This happened in a home game tourney I was just in.I was 2nd in chips. 3 people remaining.We all go all in, I went all in with QQ, chip leader calls with KQ, and low stack calls with KJ. The King hits and the chip leader wins with K and his higher kicker, who gets 2nd place in this tourney? I thought it was me because I had more chips than the low chip stack, he said he gets 2nd because his hand was better than mine.Who's right and where can I find this info at?ThanxI posted this in the the tournament section and I know that the person with the larger chip stack should win, but where can I find official rules on this? I tried looking on the web, but couldn't really find something official or even un-official.[/b]

Strangely enough, although I have seen this ruling time and time again (most chips gets second place), I can't find it anywhere on the WPT site, WSOP site, or in the TDA rules.  Weird.Ray
Yeah, I looked there also and couldn't find it.
Strangely enough, although I have seen this ruling time and time again (most chips gets second place), I can't find it anywhere on the WPT site, WSOP site, or in the TDA rules.  Weird.Ray
It did however occur during a WPT event. The Bay 101 that Phil Gordon won ended in a 3 way all in. Chris " I'm the WSOP Champ but don't know the rules" Moneymaker had to ask who would get second place before he called with pocket jacks. :wink:
I want to play in this game. Where and when is it?
He's my donk and you guys can't have no part of him.Yeah, I thought that was like the dumbest move ever. He actually raised it first, I then went all in with my QQ feeling I was pretty much ahead, I wanted to take him out actually and was surprised when the big chip stack called and I was even more surprised when the low chip stack called in this situation (he was low chip stack, but not by much). Low chip stack could've just folded there and let it be heads up. When both guys called I was thinking, "Am I really this far behind? What the heck are they calling with?As for the donk, he thinks he's good and knows how to play. He's won a few tournaments, mainly because he'll win one big pot and then sit on his chips the rest of the way. But he gets frustrated when we play cash games and he usually comes out on the losing end. But he's made stupid plays like this before. And like I said, he's my donk.
Rule # 29 folks. :wink:  http://www.cardplayer.com/rules-of-poker/t.../tournament.php29. If two (or more) players go broke during the same hand, the player starting the hand with the larger amount of money finishes in the higher tournament place for point and cash awards
Thank you very much. Didn't even think about going there. Now time to go get what's rightfully mine.
you get second b/c you had more chips. btw, what kind of donk is your friend to call two all-ins with KJ?
ya gotts love that word "donk" this guy might be a fucking donk though..deal me next tourney though...
you get second b/c you had more chips. btw, what kind of donk is your friend to call two all-ins with KJ?
that was me. lay off jerk. i thought it was a good play. POT ODDS!!! need i say more?
ya kinda odd that you would call that...