Winter Olympics 2010 Vancouver

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there going to be enough snow? I heard a while back that there had not been much of a winter up there. Are they making snow, or did some finally accumulate?
supposed to RAin hard next few days here but they have been trucking in snow from another mountain far away so should be enoughstrange never seen the montains without snow this time of the year

Meh.Here in the US they keep using Summer Athletes and Dan Jansen to try and generate interest. I know the real stars don't really emerge until the events are held, but there just doesn't seem to be any buzz around these Games. Strange, since it is in our hemisphere and you'd think proximity would lead to some genuine interest.

Meh.Here in the US they keep using Summer Athletes and Dan Jansen to try and generate interest. I know the real stars don't really emerge until the events are held, but there just doesn't seem to be any buzz around these Games. Strange, since it is in our hemisphere and you'd think proximity would lead to some genuine interest.
The way NBC televises the Olympics, it is so hard getting into it. They shove figure skating down your throat. Show hardly any events live. There is ten times as many profiles and special interest stories as apposed to the actual event. They also put so much empasis on US athletes that you get very little coverage of the action of other athletes.
The way NBC televises the Olympics, it is so hard getting into it. They shove figure skating down your throat. Show hardly any events live. There is ten times as many profiles and special interest stories as apposed to the actual event. They also put so much empasis on US athletes that you get very little coverage of the action of other athletes.
I used to think it was only the US that did this but watching the CBC coverage of the Olympics they do mostly the same thing but seem to show more live events.But now with USA, NBC, and MSNBC, you can watch some obscure stuff live if you are around.
Just saw the video of this. wow.(no, I'm not posting the video. Seems a bit wrong)
You probably couldn't post it anyway as they seem to be getting it taken down almost as fast as other people are putting it up.Is that set up normal for luge? It doesn't really make sense to me to have a bunch of steel posts along a stretch of the track with a low lip. Like, what happened to him didn't seem like a freak accident.
Is that set up normal for luge? It doesn't really make sense to me to have a bunch of steel posts along a stretch of the track with a low lip. Like, what happened to him didn't seem like a freak accident.
Horrible setup. Horrible course. Events on it should be cancelled. I know it sounds like I'm overreacting but the video they showed on NBC was sad and ridiculous.
Horrible setup. Horrible course. Events on it should be cancelled. I know it sounds like I'm overreacting but the video they showed on NBC was sad and ridiculous.
They've concluded that it was "Human Error" and don't plan any changes. In fact, they've increased the schedule to make up for time lost.Nice.The Human Error is the Human Retard (sorry Sarah) who put an unpadded steel pole where someone going 90 MPH could crash into it.

Damn protesters are breaking windows in a protest in the city right now. These ****ing scumbags need to get roughed up and chased out of town. What exactly are you you trying to accomplish at this point????

Damn protesters are breaking windows in a protest in the city right now. These ****ing scumbags need to get roughed up and chased out of town. What exactly are you you trying to accomplish at this point????
What are they protesting?