Donkey Hits His 2nd Queen On Turn, But I've Got A Good Draw

Villian is just a bad player. My thought process with this hand is that if i hit my 4th club i know i can stack him if he has Kc, or trips, plus I have money to splash around with so i'm ignoring the odds for a sec. Hero has been LAG.Hero has AcAdStacks: Villian$250 Hero $400+Preflop: Hero raises to $15 after a couple of limps, Villian in BB calls, limpers fold.flop: 4c, 10c, QcVillian checks, Hero bets $35, Villan calls.Turn: QhVillian bets $40. (So, obviously he has three queens here, but should i be calling for Implied odds? What should i do?)

this is one of those times where you are going to win a little bit if you are right but lose a lot when you are wrong. Also he could be slowplaying the flush in which case you are down to 2 outs.I would fold and move on.

this is one of those times where you are going to win a little bit if you are right but lose a lot when you are wrong. Also he could be slowplaying the flush in which case you are down to 2 outs.I would fold and move on.
You mean 11 outs?

this may be a leak but all i was thinking about at the time he bet was his stack and that 4th club. I'm very confident at this point that he has QJ, KQ, so i dont think i'm too far behind here. I'm getting only about 3 to 1 odds on my call though, so it might not be good enough as the first response indicated.

The turn bet is pretty weird. I wouldn't really know how to interpret that bet size against an unknown villain.I call, I guess, given your deduction that this is trip queens.

this may be a leak but all i was thinking about at the time he bet was his stack and that 4th club. I'm very confident at this point that he has QJ, KQ, so i dont think i'm too far behind here. I'm getting only about 3 to 1 odds on my call though, so it might not be good enough as the first response indicated.
It's not very often we get immediate pot odds in no-limit. We're probably not getting paid on the river unless he happens to have a big club in his hand. But 11 outs is 3.3 : 1 or so. If we get paid once in a blue moon, we're still making money. There's clearly some reverse implied odds lurking here, on the other hand. I don't want to see the J :club: , for instance.

Bet 2$ or move in on him.Seriously though, there is like no way you can bet there, even against a donk...If I were playing against a known opponent w/ history on them and feel I could get value out of the my hand, it is still a risky bet. Considering you are against what still is an unknown, this is insta-check.

You mean 9 outs?
durrrr...I meant ELEVEN outs.Welcome to out-counting 101. I'm Professor Henderson.If he has the flush, there are 7 unseen flush cards, plus 2 aces, plus 2 queens that win for us.The only time we have 2 outs is when villain has a full house already, if it includes the Q.If he has an under set which is now a boat, we still have 4 outs.If he has Qx (not a boat), we have 10 outs (8 clubs that don't make him a boat, or 8 clubs if he holds one, and 2 aces).That will be all for today.Quiz on Friday.

Mmmm, i think this is an ok call against a bad player because you're more likely to get paid of if he has the Kc or just the 3 queens which a better player would fold to a club.

durrrr...I meant ELEVEN outs.Welcome to out-counting 101. I'm Professor Henderson.If he has the flush, there are 7 unseen flush cards, plus 2 aces, plus 2 queens that win for us.The only time we have 2 outs is when villain has a full house already, if it includes the Q.If he has an under set which is now a boat, we still have 4 outs.If he has Qx (not a boat), we have 10 outs (8 clubs that don't make him a boat, or 8 clubs if he holds one, and 2 aces).That will be all for today.Quiz on Friday.
He was obviously assuming the flush he was holding was Jc-9c :)9 outs.
lolyou would think the 4 semesters of calculus woulda helped, well it didn't
lolyou would think the 4 semesters of calculus woulda helped, well it didn't
Calculus is poison for your mind. Proof is trying to do three simple questions in your head:1) What's the derrivative of 2x3 + 5x 2 + x2) What's 57 * 49?3) Which of the last two answers did you get faster?
Calculus is poison for your mind. Proof is trying to do three simple questions in your head:1) What's the derrivative of 2x3 + 5x 2 + x2) What's 57 * 49?3) Which of the last two answers did you get faster?
If calculus were as easy as question 1, I would've been a much happier camper back when I was taking those classes.
If calculus were as easy as question 1, I would've been a much happier camper back when I was taking those classes.
I'm aware heh. It's a simple example of how low level calc is easier than low level arithmetic. Obviously when you start doing problems that don't have numbers in them brains begin to melt...But calc 1-4 is still easy :club: It's stat calc that's mind numbingly difficult.
I'm aware heh. It's a simple example of how low level calc is easier than low level arithmetic. Obviously when you start doing problems that don't have numbers in them brains begin to melt...But calc 1-4 is still easy :club: It's stat calc that's mind numbingly difficult.
i got the first one fast but the second one didn't take long. and calc 4 sucked it was all imaginary numbers i this and i that and differential equations.
Stacks: Villian$250 Hero $400+[/b]Villian bets $40. (So, obviously he has three queens here, but should i be calling for Implied odds? What should i do?)
So we're going to play hard on a 21% draw to a flush on a paired board and slow pressure from a donkey? Meh. I hope you don't shove your flush.