Flop The Second Stones Oop

$1/$2 at Flamingo.I am in the SB with 77. Three MP callers, I flat, BB checks (5 handed).Flop: AA7. I check in first position, it checks around... Ugh...Turn: 6. No flush, no nada. I bet out pot ($10) to look like an overbet/steal. MP flats. Two handed now.River: 5. Board read AA765 rainbow. I overbet $35, a little more than pot to look like a steal. MP postures, shuffles some chips around, and obv min raises to $70. I tank, and flat.Thoughts: Raise pre? Do I bet out the flop for value hoping that someone limped with a weak A? Was my river bet a good overbet, or did I just set myself up for failure?MP tables A5, for the bigger boat.Give it to me straight. Lol.

you should be raising SB bc you are going to get called by loads of weak hands and you wanna build a pot. I mean you have to play this OOP postflop so i kinda prefer the preflop squeeze and i would make it pretty big. I mean if you are limping you are def needing to lead this flop bc any A will stack off to you so dont get too fancy. And as played bet bigger on the turn. and the river is fine. but if you managed pot better you easily could get stacks in on the turn a ton!

you should be squeezing SB bc you are going to get called by loads of weak hands and you wanna build a pot.
There was no preflop raise, so a raise from the small blind wouldn't be a squeeze. Also, calling from the small blind with a mid pocket pair and 3 limpers is totally fine.
There was no preflop raise, so a raise from the small blind wouldn't be a squeeze. Also, calling from the small blind with a mid pocket pair and 3 limpers is totally fine.
thanks fixed. i dont mind limping but it makes it harder to get stacks when we do it. plus there is plenty of dead money to try and take down pre.

With 77 pre in SB/BB with 3 limpers, would you almost have to put in a raise here? I mean, you are just set mining the hand anyway, and depending on the stack sizes, player reads, etc. you could eliminate a few limpers, and if the flop doesn't hit you, make 1 stab OOP then fold? As far as this flop, I don't see how you can get away from it even if you put villain on an A. You are just flipping and hoping he does not catch his "x" card. Correct thought process??

pre- I don't have any problem with. flop- I'm definitely betting this. With so many limpers there is a pretty good chance that someone has an ace and will be paying you off. This also builds the pot for a turn bet/raise/shove. river is fine considering how the rest of the hand was played out. You could have lost more. Keep in mind when posting to add stack sizes at beginning of the hand and don't post results so we can give you fair advice that isn't bias based off of what everyone had in the hand...welcome to the forum.

you should be raising SB bc you are going to get called by loads of weak hands and you wanna build a pot. ...And as played bet bigger on the turn.
Do I want to build oop with a mid pair? The 'weak' hands that call me all are basically a coin flip against my hand, are they not?Bigger on turn? Why more than the pot?I feel the largest mistake here was not betting out at the flop. By doing that, I could have prob gotten the majority of my money in good... instead of dead like I did as played.
  • 2 weeks later...