im freaking out i can't handle this anymore

Im literally have a nervous breakdown. My roomates probably think im crazy. Im ****ing snapping. I hate this ****ing game. playing 2/4 and i can't get anything going im on the coldest deck of my life im on a 87.5 BB down streak right now and i can't get out of it that fact that im on super tilt isn't helping the situation. Anyone been thats been through this have any tips cause if i don't get out of this soon im gonna blow through my entire bankroll. I feel absoulutely sick. And now im question whether everything ive made is a fluke. Any tips would help right now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through the same thing at the same level, unfortunately i didn't have a big enough bankroll for 2-4 and didn't realize it till it was gone. I've since deposited $150 and bonus whored my way back to almost 1G by playing .50-1 and 1-2. I would recomend you take a break, and assess your bankroll and situation before you lose it all and move down in limits when you start playing again.

get drunk then play some NL, try to go allin preflop with a decent hand and win it all back.
DO NOT listen to this complete idiot....to the OP... seriously think for a second about what your chances of getting those BB's back in your present shape are. Go for a run, go for a walk if you're lazy, or go watch your favourite movie.... DO NOT try and win it back... remember that people go through 300x BB downswings, it SUCKS HUGE but it happens, the only way not to get owned by it is to win it back when you're NOT on tilt.Gl.
get drunk then play some NL, try to go allin preflop with a decent hand and win it all back.
DO NOT listen to this complete idiot....to the OP... seriously think for a second about what your chances of getting those BB's back in your present shape are. Go for a run, go for a walk if you're lazy, or go watch your favourite movie.... DO NOT try and win it back... remember that people go through 300x BB downswings, it SUCKS HUGE but it happens, the only way not to get owned by it is to win it back when you're NOT on tilt.Gl.
Take this guys advice, I would've listened to it if I had the chance. But I didn't and I've lost my bankroll twice. Now I'm forced back to square 1, right back to where I started (hence my sig)....actually I should change it now that I've won a portion of it back...

I was tilting so bad last weekend I was blaming GOD! This game will fry your noodle if you let it. It got so bad that at one point I went all (this was at a b&m) and was so convinced I had lost the hand I started to get up and walk away as the river card fell. Yup, I just KNEW I had lost. Sure enough a spade fell and that d@mn flush had beaten me!!! I was so f-ing torqued. I mucked into the pile face down and stormed off to the restroom (...o.k., bar).Then the real pain came.When I came back I was told the guy had notta, bup kiss, zilch! If I had only tossed my hand face up I would have won! My straight would have won. But TILT (and a few vodkas) had beaten me into dumbassdum.And that pot was over $1300. Ouch baby.I'm still titling and haven't played since.Take a good long break bro. It'll do you wonders.Best...

Im literally have a nervous breakdown. My roomates probably think im crazy. Im censored snapping. I hate this censored game. playing 2/4 and i can't get anything going im on the coldest deck of my life im on a 87.5 BB down  streak right now and i can't get out of it that fact that im on super tilt isn't helping the situation. Anyone been thats been through this have any tips cause if i don't get out of this soon im gonna blow through my entire bankroll. I feel absoulutely sick. And now im question whether everything ive made is a fluke. Any tips would help right now.
Stop playing poker!! I used to be the same way get bent out of shape when the cards spit in your face. If u really want to be a very good to great player then you have to get your emotions in check. My advice to is for a year starting now, don't worry about wins and lossses. Worry about how well you played. Grade yourself A,B,C,D,F. After that year regardless of money, if your grade is good, continue playing. If it is bad quit!!

LIMIT POKER SUCKS. I was watching Spirit Rock and Matusow play the other day. Someone asked Spirit Rock if he ever plays in the big game with Doyle and all those guys or maybe it was "If he would ever play...." . He said that he wouldn't ever play in the big game because those guys play limit poker and limit poker is for suckers. haha I couldn't agree with him more.

one of the most important things to being a successful poker player is, at least in my opinion, knowing when a downswing has gotten you off your game and just getting up from the table, regardless of anything else. winning players have downswings (i've had 150BB downswings at 25/50, and felt very similarly to you, i'm sure, doubting everything about my game, etc.), but the key is to NOT allow that to make you play hands on tilt. everyone tilts. it happens--it's the nature of the beastly game. however, knowing that you're tilting and waiting until tomorrow to come back and get it back is the best thing you'll ever do. downswings with proper play aren't going to be huge. downswings when you're tilting are going to bust you. don't let the latter happen.so yeah, don't be afraid to walk away. i mean, i am currently in the middle of a 2 month hiatus from regular play, and if the couple of friendly sessions i've played with friends recently have been any indication, it's the best thing i could have done for my game. take a deep breath, have a drink, call a girl, whatever. there's a lot more to life than poker, despite what the downswings make you think. one good night of the wasted will help you remember that, and un-tilt you, accordingly.

Yeah so instead of taking all of your advice i chose the worst possible solution to the problem. I decided to play at a higher limit. Yeah i know im smart thanks. Can anyone guess what happened. You would think it would be bye bye bankroll. But no fortunately I managed to keep it together and go on a 20 big blind tear at 5/10. Yeah i know it was really stupid but it did get me over the extreme rage im in a great mood now. Although i will be going back down to 2/4. i think my bankroll is a good enough size for 2/4. its about 1000. anyone have any comments on that. I think its more that i just get really frustrated when i go on these runs than it is my bankroll i just feel completly helpless. Thanks for the support. Look for future editions on Nritchi3 snaps on FCP poker forum

ha, 87.5 BBs is nothing, all I can say is don't ever play short handed if you can't take this
I was playing shorthanded maybe thats part of the reason. I know i should expect these fluctuations but i still find it hard somtimes.
Yeah so instead of taking all of your advice i chose the worst possible solution to the problem. I decided to play at a higher limit. Yeah i know im smart thanks. Can anyone guess what happened. You would think it would be bye bye bankroll. But no fortunately I managed to keep it together and go on a 20 big blind tear at 5/10. Yeah i know it was really stupid but it did get me over the extreme rage im in a great mood now. Although i will be going back down to 2/4. i think my bankroll is a good enough size for 2/4. its about 1000. anyone have any comments on that. I think its more that i just get really frustrated when i go on these runs than it is my bankroll i just feel completly helpless.  Thanks for the support.  Look for future editions on Nritchi3 snaps on FCP poker forum
well, i'm glad it worked out for you this time, but i would strongly suggest that you avoid making this a regular course of action in the future. remember: if a bad run at 2/4 makes you sick, a bad run at 5/10 will make you insane. try not to make this a habit, or at least once, the bad run will continue at the higher level.edit: also, standard br for 2/4 is 1200 (300BB). 1000 is a bit risky.

I know this is clearly a horrible course of action the only reason i even considered it was that i felt like i was being drawn out on every hand for anyone who has played 2/4 limit shorthanded on the ipoker network you will understand when i say this is by no means a tight game. I generally play fairly tight and i think the suckouts are what just drive me insane. I knew i was tilting bad cause i was getting mad when flush draws hit on me. Which is obvious a regular occurence that wouldn't normally make me mad at all.

LIMIT POKER SUCKS.  I was watching Spirit Rock and Matusow play the other day.    Someone asked Spirit Rock if he ever plays in the big game with Doyle and all those guys or maybe it was  "If he would ever  play...."   .    He said that  he wouldn't ever play in the big game because those guys play limit poker and limit poker is for suckers.     haha   I couldn't agree with him more.
And he does it again folks!!!

First of all, don't listen to redpill.Second, I agree with someone from earlier in the thread, watch a movie. I think it works best if you actually go to the theater to see it, gets you out of the house. Bring along a few friends if anyone's available.After that, wait a day or two so you can sleep it off. Then buy a new poker book or reread an old one. If reading these books makes you angry or anxious, you aren't yet ready to play again, give it a few more days.

To the OP,I hear you man, I'm going through the same situation right now, blowing through my whole bankroll. I uninstalled stars tonight, I really gotta just stop playing for awhile and focus on school and stuff. Even though you won some back at 5/10 I think you should still take a little break from it, at least a week or so. It can't hurt.

Hard to repeat what hasn't already been said, and its all great advice. I'm currently on a downswing as well in 2/4 Limit, and the one thing i've tried is playing a different game, but also one where the money doesn't matter as much (for instance, since my downswing, i've started playing the little 1+.20 45 person SnG's, or the 5 +.5 SnG's on stars). You get to keep playing poker, have some fun with something different, and it gets your mind off of your losses. Also, winning or losing won't make that much of a difference to you, so feel free to take your tilt out on your opponents.Good Luck.

ha, 87.5 BBs is nothing, all I can say is don't ever play short handed if you can't take this
I was playing shorthanded maybe thats part of the reason. I know i should expect these fluctuations but i still find it hard somtimes.
Doesnt matter,87 Is NOTHING!!,You need to stop playing poker if u cant take a 87BB downswing.I've had 200BB downswing weekends, now thats fun!