ok, so my question is could i have gotten away from this or played it differently?the CO is a donkey running at 32/22/2 after only 90 hands. His stats are pretty LAG and I wasn't really worried about him. The button i'm not worried about. He's 25/21/3 and he called the CO raise pretty quickly and so I didn't put him on a good hand. We've been tangling a little and so I thought that he thought that i was squeezing him. That's when I decided to push and hopefully fold out JJ> in the donkey's range. The button wasn't commited to call and I really felt he was stealing. (he insta folded after the action got to him in the end...which makes me confident that I hade the right read on him. If he had QQ, he wouldn't insta fold. KK I don't think he lays down, and AK he probably folds.thoughts on this hand? Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP ($443.80)CO ($480.50)Button ($523.10)Hero ($651)BB ($144)UTG ($1232.70)Preflop: Hero is SB with kc.gif, ad.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $14, Button calls $14, Hero raises to $68, 1 fold, CO calls $52, Button raises to $186, Hero raises to $719 (All-In), CO calls $414.50 (All-In), Button folds.

well you put over 3/4 of your stack in with ace high, so yes you could have gotten away from it
that's such a thoughtless comment.care to elaborate?

After CO calls a reraise and Button reraises after calling a raise originally I don't think I'd be game for shoving in the rest. You have 0 fold equity most of the time and are usually racing at best.Blah, I think it's a super spew.Don't post results.

HU I am ok with this, but with 3 way action and both players looking like they aren't going anywhere, I think you just need to get away from it. This is a move I have bad myself and I always seem to run into AA.

In that hand, Ferguson has only 40bb. The hero has 150bb.
The button i'm not worried about. He's 25/21/3 and he called the CO raise pretty quickly and so I didn't put him on a good hand.
I think it's a mistake to mix it up with all these raises with AK and not just getting to a flop instead. There are monsters in the closet here.

Gabe,You provide really solid reads in the OP that people seem to be ignoring. Based on those reads and the fact that you think the button is capable of restealing, I like this play here. The CO plays the hand horribly (with whatever he has) which backs up your reads. I mean, he open raises. He gets called by the button and you reraise. He calls the reraise and then the button 4 bets and you 5-bet shove and he calls all of that too? Just given that he flatted your reraise leads me to believe that he's never got better than a biggish middle pair like TT or AQ here so you're usually flipping with him and sometimes dominating.If I were the button, I'd have to strongly consider folding KK here and I'm definitely dumping QQ and AK, so I really like the play actually.It's about reads, which you provided in the OP but that other people aren't giving enough credit to IMO.Oh, and I think that shoving>>>>calling preflop here.

Gabe,You provide really solid reads in the OP that people seem to be ignoring. Based on those reads and the fact that you think the button is capable of restealing, I like this play here. The CO plays the hand horribly (with whatever he has) which backs up your reads. I mean, he open raises. He gets called by the button and you reraise. He calls the reraise and then the button 4 bets and you 5-bet shove and he calls all of that too? Just given that he flatted your reraise leads me to believe that he's never got better than a biggish middle pair like TT or AQ here so you're usually flipping with him and sometimes dominating.If I were the button, I'd have to strongly consider folding KK here and I'm definitely dumping QQ and AK, so I really like the play actually.It's about reads, which you provided in the OP but that other people aren't giving enough credit to IMO.Oh, and I think that shoving>>>>calling preflop here.
good to see a poster i respect here agree with me. The more I look at this hand the more I see it as a cooler. At the cardrunners forums, they also said that they would of played it the same with the given reads. The CO was CC a lot of big raises lightly (with Ac7c) and didn't like to fold. He ended up having AA here and he won the pot.oh well
good to see a poster i respect here agree with me. The more I look at this hand the more I see it as a cooler. At the cardrunners forums, they also said that they would of played it the same with the given reads. The CO was CC a lot of big raises lightly (with Ac7c) and didn't like to fold. He ended up having AA here and he won the pot.oh well
Honestly, if this plays out where the CO repops it after you reraised it initially, I would've dumped the hand when it got back to me. Since he flat called and the button squeezed, I think your play is best.The CO (I should've added the caviat that if he had AA/KK that he played it well in my first post) also happened to play this hand really well and got lucky that the button made this play, which essentially trapped you.

Even with the reads, I don't really look into shoving with AK and making everyones action really easy when they have Aces or Kings, and really easy when they don't.

Even with the reads, I don't really look into shoving with AK and making everyones action really easy when they have Aces or Kings, and really easy when they don't.
It's shove or fold, the 3bet is almost $200. I think Gabe played this the only way he could and CO played it well/tricky and was in a great spot. Situational cooler in my book.
It's shove or fold, the 3bet is almost $200. I think Gabe played this the only way he could and CO played it well/tricky and was in a great spot. Situational cooler in my book.
I know, I'm not advocating anything else, I'm advocating a fold.
I know, I'm not advocating anything else, I'm advocating a fold.
Hm, I guess I don't understand why then. This is perfect squeeze-ville given the history that Gabe provided and his stats. I think we're giving up WAY too much by letting go of AK here.I assume Villain does not make this play if he knows we hold AK.