Jacks On A Q High Board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($3.95)UTG ($5.27)MP ($14.07)Button ($16.10)Hero ($4.88)Preflop: Hero is SB with Jspade.gif, Jdiamond.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10.Flop: ($0.30) 4club.gif, 6heart.gif, Qspade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15.Turn: ($0.60) 2club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $0.15, Hero?Final Pot: $0.60What's my best line here? As always at these levels no reads.

Probably a call on the turn and check call the river if it's not another overcard. It looks like a blocking bet. Perhaps he picked up a club draw or gutshot and is trying to get there cheaply. Normally I would raise, but since there is an overcard on the board I probably wouldn't.

Erm, I thought too much about what to do and ended up thinking checking was the right play.A lot of the time i'm just on auto-pilot and bet automaticaly but today i was only playing two tables in an attempt to think more about decisions.Added to the fact i'm weak tight.

You're gonna keep running into problems if you keep betting 1/2 the pot becuase villains perceive it as weak most of the time.
QFT. Make your bet bigger. You will get floats on the flop or middle pairs and bottom pairs calling because they think they might be good and want to see a check on the turn. Check/folding turn is super weak and a leak.I would go ahead and pot the flop the pot is small and it's blind v blind, we have a pretty strong holding and don't mind a call. If he called my pot bet flop, I'd probably lead turn with a strong bet again 2/3-pot and then river I'd check hoping to get to a showdown, possibly check/call.
QFT. Make your bet bigger. You will get floats on the flop or middle pairs and bottom pairs calling because they think they might be good and want to see a check on the turn. Check/folding turn is super weak and a leak.I would go ahead and pot the flop the pot is small and it's blind v blind, we have a pretty strong holding and don't mind a call. If he called my pot bet flop, I'd probably lead turn with a strong bet again 2/3-pot and then river I'd check hoping to get to a showdown, possibly check/call.
:club:
:club:
It's no big deal, it's why you should be posting in the strat forums. When it folds to you in the SB and you have JJ your are happy to get called once you raise. You need to see a super obvious board or super obvious betting to fold, one overcard and a flop call of 1/2pot bet followed up by a turn bet of 1/4 pot isn't obvious. You might be behind, but in wayyyyyyy more cases you are folding JJ to not enough resistance.The play might be bad enough down there to wait, hit set, and stack someone; but as you move up you will have to become comfortable with your strong holdings and putting the pressure on them. Even on boards that aren't super nice. (This particular board isn't even bad for JJ)You should focus on betting bigger, you will get to the turn less often because people will not be calling you as weakly. If you pot bet the flop every time you raised PF in the low limits, I don't think you'll be giving up anything.

I don't think a continuation bet on this sort of flop is mandatory. What are we hoping to achieve? We're probably betting 75% of the flops so any queen would look us up. We're knocking out hands that have 5 or 6 outs, which is worth something, but the villain is very likely to make the correct decision on this flop. I think we shouldn't bet this flop unless we're willing to fire a second barrel.

I don't think a continuation bet on this sort of flop is mandatory. What are we hoping to achieve? We're probably betting 75% of the flops so any queen would look us up. We're knocking out hands that have 5 or 6 outs, which is worth something, but the villain is very likely to make the correct decision on this flop. I think we shouldn't bet this flop unless we're willing to fire a second barrel.
I'm not sure about either end of the spectrum here, though I lean more towards David. He should definitely be betting this turn.I don't mind the half-pot bet. We are keeping around a ton of weaker hands, especially since this is BVB. I think we need to lead the turn again for half the pot. Since you checked, just give him control for the rest of the hand and c-c unless he does something totally whacko... or if you accidentally hit a set on the river check-raise.If you're making smaller bets opponents are going to get stickier... this isn't a bad thing if you learn to control pots and make tough decisions... but you will be making a lot of border decisions... very much profit in it, but hand aren't exactly going to play themselves.
This isn't standard? That's how I would play it as standard, maybe I'm way off.
Assuming we c-bet a lot, nothing that beats us folds. If he has a draw, he should call and steal on the turn if we check there. I can't see a villain's hand that bet/fold is a good line.Corrected backward sentence.
Assuming we c-bet a lot, nothing that beats us folds. If he has a draw, he should call and steal on the turn if we check there. I can't see a villain's hand that bet/fold is a good line.Corrected backward sentence.
Hmm... Maybe I wasn't phrasing what I was trying to say well. I meant, if we C-bet this flop, it's standard to keep the pressure on on the turn, I don't think you are arguing against that, but I might be wrong.
Hmm... Maybe I wasn't phrasing what I was trying to say well. I meant, if we C-bet this flop, it's standard to keep the pressure on on the turn, I don't think you are arguing against that, but I might be wrong.
I was lost. Carry on.