts, 5-6.
He should check fold with top pair and a flush draw in this spot? The guy hit a 6 outer on him and he was able to lay down his hand. So guess i'm missing something. Also he was the bb.
you should just fold this preflop in the BB in an unraised pot. you don't want your opponents to know you play weak hands like this.

OP, you need some mental help and from what i see, some poker help too. Daniel plays a lot of different styles and mixes up his game. You're right, you probably would've been bashed if it was you making that play but you're not DN. Hes already proven how good he is so pretty much no matter what play he makes, hes making it for a reason so we give him a lot of respect here.

With the style of poker that he plays, if he doesn't hit cards or draws, he will look like an idiot often. During this run, that is happening to him. I don't say he's the best tourney player in the world. But, to you who hate everyone who supports Daniel, I don't understand. Most of us are on this site in part because we like Daniel and respect him as a player. And yeah, betting a flop where you have top pair and a flush draw is horrible... :roll:

With the style of poker that he plays, if he doesn't hit cards or draws, he will look like an idiot often. During this run, that is happening to him. I don't say he's the best tourney player in the world. But, to you who hate everyone who supports Daniel, I don't understand. Most of us are on this site in part because we like Daniel and respect him as a player. And yeah, betting a flop where you have top pair and a flush draw is horrible... :roll:
Zim, only donks bet out those kinda flops. I mean he has potentially 14 outs with 2 streets left. What is Daniel's problem? This is what makes him a donk.sw

Yeah, also, good luck if you go to a major buyin tournament and want to nut-peddle. You will never get over double your buy in unless you get set over set 3 or 4 times. To accumulate a stack, you either have to catch cards like crazy, or learn how to be unpredictable with your starting hands.

Yeah, also, good luck if you go to a major buyin tournament and want to nut-peddle. You will never get over double your buy in unless you get set over set 3 or 4 times. To accumulate a stack, you either have to catch cards like crazy, or learn how to be unpredictable with your starting hands.
You HAVE to get lucky to win those 10k buy in tournaments. Its just a fact. Anyone can win one of those things but you have to be very good to be consistently deep into the tournament.
DN plays a high variance style of poker. He sees a lot of flops and tries to get creative. People bashing him have no idea what they are talking about. The guy has won millions of dollars and dozens of tournaments...after working his way up from low limit play in Canada. Obviously he is a great player.That said...yeah some of the hands lately are suspect. And yes, some people around here would defend him if he played 72 and lost to AA. But this is his fan site, so that is to be expected.The haters are pretty pathetic if they get their rocks off bashing him and other people around here.
I think I agree with this 100 percent. Nice post. People who bash him a lot are retarded....but no more retarded then the people who think he is the best tourney player in the world. He isn't as bad as his results this year, and he isn't as good as his results in 2004. Those who won't "bash" him for his results now shouldn't act like his extraordinarlily good results in 2004 were "all skill" either.....same mistake at both ends of the spectrum.
You're wrong, he is as good as he did in 2004. And he is definately in the top 10 tournament players in the world.