took a stab at 100-200 :(

I took a stab at 100-200 last night and from the topic I guess you can figure out it didn't go too well. The difference in skill between 40-80 and 100-200 is astronomical. Pre-flop resembles a low-limit game with ALOT of raising, hence you get shut out of most pots... how do I call with a marginal hand like A-J when its capped to me? The difference between 100-200 and low limit games is that the players seem to know when to put on the brakes and slow down. Here is a hand that really pissed me off:I'm two off the button and hold 4 :club: 3 :D . There are five callers when it comes to me and I call. The button raises and everyone calls as well. The flop brings Q-7-3. UTG leads out.... do I call, raise, or fold. Some things to keep in mind: the pre-flop raiser will re-raise and there is a good chance that the intial bettor will cap it. What I'm thinking is whether I want to put in 4 bets with bottom pair and second worse kicker. There are no backdoor draws avaiilable to me. What would you do?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a stab at 100-200 last night and from the topic I guess you can figure out it didn't go too well. The difference in skill between 40-80 and 100-200 is astronomical. Pre-flop resembles a low-limit game with ALOT of raising, hence you get shut out of most pots... how do I call with a marginal hand like A-J when its capped to me? The difference between 100-200 and low limit games is that the players seem to know when to put on the brakes and slow down. Here is a hand that really censored me off:I'm two off the button and hold 4 :club: 3 :D . There are five callers when it comes to me and I call. The button raises and everyone calls as well. The flop brings Q-7-3. UTG leads out.... do I call, raise, or fold. Some things to keep in mind: the pre-flop raiser will re-raise and there is a good chance that the intial bettor will cap it. What I'm thinking is whether I want to put in 4 bets with bottom pair and second worse kicker. There are no backdoor draws avaiilable to me. What would you do?
I wouldn't have called.
I took a stab at 100-200 last night and from the topic I guess you can figure out it didn't go too well. The difference in skill between 40-80 and 100-200 is astronomical. Pre-flop resembles a low-limit game with ALOT of raising, hence you get shut out of most pots... how do I call with a marginal hand like A-J when its capped to me? The difference between 100-200 and low limit games is that the players seem to know when to put on the brakes and slow down. Here is a hand that really censored me off:I'm two off the button and hold 4 :club: 3 :D . There are five callers when it comes to me and I call. The button raises and everyone calls as well. The flop brings Q-7-3. UTG leads out.... do I call, raise, or fold. Some things to keep in mind: the pre-flop raiser will re-raise and there is a good chance that the intial bettor will cap it. What I'm thinking is whether I want to put in 4 bets with bottom pair and second worse kicker. There are no backdoor draws avaiilable to me. What would you do?
Obviously If you are asking everybody else what to do you are not ready for 100-200. S H I T......... I dont think you are ready for 40-80 either.......Oh yeah.... I wouldn't of called.
You play 40/80 and this is a tough decision?
They play 40/80 fake $.It's easy to compare players a high limits to low limit players when you are not playing for cash.I would of folded pre-flop.4-3s sucks. I would call only in SB. Also, 4-3s is more marginal than A-J.

With that hand you have to fold. It costs too much to hold bottom pair and assuming two hearts didn't fall, you will lose this pot. In fact, it's possible a pocket pair beat you before the flop even came down. It's a harde decision if two hearts fell, but even then you have a REAL low straight, so I still probably fold.

I play a lot of 100-200. I wouldn't have played the hand to begin with. On that flop, you're getting too good of odds to just lay it down to 1 bet. I'd call, and see what happens after you. If it comes back with a single raise, call again. If it's a double raise or more, drop it.

Has anyone here played mid-level stakes poker? It's a different game. This is why I don't like posting hand histories on FCP because people just don't understand the play. The difference between the A-J and 4-3 is it was limped to me in late position with 4-3 and capped to me with A-J... do you understand now. My line of thinking was two-bet the flop and shut out the original raiser. However, I was fairly confident that he would re-raise regardless of his holding to get heads-up. That is the reason I folded. For all the experts: what do you put the two players on??? I want all your low limit expertise.

I took a stab at 100-200 last night and from the topic I guess you can figure out it didn't go too wellI wonder why?I'm two off the button and hold 4h 3h . There are five callers when it comes to me and I callNow I know :shock:

Has anyone here played mid-level stakes poker? It's a different game. This is why I don't like posting hand histories on FCP because people just don't understand the play. The difference between the A-J and 4-3 is it was limped to me in late position with 4-3 and capped to me with A-J... do you understand now.  My line of thinking was two-bet the flop and shut out the original raiser. However, I was fairly confident that he would re-raise regardless of his holding to get heads-up. That is the reason I folded.  For all the experts: what do you put the two players on??? I want all your low limit expertise.
Too bad it's limit, 34 suited, if it was nl, could have pushed in preflop. My suggestion is switch to nl.
I play a lot of 100-200.  I wouldn't have played the hand to begin with.  On that flop, you're getting too good of odds to just lay it down to 1 bet.  I'd call, and see what happens after you.  If it comes back with a single raise, call again.  If it's a double raise or more, drop it.
I knew the pre-flop raiser would 3 bet and fairly certain the bettor would cap and that is exactly what happend. I folded, the button 3 bet and the OR capped it. The pre-flop raiser had raised anyone who led out to his pre-flop raises. Do you play at Commerce, Bike, or online?
I took a stab at 100-200 last night and from the topic I guess you can figure out it didn't go too wellI wonder why?I'm two off the button and hold 4h  3h  . There are five callers when it comes to me and I callNow I know :shock:
How would you have played the hand? Would you have folded? Are you thinking of raising in this spot? Give me your reasoning for the play you would make... I'm very interested.

Just to actually analyze the hand.The limp preflop is pretty ok. Its going to be at least 6 handed so I dont mind it at all. I usually cut off my limp hands at 45s as it gives me the full rang for the straight while 34s doesnt but that no biggie.On the flop its a fold at an aggressive table as you are no where near closing the action and will most likely have to put in at least 2 more bets based on your reads.

I took a stab at 100-200 last night and from the topic I guess you can figure out it didn't go too wellI wonder why?I'm two off the button and hold 4h  3h  . There are five callers when it comes to me and I callNow I know :shock:
How would you have played the hand? Would you have folded? Are you thinking of raising in this spot? Give me your reasoning for the play you would make... I'm very interested.
I would of folded pre-flop, this is a trouble hand, what were you hoping to hit?a flush draw? even if you make a flush you have no idea if it's good with that many people in the pot. poor chance that bottom pair is going to hold up.there's only 2 possible flops that you want to see here, something with X2,5 rainbow for str8 draw or 2 pair or better.poor chance of hitting miracle flops with these types of hands so I dont think there worth playing.
Just to actually analyze the hand.The limp preflop is pretty ok.  Its going to be at least 6 handed so I dont mind it at all.  I usually cut off my limp hands at 45s as it gives me the full rang for the straight while 34s doesnt but that no biggie.On the flop its a fold at an aggressive table as you are no where near closing the action and will most likely have to put in at least 2 more bets based on your reads.
What do you think about a two bet on the flop to try and knock out the original raiser??? That seriously crossed my mind. I didn't think UTG bettor was that strong and might be pushed off his hand on the turn.

i think ya need a better spot to get your money in with other than 3/4..with 5 callers you have to assume you are beat by at least 2 other players.wait for a better hand..how much did you lose :canadarocks: