new non-profit poker organization forming!!

Good Evening,I would like to hereby announce that a new Non Profit Poker Organization is now forming. The organization is called "All In" For Life: Poker For Charities, and it's main purpose is to organize No Limit Texas Hold'em poker tournaments as fundraisers for charitable causes.Our 1st event coming soon, will be for the American Red Cross, raising funds for Hurricane Relief.With this new venture we hope to not only promote the sport of poker, but provide an entertaining and unique way for charities and organizations to raise much needed funds.For More Information, please contact us at the following:Bruce KoehlerTrustorE-Mail: gwpoker@juno.com

Get a website together. And good luck.
If you click on the highkighted "All In" For Life it takes you to the website.
This must be where Phil got his quote from "you can't even spell Poker" check out their logo in the upper left of their site. I truly wish you the best, BUT, until the laws change you will have some serious hurdles to overcome for each event. I know a couple guys here in CA. that tried to start a similar business. It failed because they couldn't get any venues to hold the events, and Charities were reading the laws and realizing they could get busted for it.http://pokergazette.com/simpnews/singlenew...y=1&newsnr=1478

No offense man, and I really wish you luck...but get rid of the Juno email addy... spend $10 to register a REAL URL and spend $100 for a year of hosting for that real url.You gotta be and look professional, above all. I myself wouldn't play in your tourney because on the surface it looks like a hit-and-run organization. Especailly when playing poker (questionable legal issues) for money.You also really need to get a lawyer and check the laws. I know in Indiana, you can run a poker tourney but you as an organization cannot make ANY money from it (volunteer work ONLY). In Michigan, the people running the event must be volunteers AND be members of the organization.Both states even have a limit on how much the organization can pay to rent the facilities and equipment. And it's a VERY small amount, not enough for you to make any money on it (yeah I don't care if you are "non-profit".. there are CEOs of NFP orgs that make millions... hell Goodwill here locally has $20 million in yearly sales!).Anyway, I strongly suggest you get a better image before you promote this site. I say this in hopes that you succeed, not to bash you!

Thank you all for your suggestions and concerns. I would like to address each one below:A) We are currently registering our domain name. New name up soon.B) Email address is temporary until new domain is LIVE!C) I have read the laws for my state, and have spoken to the AZ Gaming Commisson, and I am covered under AZ Gaming Statutes as a 501©3 entity.I would like to note that we are also considered an entity similar to a national company called The Poker Pub Inc., who has FREE weekly tournaments all over the country.We are promoting the site early in order to get ourselves out in the communities plus promoting our 1st event which will be posted soon.As for venues, our status as a non profit organization has not effected our chance for finding tournament venues or national sponsors.So as you can see we have done our homework.

I did forget to address one of your points, and that is that say what you will, but we have the FULL support of our 1st client American Red Cross, and also all other poker people I spoke to have no trouble with a simple $20 + $5 buy-in to play for prizes.

No offense man, and I really wish you luck...but get rid of the Juno email addy... spend $10 to register a REAL URL and spend $100 for a year of hosting for that real url.You gotta be and look professional, above all. I myself wouldn't play in your tourney because on the surface it looks like a hit-and-run organization. Especailly when playing poker (questionable legal issues) for money.You also really need to get a lawyer and check the laws. I know in Indiana, you can run a poker tourney but you as an organization cannot make ANY money from it (volunteer work ONLY). In Michigan, the people running the event must be volunteers AND be members of the organization.Both states even have a limit on how much the organization can pay to rent the facilities and equipment. And it's a VERY small amount, not enough for you to make any money on it (yeah I don't care if you are "non-profit".. there are CEOs of NFP orgs that make millions... hell Goodwill here locally has $20 million in yearly sales!).Anyway, I strongly suggest you get a better image before you promote this site. I say this in hopes that you succeed, not to bash you!
Thank you all for your suggestions and concerns. I would like to address each one below:A) We are currently registering our domain name. New name up soon.B) Email address is temporary until new domain is LIVE!C) I have read the laws for my state, and have spoken to the AZ Gaming Commisson, and I am covered under AZ Gaming Statutes as a 501©3 entity.I would like to note that we are also considered an entity similar to a national company called The Poker Pub Inc., who has FREE weekly tournaments all over the country.We are promoting the site early in order to get ourselves out in the communities plus promoting our 1st event which will be posted soon.As for venues, our status as a non profit organization has not effected our chance for finding tournament venues or national sponsors.So as you can see we have done our homework.
Yet one of the first things we read on your "site" is that you lost your very first venue and are seeking a new location...since August!And fix your logo. "Poker" is not spelled "Poke"It may not appear like it, but I wish you the best, just start looking more professional, start with the simple things. Get rid of the information telling people you lost your venue and can't find another, makes you look unprofessional and unorganized. P-O-K-E-"R"...enough said.