Pray For Obama: Psalm 109:8.

Anyone see these bumper stickers?PSALM 109:8: "Let his days be few; and let another take his office." Here's the rest.PSALM 109:9-12: "Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labor. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who didn't know the bible contains such things, Psalm 109 is an example of an "imprecatory prayer," a petition to God to curse and destroy one's enemies and mostly found in Psalms. Alot of them have been edited out over the years though. Even Christians found them pretty far out there.http://www.religionnews.com/index.php?/rns...o_someone_ill1/Does God answer prayers to do someone ill? By Tiffany Stanley (UNDATED) Ever since Pastor Wiley Drake declared not once, but three times, on national radio that he was praying for the death of President Obama, he has been trying to clarify. Yes, he really does want God to smite Obama. No, it’s not a partisan prayer. Yes, it’s in the Bible, he says, and no, he wasn’t kidding. He’s deadly serious. The former second vice president of the Southern Baptist Convention said he’s merely practicing the age-old art of “imprecatory prayer”—a theological term for praying that bad things happen to bad people. Imprecatory prayer can turn a verse into curse through reciting Scripture aimed at one’s foes. Rather than asking for, say, healing or a win in the big game, these prayers request that God smite one’s enemies with—among other things—plagues, death and eternal damnation. continued at link above.

That's mighty Christian of them.
Psalms is in the Old Testament, so they were almost certainly Jews.

You do realize that most christians don't just completely throws out the entire first half of the bible, as you do? (even among those who believe Jesus changed the law) Isn't it worth noting that among Christians, you're the one with the fringe view?

Psalms is in the Old Testament, so they were almost certainly Jews.
Right, because Christians don't quote from the Old Testament. I'm sure later while you're playing racket ball with Mel Gibson, he'll let you know what a good post you made here.
I'm sure later while you're playing racket ball with Mel Gibson, he'll let you know what a good post you made here.
huh?ps. I was joking?
huh?ps. I was joking?
Oh, I know that. It's obviously a callback to this knee-slapper.
Also, I know why you perpetuate the lie (well, I do, but whatever), but the OT still applies to Jews. Christians obviously have to listen to Jesus Christ, who said that He was the fulfillment of the rules in the OT. If we wanted to follow the OT then we would be Jewish, not Christians. It's not really hard to understand, but I guess maybe it is.
no you weren't. and saying you were after it's clear your point is without logic doesn't fool anyone.
You're pretty retarded.
Oh, I know that. It's obviously a callback to this knee-slapper.
Actually, you're correct. It's what we call, bringing attention to a fact in an obviously sarcastic manner. Are you and Retard really trying to make a case that I would think that some random car was "almost certainly" Jews. Really? I mean, I guess I expect more from you BJ.
Actually, you're correct. It's what we call, bringing attention to a fact in an obviously sarcastic manner. Are you and Retard really trying to make a case that I would think that some random car was "almost certainly" Jews. Really? I mean, I guess I expect more from you BJ.
OK, it's a joke. Some of the things you're serious about seem pretty silly to me, so it's not as immediately apparent as you might think.
OK, it's a joke.
Ok, good.
Some of the things you're serious about seem pretty silly to me, so it's not as immediately apparent as you might think.
Fair enough, I'll work on it.
You're pretty retarded.Actually, you're correct. It's what we call, bringing attention to a fact in an obviously sarcastic manner. Are you and Retard really trying to make a case that I would think that some random car was "almost certainly" Jews. Really? I mean, I guess I expect more from you BJ.
Ya hits em with a left, then ya hits em with a right. Then ya hits em with the condescension
I thought it was obviously a joke and pretty funny.
Even the old bastard got it...
I thought it was obviously a joke and pretty funny.
could you explain it to me? becuase i honestly don't see how it's a joke. taking the available information in re: brvhrt, i'm forced to the conclusion that he has no discernable sense of humour. therefore, any humour emminating from said post is wholly the result of accident and without merit.
could you explain it to me?
... we have now exited the realm of possibility.
... we have now exited the realm of possibility.
i know. it's just so damn hard for me to follow the thinking of a man who bases his entire life on the stories in an old book. but only the second half though am i right?
i know. it's just so damn hard for me to follow the thinking of a man who bases his entire life on the stories in an old book. but only the second half though am i right?
Jeez, SA, when are you going to get this down. He agrees with everything in the first half of the book that is contradicted by modern science, but disagrees with everything in the first half of the book that is contradicted by the second half of the book.
Actually no, you're not correct, but we already knew that.
so is that the joke? that becuase only the second half applies to today's christian, that the teachings and sayings of hte first half apply to the jews who still follow that half becuase they never accept the teaching of jesus? so when you said they were all jews, you were pointing this fact out in what you considered a humourous way? is that what happened here? becuase honestly my head hurts trying to understand this. maybe it's the lack of the lord in my life. is he giving me a headache here as some sort of sign? does he want me to take this pain and see it as a sign that my life is meaningless without him? beucase i'll do it. i really hate headaches, if this is what it takes i'll do it.
Jeez, SA, when are you going to get this down. He agrees with everything in the first half of the book that is contradicted by modern science, but disagrees with everything in the first half of the book that is contradicted by the second half of the book.
BOOM! Wait, what?