canucks re-sign naslund (sportstalk)

The fact that he signed for so much kinda lets the wind out of the sails on the Forsberg rumor. Forsberg wants the league max (20 percent of the team's salary cap = 7.8 million) and the Canucks would have to spend 50 percent of their cap on 3 players (including Cloutier).

All I can say is..... YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.And Forsberg would be nice, but we can live without him. Add Neidemeyer and/or a lower level free agent and we are set. Oh, and re-sign Brad May!

All I can say is..... YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.And Forsberg would be nice, but we can live without him. Add Neidemeyer and/or a lower level free agent and we are set. Oh, and re-sign Brad May!
Oh, how I hate Brad May. Isn't he the guy that took a stick to Matt Johnson's calf and then RAN AWAY?I thought Forsberg gave pretty much every indication that he was going to play for his dad in Sweden. I remember that was the prevailing rumor last year.

The recent word is that he's interested in coming back to the NHL, but he wants the biggest paycheck he can get. I remember hearing that the last NHL season would be his last, but he seems to have retreated from that lately.

Oh, how I hate Brad May. Isn't he the guy that took a stick to Matt Johnson's calf and then RAN AWAY?
I don't remember that, but I can't in a million years imagine May running away from someone. I know Cooke and Johnson got into it last season, and as much as I love Cooke, he would be more prone to doing something like that. May took on Worrell twice in the same game last year. Unfortunately, this was during the Bertuzzi game so (like Linden's team record breaking assist) no one wants to talk about it.
So, how many Greater Vancouverites are among us, and who plays at River Rock?
I play at the Rock, although the last few times I went I've played like a donkey. I have to learn I can't handle 10hr sessions that go until 5am.Also, get of the Cloutier hate wagon. Yes he had two bad series (against Detroit and Minnesota), but he had a good series against the Blues and was fine against the Flames until he got injured. His main problem is injuries, but Auld is on the way up anyways. He is the future.
Oh, how I hate Brad May. Isn't he the guy that took a stick to Matt Johnson's calf and then RAN AWAY?
I don't remember that, but I can't in a million years imagine May running away from someone. I know Cooke and Johnson got into it last season, and as much as I love Cooke, he would be more prone to doing something like that. May took on Worrell twice in the same game last year. Unfortunately, this was during the Bertuzzi game so (like Linden's team record breaking assist) no one wants to talk about it.
Interesting, now Brad May and Peter Worrell will be on the same team (assuming Worrell stays...)Brad May signed a 2-year deal with the Avalanche boys and girls...
Interesting, now Brad May and Peter Worrell will be on the same team (assuming Worrell stays...)Brad May signed a 2-year deal with the Avalanche boys and girls...
NOOO! Apperently the Canucks didn't even offer him a contract. They are the last team I wanted him to go to, I can't cheer against May. It is going to be as hard as cheering against Sakic.