I haven't gotten around to making one of these in a while, so I figured I'd steal someone's thunder...March Goals

• Make 15 buy-ins at 3/6 NL before moving up.
  • Play well in the WPC ME.
  • Get my BR back over $20k.

February Goals/Results

• Become overall profitable at 3/6 NLHE.Check.
  • Continue taking shots at 5/10 NL and 30/60 Limit.After getting kicked in the teeth by 5/10 early in the month, I really didn't play much afterwards, but it was good experience as I gradually get comfortable at that level. I also didn't really play much LHE.
  • Build my BR to $30k.Failed this one. Sitting on $14k at the moment.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goal for feb was 60k hands and 14k dollars.I made about 15k, but i only played roughly 40k hands. As for goals in march, im going to be realistic and say 50k hands and a modest $15,000.But hopefully ill get my **** together and play more. We'll see.I also need to start funnelling my online funds to my bank account in preparation for purchasing a condo. My non-poker goal is to have all the paperwork done by mid april so that i can close for the beginning of june and hopefully be moved in for summer. It's going to be the sickest place ever. Im going to install hardwood floors with my dad, granite countertops, sweet leather couches, a 50inch flat screen and all sorts of awesome touches. Im also going to get a really awesome poker table. Ive already decided the buildings. For anyone in toronto, it's at bayview and sheppard in the NYC styled buildings. 1bdrm+den with 2 washrooms. 181692.jpg489697.jpg

Those are really nice places abba, for sure. Good for you! Hopefully I can get in on the inaugural Abba open poker tourney and housewarming...lolI'll drive up from London for that.For feb results...yea...busto on stars, busto on AP, didn't cash an mtt at all the first part of the month, then got about 300 in rakeback, worked my ass off to get it to $650 playing 50nl, was running at 18bb/100 for the first week or so...thennnnn variance showed up and kicked the shit out of me and I watched my 650 drop back to about 350, so I cashed it out. I'm going to Vegas on Saturday for 5 days, and maybe after that I'll redeposit and get back in the game...So for march goal...who knows...All depends what if anything I bring back from LV. I'm gonna play in the $540 deepstack tourney on Sat at the Venetian, and if I cash in that, I'll probably play the $330 on sunday as well. If not, I'll probably slide over to Caesars and catch the final match of the HU championship tourney that will be happening.Anyone else in LV for the Venetian deepstacks this coming week??

For anyone in toronto, it's at bayview and sheppard in the NYC styled buildings. 1bdrm+den with 2 washrooms.
holy crap, i grew up at bayview and york mills, family still lives at yonge and eglinton, so i know exactly which ones you're talking about. pretty swanky, and great location near the subway. probably will be able to sell it for double in 5 years.so can i crash on your couch for 3 weeks during the Ex at the end of August?

February Goals:Get some real money onto FullTilt (~$4k).Actually play some poker. Looking to play at least 10k hands.Didn't get cash onto FullTilt from my other accounts (well, $1k, but not as much as I'd like).Didn't play much poker. Played only 1300 cash game hands. Only played 26 sitngos/tourneys too.Overall:Cash games break evenSitnGos/Tourneys +$700ish.Ok. March goals:I have a challenge (only for $200, but still provides motivation) set by my flatmate: 10k hands of $100NL, with a winrate of >3.5BB/100. I'm expecting to breeze it. Means I actually have to play though.

Feb Goals :10-15K hands at $0.02/0.04NL increase bankroll to $150-200 Didn't make it only played roughly 8k hands and bankroll at $100, approx 7.5BB/100. Made most of my gains in the 1st 2 weeks and then went up and down by $5 daily for 2 weeks, bloody frustrating!. Poker Office went tits up after the party update mid month so switched to PokerTracker hence rough figures.Party is still ropey since the update and freezes on me 3-4 times a night, lost more than one monster hand to that.March Goals :10k+ hands $0.02/0.04NL increase bankroll to $200. Use PokerTracker more effectively.Titan also dropped $15 dollars into my empty account So I'll mess around loosely with that if I feel like I'm tilting.Have to learn to let my big pairs and sets go when he board has big flush potential and be more conservative with AK AQ.GL everyone :club:

February Goals:I have about $1400 in 20's stuffed in a sock in my underwear drawer. My goal for February is to stuff many more 20's into that sock. - I stuffed a few more in there and then took the whole wad to the bank.I'm hoping to be able to play live poker 2-3 times a week at some of the cardrooms here in New York, assuming my work schedule cooperates. - I did that, but the New York poker scene is becoming more and more miserable. However, no one here knows how to play mixed games, and there's a certain 10-20 HOE with a half kill that I wish would run every day. Beyond that, I've suspended my online play because I may be moving to the West Coast and that bankroll would pay for the move. - This has been confirmed. I am officially moving to LA this summer. I hear the live poker scene might be slightly better there.March Goals:Just put $400 in FTP. Going to try to double that playing SNG's. Mostly single table. $100NL online has become incredibly nitty, to the point where I saw multiple occasions in which tables went an entire orbit without seeing a flop. That's totally astounding to me. Also, if I can ever actually get set up on UB with rakeback, I'm going to try to play a couple thousand hands there to get a feel for how people play on that site.

I just want to say that I LOVE POSITIONI THANK GOD EVERYDAY THAT HE CREATED BUTTONI ALSO THANK HIM THAT HE GIVES COURAGE TO PEOPLE SO THEY KEEP POTTING IT FROM UTG PF I just won a 244$ pot in $100PLO without even going to showdown. My goals for the next century is playing nothing OOP. Rest is easy.That's all.Go on.

I spent a good amount of time in Jan/Early Feb withdrawing funds to pay off debts then moving a portion of my bankroll to Absolute so I didn't really set any goals last month. March Goals-10,000 hands-Make $1500 (rakeback and bonuses included)Current roll is at about $4600, would like to get it up over 6k by april playing 1/2NL

Party is still ropey since the update and freezes on me 3-4 times a night, lost more than one monster hand to that.
That's odd. I've played about 4k hands there over the last 2 weeks and haven't had it freeze up on me once. Do they not offer disconnect protection for the micros to save your monsters from freezing/disconnections?

i ran really bad at stars, so i abandoned the sit'n'go avenue, and went to absolute to play some shlhe, that was fun for a couple weeks, but lol at the last week or so :club: i couldn't do anything rightfebruarystars.pngfebruarysngs.pngfebruaryabsolute.pngthank god for rakeback/bonusesmarch goals:i'm running so bad, i don't even know where to start. i think i want to play 20k hands (at 2/4 to start, but i will allow myself to move up to 3/6 when i am 300BBs up at 2/4) because i don't think i can play my a game at anything higher than that right now. i also want to play some donkaments since i didn't do that at all in february.i am a saaaaaad panda right now

Couldn't complete my february goals because I didn't have enough time to play, but w.e. My goal for March is to win atleast $2500 and to do basically all of this in one week(march break) I'll be playing mostly Mtt's with some sng's and cash games mixed in. Gl everyone.

February Goals-Play 12k hands of 50 NL HE.Played ~7k hands. Came up short due to switching sites and lack of tables open at previous site.-Build BR to $1000 playing 50 NL HE (goal readjusted mid-month after reaching previous goal of $500)Bankroll stands at 923.91. Had I been able to play more consistently, I should have reached my goal.March Goals-Play 12k hands of 50 and 100 NL HE.-Take shots and learn to consistently beat 100 NL HE-Build BR to $2000 playing 50 and 100 NL HE-Find and repair huge leaks in my game

My first goal post so no Feb. goals to go over. Made about 5k last month.March:My first 10k month, playing full time 1nl some 2nl mid monthMove 3k to UB by the end of the month and get rakeback for the first time ever.(PM me and be ready to chat me through the process at some point at the end of the month and you've got an easy referral. If you just say 'click my name' I won't, I'm too dumb. Be ready to talk me through the damn thing. I'm a cpu donk)NO BLACK JACK

Feb Goal: to play between 300-350 sngs and hopefully get my roll up to 4 or 5K by the end of the month and then go back to playing SHLHE and also mix in some O8. I also want to get money onto stars somehow so I can divide my time between FT and stars so I can get in more Turbosstarting roll: $1188well, I accomplished one goal and failed at the other. I got in 507 sngs this past month and have my roll up to $2316 on FT and 150 something on stars. So, I was able to get my roll up to almost 2500 in total and should be getting like 350 in RB so, not bad, not what i wanted either.march goals: due to midterms and me spending 10 days in NYC, I'm just hoping to get in about 250sngs at the 36-60 levels and hopefully finally get my roll up to 4-5k so that I can start playing SHLHE again.also, I would like to be able to play on stars more, so if anyone is willing to exchange stars $$ for FT $$ and you're reputable, I'm listening

For Feb.:-End the month @ $400BR at the end of Feb.-$275-FT and make the top 3 of a 4.40One win and a 3rd. Alllll downhill since then though.-Stop being lazy and play.I definitely feel like I played a lot more. Not so much in the last week b/c of the downswing.-Move up to $6.50 turbo SNGs fulltime.Check.Not a bad month, but I could have done better. I think I played B avg. poker for the most part. In any case, here are the goals for MarchMarch goals

• BR at the end of March-$500
  • Move up to $16 SNGs and $11 180s fulltime
  • Play more donkaments
  • Win a seat to either the Sunday Million or $650 WSOP sat (and sell seat)

Feb:-Make 10 buy-ins at $25. (From the 16th) Started of great, was up to $150-ish after four days, playing pretty good. Then I had my "once a month" monkey-tilt session and lost that. Ended up at +$90 + some rake back. March:-Average 500 hands a dayMake $500 so I can move up to $50

February Goals and Results

• 20,000 hands at 3/6 LHE and up online. I'll be in Vegas for a week, so I've lowered my goal a bit here.I wasted way too much time playing SNGs and MTTs, as usual. I only played 12,000ish hands, and a lot of those were even at 2/4, as I had to drop down a bit after my roll taking a hit for my trip to Vegas.
  • $5,000 in profit, after bonus and rakeback.Well, definitely did not reach this goal either. IMO, I ran awfully, and I'm pretty sure I left money on the tables, but I managed to clear $1,243.94 after estimating for rakeback. This number will change slightly, more than likely when I get the final RB #s, etc. Still, way below my goal, and rather disappointing, considering I cleared a $1000 worth of bonus and cleared almost $700 in RB. Bleh, bad month at the tables. This figure also doesn't include losses while in Vegas, as I'm attributing that to entertainment expenses rather than poker income.
  • Win some money while in Vegas.Nope.

March Goals

• 25,000 hands at 2/4 LHE and up online.
  • $5,000 in profit, after bonus and rakeback.
  • Practice better table selection, and site selection, and stay away from -EV (high variance) MTTs and SNGs when I could be putting in more time playing cash games, clearing bonuses and rakeback.

Really, what I'd like to do is get my BR back to $3k, it's about $1800 or so after I get my RB payments, AND take enough out to finally pay for my tuition ($2500 CAD) and pay off my Visa once and for all ($1000 CAD). That totals about $4500 in profit, so hopefully I can actually do it. I'd also really like to show a goddamn profit at the tables. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I think I'll wait until April and May to start trying to Sat to some of the WSOP events.GL All.- ZachEDIT - Profit ammended to $1,198.40 after receiving less RB than I expected. (Just means that I'll get a bit more in March from what I played early this morning, which I was still considering Feb)

March Goals:Have a great time in Cambodia and don't get malaria!loool.If I go to LA upon return, win at least 5 buy ins.I literally have hardly any money online and my bankroll is just like "whatever". However it is still there and well I just need to get in some hours, preferrably live. So we'll see.I got my school goals for feb. set, so I'm pretty much good to go there. Spring quarter...if I do the same I'm straight...but I would like to take a few more poker trips if possible.Or.......this whole online poker thing passes, neteller comes back...and I can move money around again online. lol. i can dream...- Jordan

February Results:I did do very well in cash games this past month, which is a good thing since it has been my primary focus for the past 2 months. And to see that it has been working and paying off is really satisfying, since I used to be a sng/mtt donk. Made $900 in hold em games, some .50/$1 shnlhe, 3/6 and 5/10 shlhe. Than in 2-7 lowball, I made about $1,200 at limits ranging from 2/4 -5/10. And now the bad news... ugh this sucks soooooo bad, I almost dont want to admit it. But i'm down almost $900 in mtt's, a few sng's and a few satellites. that blows hard. My big score never came around like it did in January. It seems as though I can't win a crucial hand when I really need too, regardless if im a huge favorite, 60/40, 40/60, coin flip, and obv a huge underdog, nothing would go my way this month. I mean I got heads up 4/8 times in double shootout satellites, and only pulled out the winner one of them, where obv the next table i went out in 7th place. but I lost every heads up battle to a hand where I should have won, makes me so sick. March goals:Destroy cash games. I'm not going to set a monetary amount to shoot for, Just to kill these games and play my "A" game 24/7 and play with confidence. I believe if you do these two things all the time, the money will inevitably make its way into your hands. Final Table numerous mtt's/180's. I need to follow up a dissapointing February with an insane march. Side goal (more of a goal for the next 3 months), if I have the time for it, Make some T$ that I can use to try and satellite into this years WSOP. That would be a huge accomplishment...gl to all in march