partypoker $750k official thread

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost a couple of tough pots early, then doubled to around 2200 with AJ on a J high flop vs. a flush draw.Since then I've played a couple of hands where I've had to put in a fairly large number of chips pre-flop as a result of strange raising sequences that left me with implied odds to try and hit a set. No sets though :-) At 1860.

Won a pretty big one with 77, board was 663, he folded and claimed to have 77.Just won another pot, limped with 33, SB raised to 125, I called. Flop T87, check, check. Turn 2, he bets 250, I push for his 1200 total and he folds. Up to 2250.

would've been in this but had some bad beats heads up in the qualifier and went from an 8k-2k lead to 2nd, so I didn't enter. Good luck tho, because instead I played a $100 sng after that and won it, so I guess the poker gods were looking out for my best interests. People who haven't cashed in awhile, itll just be that much better when you finish in the top 20 of one of these tournaments. The poker gods always have your best interests in the longterm, trust me. Good luck to everyone here in the tournament and lets see some cashes! I'm rooting for you Zim, but no time to rail, sorry.

Just lost a big one. I raised it up from MP to 90 with J9s, sb calls. Flop QJ9 rainbow, he minbets 30, I raise to 200, he calls. Turn is a disaster, another Q. He minbets 30, I call. River is a 2, he leads out for 600, my instincts were telling me he had a 10 that didn't hit, I went with my read and called and he had KQ.Down to 1380.Edit: I just semi-tilted away the rest of my stack, at 84 chips lol.

Well, yet again I make a great call and get fucked.I raise to 90 from MP with A9o, MP calls, all fold. Flop Q98 with 2 hearts, I bet 150 and he pushes for 750. I think he's getting overaggressive with a draw and call. He has KhJc. Turn Ah, River 2h, down to 1130

1715 at the break, average is just under 2000the first tournament i have ever played, where no one at my table has busted before the first break. kinda tough chip gathering, had it up to 2200 at this rock garden, but lost two pots in a row to slip backgl all

Flopped a set of 5s, but 3 flush board so I had to push. He folded, up to 2400.EDIT: Just tried to steal with J5, guy pushed for 530 total from BB, had to call. He had K10. Flopped OESD, turned J, rivered 5. Up to 3k.

Flopped a set of 5s, but 3 flush board so I had to push.  He folded, up to 2400.
in these situations in tourneys, is it generally best to just push, and say "unlucky" if someone flopped the flush? you can still fill up, but flopping sets w/3 flushes seem to cost me a ton of money.and how do you play the same situation in a ring game?
Flopped a set of 5s, but 3 flush board so I had to push.  He folded, up to 2400.
in these situations in tourneys, is it generally best to just push, and say "unlucky" if someone flopped the flush? you can still fill up, but flopping sets w/3 flushes seem to cost me a ton of money.and how do you play the same situation in a ring game?
I don't play NL cash games, so you'll have to ask someone else on that one. But I would rather get it in because the chance of him flopping the flush is quite small. However, I would like to make him pay if he has a flush draw.

in a tourney like this you just say unlucky.2700 deep and you're a below average stack, you have to risk it, or someone else hitting an over set.cash games it depends completely on the context.

Huge hand again. I had been just beating up on the guy to my left, got him tilting. I limp with 78h, he raises to 400, I call. Flop T98 rainbow, I check, he bets 500, I push for his 2k, he calls with AK. No help, and I have 7k now.