Who's watching this? I'll check it out but will have to watch it later as it's on at the same time as Survivor. I have a feeling it's going to be over the top brutality served up from Simon considering that's what A.I. missed from him last season. Hopefully it's well balanced.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be watching it. I have never enjoyed AI so I suspect this won't be much different. Simon, Paula, and a Randy look-a-like. If it was a show like AGT then I would watch as I enjoy variety as opposed to pop singers.

is there a gimmick that makes this different from American Idol, other than the name?
american idol is just singers. The x-factor has contestants that do more then just sing, they aremulti dimensional and that it, they have the x factor.
I won't be watching it. I have never enjoyed AI so I suspect this won't be much different. Simon, Paula, and a Randy look-a-like. If it was a show like AGT then I would watch as I enjoy variety as opposed to pop singers.
LA Reid is a million times more legit than Randy. The guy has launched the careers of countless stars.... Randy was in Journey.I think the main difference is that there are individuals and groups allowed. I guess that is the only difference. And that the auditions are in front of an audience, which I think is annoying. I think it is more personal for someone to tell you face to face that you suck when you are in a small room.
LA Reid is a million times more legit than Randy. The guy has launched the careers of countless stars.... Randy was in Journey.
haha I watched the opening while eating dinner and they mentioned all the acts he made stars and I hate most all of them. I really just simply don't like more than half the music that is used on these shows.
LA Reid is a million times more legit than Randy. The guy has launched the careers of countless stars.... Randy was in Journey.I think the main difference is that there are individuals and groups allowed. I guess that is the only difference. And that the auditions are in front of an audience, which I think is annoying. I think it is more personal for someone to tell you face to face that you suck when you are in a small room.
Another big difference is that you can be any age, instead of 15-29.

I fast forwarded through most of it but thought it was decent. LA Reid is by far my favorite judge. Basically the same as American Idol with those few other things mentioned earlier. But there is nothing really unique about the show, but it will be good anyways I think.

Was I the only won who thought the producers must've paid a couple of terrible/fake singing acts to come on to give the show something awful to show? There was a black chick who sounded so fake in the 2nd half of the show. Then tried to say how Simon is all "mean" blah blah when he didn't even say anything to her mean? I mean really, most were all good & pre-auditioned obviously so it seemed pretty clear it wasn't their first audition we're seeing.Nothing original except Simon putting up $5million to the winner to give the finger to A.I. producers.

I liked the guy that Tanner used to do blow with under the boardwalk.
You mean my boy Sequoia? I taught him how to do the splits!Or are you talking about the crackhead looking guy at the end? I fast forwarded through most of the life stories and sob stories so I might of missed what you are talking about.
You mean my boy Sequoia? I taught him how to do the splits!Or are you talking about the crackhead looking guy at the end? I fast forwarded through most of the life stories and sob stories so I might of missed what you are talking about.
Ya, the crankster white dude. He's from Santa Cruz.
Ya, the crankster white dude. He's from Santa Cruz.
yeah I figured that was the one lol. There is also a huge black woman from here that is supposed to make it to the next round but I think she auditioned in a different city.
I LOVE Cheryl Cole's (is that her name?) accent!
Was there ever an explanation to why she left the show? I think she got fired. She was supposed to be the permanent judge, then something happened and now Nicole Scherznigger is the full time judge.There were some really good auditions last night.

The girl at the very end of the show last night was pretty amazing.The kid rapper was pretty cool too. I looked him up on youtube and he has been hawking that "stop looking at my mom" song for a year though. He probably doesn't have any more material.

Is anyone else still watching this? I think there are a lot of good performers on the show. I'm not interested in any of the groups or the stupid thing they did with putting rejects in groups.

• 2 weeks later...