Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:37 AM

That is a HQ gif if Iíve ever seen one.

#264242 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

Talked to my boss. She took our conversation to the CEO and then brought it up with leadership. Said something to the effect of, she hasn’t ever managed anyone like me, who makes $x and can still come away feeling like they’re getting screwed. Reading between the lines, she wanted to come back and say to me that I’m being ungrateful, but leadership’s conclusion was that they needed to give me clear indication on my career path with the firm.

Anyway, the number isn’t changing. It’s reassuring to know that it was solely my boss coming up with an arbitrary number, and not the full committee. But I’m getting screwed relative to my peers at the firm, and it has more to do with preserving profitability than it does judging value added, which is completely contrary to how comp works as explained by management.

The longer I feel this way, the more willing I am to give up $20-30k to hit the reset button and get back to working in investments at some other firm. I’m not getting any additional happiness from the money anyway.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#264243 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:11 AM

You can just give it to me if itís not doing anything for you.

Obviously Iím hoping you come to a favorable resolution, one way or another. It sucks being miserable at work when you have to spend so much of your life there.

#264244 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,200 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:58 AM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 11 July 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

The longer I feel this way, the more willing I am to give up $20-30k to hit the reset button and get back to working in investments at some other firm. I’m not getting any additional happiness from the money anyway.

this is becoming clearer to me over time. i'm not sure i can work in this industry for the rest of my life because most days i hate it. i'm not sure what else i can do, but i lie awake some nights thinking about quitting and playing poker full time, even though i know i could never actually do that. anything to get out of going into an office every day.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#264245 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,747 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

England needs to remove its head from its ass.

#264246 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,200 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

soccer is dumb

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#264247 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,587 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:37 PM

That's for sure.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#264248 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,920 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:08 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 11 July 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

RULE BRITANNIA!

You miserable fing jinx
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#264249 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,200 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:39 AM

what can i say, i just want others to suffer like me. heading up to play some poker this afternoon at the hollywood. hopefully my luck will change.

#264250 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:19 AM

They said my appraisal will be completed by end of business today and my mortgage processor says that could mean anywhere from 3-8 pm. If itís low I will pursue legal action.

It taking all day wouldnít be a big deal if I had literally anything else to do other than to sit her worrying itís going to come in low. Iím working on projects that have been cancelled just in case they become un-cancelled.

Cc: my lawyer

#264251 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,200 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

if they want to see this property tied up in litigation until barron is the 49th president of these united states they'll fvck with my guy nap.

#264252 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,200 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:39 PM

we're rounding up on 8. what's the verdict?

#264253 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

The verdict is everything went fine because everything not going fine costs every person involved (except Napa).

Closing is just a surreal feeling. Eight people around a table, watching you, willing you to sign away the next 30 years of paychecks.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#264254 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:09 PM

Verdict is I guess my mortgage processor doesnít check his email at night cause my inbox is empty. Start drafting the...whatever needs to be drafted.

#264255 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,200 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

To Whom it May Concern:

YOU DONE FVCKED UP.

#264256 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

addendum to the above:

CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#264257 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,152 posts

Posted Today, 07:52 AM

House is mostly done and great. Lots of yard stuff to do. Mowing this thing is a bitch. If I didnít need the exercise, iíd Get a ride mower

Step son is fine, has had the same job for 3 years and been out of the house for at least two. Heís turned it around

Dogs are fun. Life is simple

Headed to West Palm next weekend for a quick getaway. I will worry too much about the dogs and hopefully not drink to excess. Hoping to get some good beach weather on Saturday and hoping there arenít sea lice, jellyfish or anything else nightmarish in the water.

Napa, the appraisal will come in. Both of ours laughingly came in right on the number or with a $500 cushion. Itís rigged
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#264258 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted Today, 08:42 AM

Mortgage processor emailed me yesterday night saying he checked and the company hadnít even uploaded the report yet. EOD Friday my ass.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users