Cake Poker - A Warning

A warning note for anyone thinking of joining CakeI registered tonight and deposited a sizeable sum to take advantage of their first deposit bonus.So far so good.I then register for 2 sit and go games 15 seconds later I'm booted from the system. I'm now a bit anxious wondering how the 2 games are getting on without me and fretting about the wasted registration fee. I try to log in again but get an error code. I reboot and try again - same error. Then I find their support page and send a mail. when I check my inbox there are 2 mails requestingthat I send a copy of my credit card to them as a jpeg attached to an email! This is the 21st century for God's sake! After a further exchange I'm assureed that I will get my deposit back .... and if I haven't hear from them in 15 days contact their security dept. 15 DAYS?!?!?!?I suspect i have paid a high price for 30 minutes of frustration at the hands of either a bunch of amateurs or a bunch of crooks. I'll find ou which in the next 15 days I guess.One

I personally trust Cake with a mid 4 figure balance in my account there and nothing that I`ve seen from them gives me concern for my money.It sounds like there is an issue with the credit card that you used to make a deposit. There is a massive amount of credit card fraud that the online sites are victims of and they have to take measures against this since they are the ones who pay for it in the end and sometimes those measures mean that an honest player will be hassled.The 15 days is because it sounds like they are going to reverse the charges on your credit card. It takes time for the transaction and reversal to work through the system of the credit card processor to Visa to your bank to showing up on your online statement.I hope this helps.

I haven't played there since the end of 2008, but I kept mid 5 figure sums on their site and never had any problems. Their customer support was actually far better than FTP's in my experience.

I haven't played there since the end of 2008, but I kept mid 5 figure sums on their site and never had any problems. Their customer support was actually far better than FTP's in my experience.
thats like being the smartest kid with down syndrome..
did they tard-float you with mid pairs over there?
did they tard-float you with mid pairs over there?
I'm sorry you cry about standard hands? Seriously? We can let the forum decide.Full Tilt Poker Game #20435936776: Daily Double - A (155579895), Table 81 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:16:45 ET - 2010/04/28Seat 1: gawyn (2,995)Seat 2: Xorc1st (2,055)Seat 3: lrtravelbabe (1,100)Seat 4: anson_zhou226 (2,595)Seat 5: DaemonReich (1,950)Seat 6: DWilliams (2,015)Seat 8: Snamuh (1,780)Seat 9: teagodm (1,500)DWilliams posts the small blind of 15Snamuh posts the big blind of 30The button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Snamuh [7s 7h]teagodm foldsgawyn foldsXorc1st foldslrtravelbabe foldsanson_zhou226 foldsDaemonReich raises to 90DWilliams foldsSnamuh has 15 seconds left to actSnamuh calls 60*** FLOP *** [5d 2s Qd]DaemonReich: ohDaemonReich: its youSnamuh checksDaemonReich: barely better than i_fold huhDaemonReich bets 130smorcos sits downSnamuh has 15 seconds left to actSnamuh calls 130*** TURN *** [5d 2s Qd] [7c]Snamuh checksDaemonReich bets 265Snamuh has 15 seconds left to actSnamuh has requested TIMESnamuh raises to 675DaemonReich raises to 1,730, and is all inSnamuh calls 885, and is all inDaemonReich shows [Kd Qh]Snamuh shows [7s 7h]Uncalled bet of 170 returned to DaemonReich*** RIVER *** [5d 2s Qd 7c] [7d]DaemonReich shows two pair, Queens and SevensSnamuh shows four of a kind, SevensSnamuh wins the pot (3,575) with four of a kind, SevensDaemonReich: wow*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3,575 | Rake 0Board: [5d 2s Qd 7c 7d]Seat 1: gawyn didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Xorc1st didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: lrtravelbabe didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: anson_zhou226 didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: DaemonReich (button) showed [Kd Qh] and lost with two pair, Queens and SevensSeat 6: DWilliams (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 8: Snamuh (big blind) showed [7s 7h] and won (3,575) with four of a kind, SevensSeat 9: teagodm didn't bet (folded)
I'm sorry you cry about standard hands? Seriously? We can let the forum decide.Full Tilt Poker Game #20435936776: Daily Double - A (155579895), Table 81 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:16:45 ET - 2010/04/28Seat 1: gawyn (2,995)Seat 2: Xorc1st (2,055)Seat 3: lrtravelbabe (1,100)Seat 4: anson_zhou226 (2,595)Seat 5: DaemonReich (1,950)Seat 6: DWilliams (2,015)Seat 8: Snamuh (1,780)Seat 9: teagodm (1,500)DWilliams posts the small blind of 15Snamuh posts the big blind of 30The button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Snamuh [7s 7h]teagodm foldsgawyn foldsXorc1st foldslrtravelbabe foldsanson_zhou226 foldsDaemonReich raises to 90DWilliams foldsSnamuh has 15 seconds left to actSnamuh calls 60*** FLOP *** [5d 2s Qd]DaemonReich: ohDaemonReich: its youSnamuh checksDaemonReich: barely better than i_fold huhDaemonReich bets 130smorcos sits downSnamuh has 15 seconds left to actSnamuh calls 130*** TURN *** [5d 2s Qd] [7c]Snamuh checksDaemonReich bets 265Snamuh has 15 seconds left to actSnamuh has requested TIMESnamuh raises to 675DaemonReich raises to 1,730, and is all inSnamuh calls 885, and is all inDaemonReich shows [Kd Qh]Snamuh shows [7s 7h]Uncalled bet of 170 returned to DaemonReich*** RIVER *** [5d 2s Qd 7c] [7d]DaemonReich shows two pair, Queens and SevensSnamuh shows four of a kind, SevensSnamuh wins the pot (3,575) with four of a kind, SevensDaemonReich: wow*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3,575 | Rake 0Board: [5d 2s Qd 7c 7d]Seat 1: gawyn didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Xorc1st didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: lrtravelbabe didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: anson_zhou226 didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: DaemonReich (button) showed [Kd Qh] and lost with two pair, Queens and SevensSeat 6: DWilliams (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 8: Snamuh (big blind) showed [7s 7h] and won (3,575) with four of a kind, SevensSeat 9: teagodm didn't bet (folded)
wow what an awful float, you should quit while you're ahead!

god i love trolling you ****erssorry snamuh guess your ego is made of glass after all, you poke it and it makes a big mess all over the place(for those asking me actual strat about the hand, my explanation is this: i was 9 tabling on stars, it was my last table on FTP, FTP was making my comp lag, i tilt-shoved, then closed FTP and proceeded to win like $500 on stars. ez game.)inb4 everyone calls bullshit

god i love trolling you ****erssorry snamuh guess your ego is made of glass after all, you poke it and it makes a big mess all over the place
I posted the hand that you were complaining about and apparently my ego is made of glass? I guess you got me though. You trolled me good. If by troll you mean, you called me out and insulted me for no reason. Then after I clarify the situation, you then use some weird logic that somehow makes your brain think that you owned me before then making a lame excuse for why you played a hand poorly. All because of your inability to handle a "beat" at the table, evidenced by all of the whining you did in chat afterwards.
I posted the hand that you were complaining about and apparently my ego is made of glass? I guess you got me though. You trolled me good. If by troll you mean, you called me out and insulted me for no reason. Then after I clarify the situation, you then use some weird logic that somehow makes your brain think that you owned me before then making a lame excuse for why you played a hand poorly. All because of your inability to handle a "beat" at the table, evidenced by all of the whining you did in chat afterwards.
Brett Flood is my hero.
point #1: i was trying to talk to you before the hand, kinda obv i wasnt taking shit srslypoint #2: i was tilted (re: where i said i tilt-shoved) and proceeded to vent as suchpoint #3: pretty obv your ego is made of glass, as it's pretty clear you either bitched to a ton of people about my comment or posted a link elsewhere, considering how dead FCP has been and it's a few posters who haven't been around in weeks (king, Acid)point #4: pretty clear, at least imo, by the reaction ITT from people who know me questioning me about the play that this is not one of my standard plays, and it's rare for me to do something this bad. fits in with the whole "FTP was tilting my balls off so i shoved" explanation i gave you.but ya, obv i'm ACTUALLY steamed about a hand from 2-3 days ago in a <$15 MTT in the first 2 levels. dyr thinking im serious, sir.
Woot the internet warrior is back :club: <3
i forgot we're not allowed to get bored on a dead forum and make snide comments anymoreshit i gotta go edit my other thread now i may as well make it a list of people i <3 and people i hate
point #1: i was trying to talk to you before the hand, kinda obv i wasnt taking shit srslypoint #2: i was tilted (re: where i said i tilt-shoved) and proceeded to vent as suchpoint #3: pretty obv your ego is made of glass, as it's pretty clear you either bitched to a ton of people about my comment or posted a link elsewhere, considering how dead FCP has been and it's a few posters who haven't been around in weeks (king, Acid)point #4: pretty clear, at least imo, by the reaction ITT from people who know me questioning me about the play that this is not one of my standard plays, and it's rare for me to do something this bad. fits in with the whole "FTP was tilting my balls off so i shoved" explanation i gave you.but ya, obv i'm ACTUALLY steamed about a hand from 2-3 days ago in a <$15 MTT in the first 2 levels. dyr thinking im serious, sir.
About point 1, you didn't introduce yourself at all. I just thought you were some random attempting to shit talk in chat.
About point 1, you didn't introduce yourself at all. I just thought you were some random attempting to shit talk in chat.
pretty sure i made clear i was FCP when i said "barely better than i_fold huh?"its in the HH you posted fwiw