Realistic Bb/100 8 Tabling 2/4 On Pp?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would play 6 max but the swings make me want to kill infants.
lol... agreed... I'd probably want at least 500BB to feel comfortable at 6 max. even more if I'm multi-tabling.I'm no athority on multi-tabling. But I think 2.5BB/100 over the long run might be realistic, but very, very good. 2.5BB/100 on a single table is good. You would have to expect it to go down a little when multi-tabling. If you can keep up with 4-8 tables as well as you can with one, that is very impressive, but doubtful. If you can multi-table >1BB, that is good.

single or two-tabling, i think 2.5-3 is not impossible. certainly 3 seems a bit high, but i'd bet if there are pro-types they can do it.for 8-tabling, i think even 2 is pretty high. it depends on your monitor, etc and how much timeouts and misclicks will cost you. i'd look for 1.5 as a good base, and try for 2.i was thinking about this today actually - has anyone considered TP/MMing in Absolute? Almost constant bonuses, and 32% rakeback from PSO without MGR deducted. 4-tabling, you could be looking at something like $20/hour just in rakeback and bonuses.The software sucks, its slow, and the games are bad. but purely in terms of income, it seems like a good option.oh well, i might start a thread about that later, but i'm going to Subway.

i would say your winrate would be cut to 2/3rds of what it was when only playing a couple tables. maybe even 1/2. i tried 9 tabling when the new party s/w came out. instead of trying at a low limit though to see how it would impact my play, i decided to move up to 3/6 and give it a whirl.bye bye 1/2 my br.i ran very poorly but i also played poorly at times due everything that happens in a normal poker game X 9. (bad beats...)the other thing is i play poker because its fun. my goal is to make money playing it but when you get to this level it feels like more of a job than it does a hobby.

I habitually play around 4 tables, and can tell you from experience that it will get very crazy (although these are at six-max).You only have a little bit of time to look at each hand; I make mistakes constantly because I can't stand the beeping on 3 other tables so I just hit bet or call. The overlappingness will cause problems too, but if you have a nice moniter that can become less of a problem.You also have to worry about games breaking up, and it's a complete hassle to exit out and get new tabes. PAHUD and pokertracker are probably essential if you want to maintain a high enough winrate, but honestly, I think 2.5 would be the top tier of any win rate over the long haul. I think with that many tables 1.5 BB/100 would be a good start, as someone else said.Why not just 4 table and play for twice as long? With my limited 8-tabling experience, I couldn't handle more than 2 hours. Since I have a lot of time on my hands (lazy college student) I don't have problems taking more time to get my hands in.

I only get to play about 10 hours a week so I like the idea of seeing 6 to 7k hands every 7 days. I'm gonna continue with 8 tabling .5/1 and then jump up to 2/4 in the middle of next month. I'll check back in and let you guys know what I find out.

MMmrrrmm..I don't consider myself a really strong Limit HE player but i typically cash anywhere between 5-10bbs after 1 or 2 hour sessions at PP 2/4 full rings (by themselves or with 1 NL table going too). If I could keep this up for 10 hours (your weekly time) I would be up 50-100bb's....Soo...are you just looking for action? If you're any good it may be more profitable to play fewer games and play full ring...

It honestly depends on the player and whether they can handle it. I know two players who have 2.8 - 3.3 winrates at 10-20 and above over a LONG period playing 8 tables. There is also a 2+2er that has them both beat (3.8) at 30-60 over 500,000 hands while 8 tabling. My eyes can't handle 8 games. The most I can do comfortably is 4-5. Any tips on how to improve that number? OP, you say you can do 8, is there a trick?

I dont like going past 4 tables, personally. But i can handle up to 6 without FEELING like im making errors. The problem is, if you start noticing the errors, then it's a massive leak already. It's going to be the little things you dont notice that add up. It effects everyone differently, and it depends a lot on how you are as a player and other things like whether or not your computer tends to glitch up and cause misclicks, whether or not there's overlap and other similar things.

My recommendation: Don't try this on a laptop :PI can handle 4, but there's massive overlap, and I have to try and sit in the corners of each table so I can see myself on each table. That in itself is hard enough to do without trying to find a good table.- Zach

With party, there's no more overlap problem with 4 tables. I just press the 4 corner button and it shrinks them. And because i use PAHUD (and have good eyes), the stats all fit in nicely and are clear.Thank god.I lost probably $200 in misclicks when i played on eurobet to clear the $600 bonus that were entirely attributable to the fact that my laptop was glitchy as hell running GT+, there was a ton of overlap, the wireless connection occasionally dropped and so on.

How the hell do you play more than three or four tables while writing email, making a blog post, reading about Whitney Houston's crack habit and the Blue Jays' offseason pitching acquisitions, paying the cable bill, skimming the FCP general forum, writing copy for work and giving bad advice in the LHE forum at the same time?Can you say 'ADD'?

How the hell do you play more than three or four tables while writing email, making a blog post, reading about Whitney Houston's crack habit and the Blue Jays' offseason pitching acquisitions, paying the cable bill, skimming the FCP general forum, writing copy for work and giving bad advice in the LHE forum at the same time?Can you say 'ADD'?
Sounds like me...

i actually did this during september and october last year on my laptop. i probably played about 30 hours a week 8 tabling 2/4 on party and my winrate was a little over 1bb/100. i dont really consider myself that great of a player so you might be able to expect something a little higher if you are concentrating and think you have the skills. although if you are concentrating i think you cant really keep up with this too long, because its pretty draining. personnally i found it pretty boring, because you basically have to play straight up sshe style, and not spend too much time thinking about your opponents. i really ended up feeling like i should have spent the time training a monkey to take my place. its also a really good way to stop enjoying playing poker, but if you need the money knock yourself out.

I agree with the 'hating poker' part.I tried 4-5 tabling on my laptop for a few days just putting in 6 hours. I really hated it - i'd probably prefer just working a normal job.
Trust me, working for the man blows balls.
Trust me, working for the man blows balls.
i've been thinking about TP/MT at Absolute for a few months. seems like constant bonus + 32% rakeback (not deducting MGR) could work out to a pretty good hourly rate.i'll probably start a thread soon, but if you guys have any ideas to shoot down this idea, i'd like to hear them.
i've been thinking about TP/MT at Absolute for a few months. seems like constant bonus + 32% rakeback (not deducting MGR) could work out to a pretty good hourly rate.i'll probably start a thread soon, but if you guys have any ideas to shoot down this idea, i'd like to hear them.
I've thought about starting that up, but rumor has it that everyone there is just bonus whoring so the tables are horribly tight. Though I have heard that the shorthanded tables aren't terribly tough.

The rakeback seems to add up to roughly .5BB/100 at 3/6. The bonus clears at $5/hour/table, which when playing 75 hands an hour at full ring, is roughly 1BB/100 at 3/6.That's nearly $7.50/hour/table at 3/6 for bonus+rakeback. I cant imagine their games being THAT much tougher than party. Does anyone have any large hand samples at absolute to compare to large samples at party? I'd be interested to see how much one's winrate drops off.I have a question though: where do you get 32% rakeback? All the ones' ive seen are 28% tops.

The rakeback seems to add up to roughly .5BB/100 at 3/6. The bonus clears at $5/hour/table, which when playing 75 hands an hour at full ring, is roughly 1BB/100 at 3/6.That's nearly $7.50/hour/table at 3/6 for bonus+rakeback. I cant imagine their games being THAT much tougher than party. Does anyone have any large hand samples at absolute to compare to large samples at party? I'd be interested to see how much one's winrate drops off.I have a question though: where do you get 32% rakeback? All the ones' ive seen are 28% tops.
it seems like it is quite a bit tighter than party. maybe not that much tougher, but very tight play which means low winrates for multi-tablers. i've been looking at 2/4, but the bonus+rakeback totals are not much different. even winning only 1bb/100, we're getting conservatively:0.4bb/100 RB, 1bb/100 bonus, 1bb/100 winning, and around 75 hands/hour. i don't remember if you can only play 3 tables max, but lets pretend its 4. even if not, you might be able to get the max number raised, or just play bonuses at another site to make it close.so we're getting effectively 7.2bb/hour 4-tabling. dunno about you guys, but i ain't making $30/hour anytime soon.also, since so much of the profit is bonus and rakeback, variance is far lower than it would otherwise be, even at our low winrate.i think i saw 32% rakeback offered at PSO.http://www.pokersourceonline.com/rakeback/same with ultimate, titan and aztec. it only pays monthly, but i don't think deducts MGR.

Actually, it's 6 tables max at absolute.And because the tables are 9 handed, you probably see slightly more than 75/hour. But we'll just assume it's 75 for simplicity, since 4 tabling works out to a clean 300 hands an hour.And i think that your estimates are overly conservative. Bonuswhores estimates that bonus clears at roughly 5.50/hour per table at 2/4. Assuming they overestimate it by a bit, we'll peg it in at $20/hour (which isnt unreasonable because the games are 9 handed and the players tighter than usual).RB is .4BB/100 (by my figures, slightly higher - but possibly because ive been running well and rake is a function of hands won). $5/hour. And then 1BB/100 is $12/hour at 2/4 with 300 hands an hour. That adds up to $37/hour at 2/4 with a measly winrate of 1BB/100. A winrate of 2BB/100 is roughly $50 an hour! At 2/4!!

lso, since so much of the profit is bonus and rakeback, variance is far lower than it would otherwise be, even at our low winrate.
Yes. And if you play it like you would a job for 6 even as little as 30 hours a week, you're getting in roughly 10k hands. After 2 weeks, you would have to be running worse than -1.4BB/100 over 20k hands to be down money.I dont care how aggressive the games are, no amount of variance should be responsible for that at low stakes full ring.