...daniels lost his touch!and drawing dead is dumb!

Now before you all come at me with your lame cuts hear me out as I have been watching Daniel for the last two years. Yes he is a very Buzy guy but isn't it him that preaches to keep the Game authentic and genuine. He has been doing all this promo stuff which is great if you are in it for the dough, that his game has become so weak that a no name in Australia isn't even affraid to sit on the same table. He had an awesome year in 04 but howe long can you ride that? He needs to forget about all this PR BS and get back to winning some Poker Tourneys. HAs he won anything besides a home game in over a Year. Watched him on No limit High Stakes last night and he looked weaker then ever with a million starting. Just my thoughts. I am still a fan but feel like Daniel is getting weaker and weaker. Does Phil Ivey have a website?LAtes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now before you all come at me with your lame cuts hear me out as I have been watching Daniel for the last two years. Yes he is a very Buzy guy but isn't it him that preaches to keep the Game authentic and genuine. He has been doing all this promo stuff which is great if you are in it for the dough, that his game has become so weak that a no name in Australia isn't even affraid to sit on the same table. He had an awesome year in 04 but howe long can you ride that? He needs to forget about all this PR BS and get back to winning some Poker Tourneys. HAs he won anything besides a home game in over a Year. Watched him on No limit High Stakes last night and he looked weaker then ever with a million starting. Just my thoughts. I am still a fan but feel like Daniel is getting weaker and weaker. Does Phil Ivey have a website?LAtes
Yes... www.philivey.com Before you judge, walk a mile in his shoes. He is doing fine....

:shock: :shock: :shock: Looks to me like he's winning... Just because there's a million people in every tour, makes it a longshot no matter how good you are.

Date Limit Hours Result Feb 6 1500-3000 7 +45,600 Feb 21 4000-8000 8 -251,000 Feb 22 4000-8000 8 -190,000 Feb 26 4000-8000 5 +598,000 Mar 1 4000-8000 31 -114,000 Mar 18 2000-4000 2.5 + 16,500 Mar 30 2000-4000 5.5 + 25,300 Apr 9 100-200 NL 1.5 + 1,200 Apr 15 2000-4000 3 + 78,000 Apr 16 4000-8000 6 +120,000 April 29 80-160 5 + 5,200 May 1 40-80 1 + 1,400 May 4 80-160 .5 + 700 Oct 10 5-10 NL 1.5 + 3,700 Oct 19 4000-8000 8 - 4,000 Oct 20 400-800 1 + 1,600 Oct 20 2000-4000 1 - 25,100 Oct 20 4000-8000 10.5 - 127,000 Oct 22 2000-4000 5 +165,500 Oct 26 2000-4000 13 + 8,500 Oct 28 2000-4000 5.5 - 105,500 Oct 30 2000-4000 6 + 128,500 Nov 2 300-600 NL 8 - 214,400 Nov 3 300-600 NL 8 - 447,100 Nov 4 300-600 NL 8 + 347,400 Nov 16 2000-4000 10 + 207,500 Dec 14 2000-4000 5 - 142,000 Dec 14 4000-8000 13 + 148,000 Dec 19 300-600 0.5 - 3,900 Dec 19 400-800 1 + 10,500 Dec 21 2000-4000 4 + 24,000 Totals 192 + 313,100 Hourly Rate= $1630.73 PROPS: -$81,000

yes.. he is still a winning player.. and he will always be... but just by those results.. and the dates.. you realize that he doesnt play as much as he used to.. and to be a TOP player again.. he will need to " live, breathe, die" poker.

yes.. he is still a winning player.. and he will always be... but just by those results.. and the dates.. you realize that he doesnt play as much as he used to.. and to be a TOP player again.. he will need to " live, breathe, die" poker.
Actually, he could retire today without ever playing another hand and still be doing just fine. By the way, I love that avatar.

Daniel said he was happy with his play in Australia, he just got some bad cards. I realize that good cards aren't the only way to win a tournament, but you certainly have to get cards at some point. He said he felt he brought his A Game to the table and just got unlucky/bad run of cards, you call it what you want to...still plenty of time for Danny...

NOw don't get me wrong, he is doing GREAT Financially. But in terms of Poker success you all know he had a SHIT year in 05. Didn't even make a final table at the WSOP. He is amazing at Poker PR. He sells the sport (if poker can be called a sport) like Vince Mcmahon sells the wwf. BUt he should focus more on Winning and less on selling? Poker craze is at an all time high and the elite should still be at the top. Look at Phil Ivey. He does 1/8 of the promo Daniel does and has made way more final tables and money earnings on the tables then Daniel. Seems like he got caught up in the FAme of it and forgot how to use his skills to win poker. Kinda like ROCKY3, he thinks he is the best and becomes all comercial and then gets Ko'd By KLUBBER LANG....."I Pity the fool who try and take what i GOT, Hey Pretty LAdy, come to a Real Man" Quote Unquote.DAniel If you are reading this get back to the Training man. Sweat and lotta rivers baby!!!!!!!!

NOw don't get me wrong, he is doing GREAT Financially. But in terms of Poker success you all know he had a censored year in 05. Didn't even make a final table at the WSOP. He is amazing at Poker PR. He sells the sport (if poker can be called a sport) like Vince Mcmahon sells the wwf. BUt he should focus more on Winning and less on selling? Poker craze is at an all time high and the elite should still be at the top. Look at Phil Ivey. He does 1/8 of the promo Daniel does and has made way more final tables and money earnings on the tables then Daniel. Seems like he got caught up in the FAme of it and forgot how to use his skills to win poker. Kinda like ROCKY3, he thinks he is the best and becomes all comercial and then gets Ko'd By KLUBBER LANG....."I Pity the fool who try and take what i GOT, Hey Pretty LAdy, come to a Real Man" Quote Unquote.DAniel If you are reading this get back to the Training man. Sweat and lotta rivers baby!!!!!!!!
Of course you are just talking about televised tournament poker, which is only a slice of the poker pie. He is up in cash games and made headlines by challenging any player in the world to a heads-up match for up to 500K. I wouldn't worry so much about whether or not he makes the next WPT final table....

The only valuable thing I took from this thread was the pics of Ivey's sick looking house from his website that I didn't even know existed??Everything else has been beating to the ground. Then buried, beaten some more, and lit on fire. The the ashes were urinated upon and stomped in.

The only thing I took away from your DumbA-S Post was the HOt Chick in the Picture. :club:
The only thing I took from any of your posts is that idiots can still manage to use a computer. If a "censored" year, as you put it, includes being ahead in cash games, ahead in tournaments and ahead in challenge matches to the tune of over a half million, then I wish I had a "censored" year, every year. The fact that people still speak so unintelligently about these things is amazing to me. Did he have an amazing 2004? Certainly. He hit 70 home runs in 2004. Someone gonna do better eventually? Certainly. Does that mean his 2005 was a huge disappointment? Quite the opposite.Anyone can have ONE amazing year. It takes a lot of skill and a lot of experience to take some of the beats and cold decks the man's caught this year--AND STILL BE AHEAD A HALF MILLION JUST FROM POKER. This is what you people make me want to do. aflkafdsl;ewiotrewoiprewoipd,moireqifsoipfsffdsaklzxn,mzklfj;qQ23arewhjkzdsmjzlfafjklafjsklslagfjkSDGJKLSDGJKL;GDSJKL;See that?I just bounced my head off my keyboard and it was a lot more thought out than anything you posted.If you learn nothing else from my post, learn this; variance is a bitch. If you're a player who can reasonably expect to make say, 1 million a year, on average. And you make 1.75 million in 2004. Does it not stand to reason that your 2005 results would dip back down below the 1 million mark as the curve corrects itself? Does that make any sense to you?EDIT; K, now that might've seemed a bit harsh. I don't mean to be so rude, but, really. These posts are so freaking old. I'm not changing any part of my actual post, but, I do apologize for the tone.
The only thing I took away from your DumbA-S Post was the HOt Chick in the Picture. :club:
The only thing I took from any of your posts is that idiots can still manage to use a computer. If a "censored" year, as you put it, includes being ahead in cash games, ahead in tournaments and ahead in challenge matches to the tune of over a half million, then I wish I had a "censored" year, every year. The fact that people still speak so unintelligently about these things is amazing to me. Did he have an amazing 2004? Certainly. He hit 70 home runs in 2004. Someone gonna do better eventually? Certainly. Does that mean his 2005 was a huge disappointment? Quite the opposite.Anyone can have ONE amazing year. It takes a lot of skill and a lot of experience to take some of the beats and cold decks the man's caught this year--AND STILL BE AHEAD A HALF MILLION JUST FROM POKER. This is what you people make me want to do. aflkafdsl;ewiotrewoiprewoipd,moireqifsoipfsffdsaklzxn,mzklfj;qQ23arewhjkzdsmjzlfafjklafjsklslagfjkSDGJKLSDGJKL;GDSJKL;See that?I just bounced my head off my keyboard and it was a lot more thought out than anything you posted.If you learn nothing else from my post, learn this; variance is a bitch. If you're a player who can reasonably expect to make say, 1 million a year, on average. And you make 1.75 million in 2004. Does it not stand to reason that your 2005 results would dip back down below the 1 million mark as the curve corrects itself? Does that make any sense to you?EDIT; K, now that might've seemed a bit harsh. I don't mean to be so rude, but, really. These posts are so freaking old. I'm not changing any part of my actual post, but, I do apologize for the tone.
The tone is fine, but that random keystroke section has a hidden message if you stare at it for a long time. Try it

Hey Goofball, IS that you in the picture or is King Kong eating a can??MAn, You are a Real DumbA_S. You are actually Arguing that Daniel has had a Great Year playing poker. Get the Brown Sh-T outta of your NOSE and Smell THE COFFEE. I am a Fan too but am realistic enough to admit he is no longer the threat he once was. He has not made any final tables in the last year you As_ Kissing Swine. By the way if you think you are some Phenom Player yourself I welcome you to Ultimatebet any time heads up. $100-$200 limit if you DARE.YOU BUM!Ps. Oh Yeah, Reading Daniels Last Blog, It seems as tough he too feels that he has gotten away fom his "A" GAme! So I guess My Post wasn't of the MARK at All YOU PITIFUL EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING!!JIODHPUEUIPDY 0&**Y$*DF&IOEUWdo iehdg oweydgdTHats me hitting the keyboard with my HEAD trying to get your Ugly FAce outta my HEAD!!!!!

Hey Goofball, IS that you in the picture or is King Kong eating a can??MAn, You are a Real DumbA_S. You are actually Arguing that Daniel has had a Great Year playing poker. Get the Brown Sh-T outta of your NOSE and Smell THE COFFEE. I am a Fan too but am realistic enough to admit he is no longer the threat he once was. He has not made any final tables in the last year you As_ Kissing Swine. By the way if you think you are some Phenom Player yourself I welcome you to Ultimatebet any time heads up. $100-$200 limit if you DARE.YOU BUM!Ps. Oh Yeah, Reading Daniels Last Blog, It seems as tough he too feels that he has gotten away fom his "A" GAme! So I guess My Post wasn't of the MARK at All YOU PITIFUL EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING!!JIODHPUEUIPDY 0&**Y$*DF&IOEUWdo iehdg oweydgdTHats me hitting the keyboard with my HEAD trying to get your Ugly FAce outta my HEAD!!!!!
Tone here was a little harsh, and no hidden message. I can't believe I wasted 15 minutes looking for it.And btw, that avatar is a picture of his buddy who died in an accident so you may want to edit.

Bro, Stop Sucking up the helium!Your starting to imagine things!!!Ps. DAniel is no longer my favourite player. Phil Ivey Destroys him. No questions about it!

Hey Goofball, IS that you in the picture or is King Kong eating a can??
No, it's a dead friend of mine. Good work.
MAn, You are a Real DumbA_S. You are actually Arguing that Daniel has had a Great Year playing poker. Get the Brown Sh-T outta of your NOSE and Smell THE COFFEE.
You're right. He had a horrible year. Your 600k+ win was much more impressive.
I am a Fan too but am realistic enough to admit he is no longer the threat he once was. He has not made any final tables in the last year you As_ Kissing Swine. By the way if you think you are some Phenom Player yourself I welcome you to Ultimatebet any time heads up. $100-$200 limit if you DARE.YOU BUM!
This is what I got from this; "I'm insecure and can't defend my point so I'm going to challenge you to a HU LHE match which is obviously a true test of skill and not largely a card catching match"If you're serious, fly to Des Moines, I'll pay the rake. We'll do 20k, HU, 10 sessions, alternating between NLHE, LHE, OEB, Stud 8, Razz and we'll play each game twice. Sounds fair, right?
Ps. Oh Yeah, Reading Daniels Last Blog, It seems as tough he too feels that he has gotten away fom his "A" GAme! So I guess My Post wasn't of the MARK at All YOU PITIFUL EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING!!JIODHPUEUIPDY 0&**Y$*DF&IOEUWdo iehdg oweydgdTHats me hitting the keyboard with my HEAD trying to get your Ugly FAce outta my HEAD!!!!!
Keeper? Can we get someone to help clean the monkey cage over here..he's throwing his own shit at the wall again.

Hey Cemo, I just wanted to thank you for your helpful and well thought out contributions to this forum. I'm sure that Daniel has read your recommendations and has found them to be the most insightful look into his game that he has ever heard. Keep up the wonderful posts.Oh, and kudos on the excellent grammer, punctuation, and overall gramatical correctness.

Hey Cemo, I just wanted to thank you for your helpful and well thought out contributions to this forum. I'm sure that Daniel has read your recommendations and has found them to be the most insightful look into his game that he has ever heard. Keep up the wonderful posts.Oh, and kudos on the excellent grammer, punctuation, and overall gramatical correctness.
Excellent follow-up Shake! As for the OP, I see that Tiffany Williamson has made her way around the tournament circuit. Im sure she can use a fan club. Maybe you can join hers? You tool.

Dear OP,If you want to complain about DN, please do it elsewhere. I can't believe you are indignant about the flaming when you posted this crap in DN's own forum. Sincerely,Nikki