Not to inflate Smash's ego too much, but his NL strategy is brilliant... at least it was tonight.Or it could be that 1/2 NL is the loosest game ever with the worst players.I've been playing 10/20 limit for about a year, and I do pretty well, so I decided to take 200 to the 1/2 NL tables online tonight... and turned it into 800 in about two hours using his method. Anyway, it works, for what it's worth.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a genius, but not for thinking of this.People are just so stunningly horrible at NL that this will beat most low limit NL games because nearly anything will.This is why most NL players suck so much, but think they're pros in the making because they can beat games (for a lower win rate than my mechanical strat 99/100 times) that a retarded chimp hurling feces at a mouse could beat.It's also why they often get crushed trying to switch to limit because it requires so much more skill to play effectively even at lower limits./shrug. Glad it worked out for you.

This is why most NL players suck so much, but think they're pros in the making because they can beat games (for a lower win rate than my mechanical strat 99/100 times) that a retarded chimp hurling feces at a mouse could beat.
:club::D:D hahahahahahaha I love that line Smash

Well, I play NL in tourneys, but after watching these people play at a ring game it's completely different. People will call preflop raises with anything and then say later "I knew you had AA, but I just had to go for it with my 85o"It's almost funny.

The strategy also works well for tournies and SnGs by the very relation of the three types of games.I think the only addition I add to my tournament game is to press hard with AK pre-flop. You can tell when someone has lesser A-x (10, J,Q) or low pp pre-flop when you re-raise their raise and they simply call. If they go all in, well, it's up to you, your position in the chip stack and your observations about the player at the table. Point being, alot of people find that A10, AJ and AQ are all great hands to go all in with, when they are actually 3 to 1 dogs.

So all in Pre flop AA KK AKsLimp with pairs and suited aces.All in on the flop with nut flush and set.Is this it??NO drawing for flush at any price?Thanks in advance.

All in preflop with AKs? I dunno about that.I 2nd Smash's comment about most NL players even though I am one myself. I actually noticed people get looser as you move up to 25/50/100 NL. I couldn't believe how many people will just flat out refuse to fold top pair or even 2nd pair.

So all in Pre flop AA KK AKsLimp with pairs and suited aces.All in on the flop with nut flush and set.Is this it??NO drawing for flush at any price?Thanks in advance.
Smash's method for cash games is to just play pp, see the flop, no set no bet, get a set, all in.I'm sure smash would probably agree that all in pre flop with AA is fine.AKs is definitely not something you want to be all in with pre flop imo in a cash game. I just extended my advice on tournaments to include AK because alot of players have no problem going all in with AQ, AJ etc. If you are in a position to do so, push them hard pre flop (i.e. you have a much larger chip stack). Chances are you are at least45% to win, and if it's a raise from the earlies, you re-raise, they call, you are 75% to win. If I have my opponent significantly out-chipped, I'm going to push them all in with AK in a tourny most of the time.

This is a variation on Sklansky's system, yes? Not really. His goal is to mitigate post flop skill by moving in preflop with a wider range of hands, preferably attacking raises from agressive players. He's alsot talking about tournaments.My goal is just to collect money from morons who will call all in drawing litterally dead. Why bother trying to get them to call 70/30 when you can get them to call 100/0.Moving in preflop with AA and KK you have a slightly smaller edge, but still ussually 70/30ish. Which isn't bad for an even money prop.

It really depends what you value more from poker, money or playing/skill.The skill is making the most money. If you don't see that, you need a new hobby. I hear making ships in a bottle takes a lot of skill...

I have been trying it for about an hour and it is amazing what you can get called with. However It does take a huge amount of discipline and patience. I think I will be an interesting experiment and if nothing else it should instill some more discipline into my game.

wouldn't it be more profitable to do this short stacked, so in case you do get outdrawn, you don't lost as much?No, the opposite.You should buy in for the max, because, again, you're often getting calls when people are drawing completely dead against you.The bigger your stack, the better it works.In fact, it works pretty well against the short stack theory players as well, because they're wiling to call with more marginal hands against a push with AA or KK, and when you flop a set they're calling or moving in with TP because they're striving to avoid post flop play.