Turn Play $5 Deep Rush

Full Tilt Poker $5 + $0.50 Rush No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 968106DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterBTN: t3000 150 BBsHero (SB): t3000 150 BBsBB: t3000 150 BBsUTG: t3000 150 BBsUTG+1: t2980 149 BBsUTG+2: t3000 150 BBsMP1: t3000 150 BBsMP2: t3000 150 BBsCO: t3000 150 BBsPre Flop: (t30) Hero is SB with Q :4h K :5c4 folds, MP2 calls t20, 2 folds, Hero raises to t80, BB calls t60, MP2 calls t60Flop: (t240) 6 :3h K :club: 2 :qh(3 players)Hero bets t122, BB calls t122, MP2 foldsTurn: (t484) 7 :jh(2 players)Hero bets t244, BB raises to t700, Hero calls t456River: (t1884) 8 :ts(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets t1200, Hero folds

odds to try and hit the flush tbh, which could be a terrible idea seeing how villain may or may not be paying off on the river** ninja edit: i think my thinking was that even if he happened to hit a set or 2 pair i have pretty clean outs

Oh, I didn't see that you had two hearts, my mistake :)Yeah, I think you played it well. You're basically bluff catching on the river. There might be some merit to checking the turn, because there's really no straight draw you're afraid of, nor a flush draw. So, once you check you might get value from midpocket pair hands on the river.

Oh, I didn't see that you had two hearts, my mistake :)Yeah, I think you played it well. You're basically bluff catching on the river. There might be some merit to checking the turn, because there's really no straight draw you're afraid of, nor a flush draw. So, once you check you might get value from midpocket pair hands on the river.
great point. i prefer this in hindsight. thanks man
If you're gonna bet the turn I don't mind that size. I think I check the turn a lot here though.
i do too. i mean i was in total value bet mode by betting the turn, but i kinda overplay the hand, but i think longterm it sucks i put myself to get raised when i have so much equity. now about the raise,... do you call it everytime? or is a shove reasonable, bc that was something i was thinking, but opted to preserve my chances on a marginal spot. but it is a $5 so you would be suprised what villains could call off on the turn.and we are check/ folding river right? didnt make any sense to bet. my plan was if i hit to check jam.
If you're gonna bet the turn I don't mind that size. I think I check the turn a lot here though.
In a normal tournament I whole heartedly agree.No way I check the turn in a 5.50 Rush Tournament with Top pair Q kicker with a K high Flush Draw. But I guess that is why I am horrible.
tbh I have very little experience in rush tournaments. What's the major difference making you think that way?edit - or is it just the fact it's a $5.50?
people are kinda tight pre. but when they show interest pre they dont like ever fold pre. and raises are like almost always the nuts.
Full Tilt Poker $5 + $0.50 Rush No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 968106DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterBTN: t3000 150 BBsHero (SB): t3000 150 BBsBB: t3000 150 BBsUTG: t3000 150 BBsUTG+1: t2980 149 BBsUTG+2: t3000 150 BBsMP1: t3000 150 BBsMP2: t3000 150 BBsCO: t3000 150 BBsPre Flop: (t30) Hero is SB with Q :4h K :5c4 folds, MP2 calls t20, 2 folds, Hero raises to t80, BB calls t60, MP2 calls t60Flop: (t240) 6 :3h K :club: 2 :qh(3 players)Hero bets t122, BB calls t122, MP2 foldsTurn: (t484) 7 :jh(2 players)Hero bets t244, BB raises to t700, Hero calls t456River: (t1884) 8 :ts(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets t1200, Hero folds
Help me out with this thinking. The problem with rush is you cannot get a good pickup on villains, so it's hard to judge them, but in a vacuum:A) You could definitely flat pre with 22 66 77 (less likely 77 because of flatting c/bet on flop with k on board)B) Could have flatted your c/bet with 66 or 22 with MP still behind trying to build pot. Also could be the same for AK, but would you not want to 3-bet AK pre??C) Could have 77, but not likely (see above). But here, this is almost a perfect sized pot raise. On such a dry board could he have limped AK pre and make this kind of play? Could also make this same play with 66 22 for value, hoping like hell you have AK???D) The river bet sizing again just looks too perfect to me. Looks like he is saying " I have damn near the nuts, please have AK and R/R or pay me off". Or he could have AK himself. E) Another possibility could be 67 suited? It is really early in the tourney, so he could have flatted the flop just to see a cheap card? But 67 would be classified same as 77 above. A made 6 on the flop is just as good as 77, but with the k on board, you damn sure don't like it.F) If he was known to be a complete aggrotard, he could be Ax hearts here, but bet sizing too me is too good here. Could/would a villain with Ax suited make that kind of turn/river bluff at a $5 tourney?? Wouldn't this style be more advanced for someone playing $10 up??Would this be a good way to analyze this hand? Is my reasoning valid here?
i dunno...$5.50 rushament top pair, good kicker...and a FD?!?! i will say however, i think that we should check turn if we don't want to play for stacks
yah i dont see a need to play for stacks here in a tourny i expect to have a massive edge on the field in the blinds and antes stage. and risking that edge to gain lots of chips there makes me feel like i should not be playing for stacks here. but its close. would your thinking be different in say a $11 or $26 rushament trueace?
Help me out with this thinking. The problem with rush is you cannot get a good pickup on villains, so it's hard to judge them, but in a vacuum:A) You could definitely flat pre with 22 66 77 (less likely 77 because of flatting c/bet on flop with k on board)B) Could have flatted your c/bet with 66 or 22 with MP still behind trying to build pot. Also could be the same for AK, but would you not want to 3-bet AK pre??C) Could have 77, but not likely (see above). But here, this is almost a perfect sized pot raise. On such a dry board could he have limped AK pre and make this kind of play? Could also make this same play with 66 22 for value, hoping like hell you have AK???D) The river bet sizing again just looks too perfect to me. Looks like he is saying " I have damn near the nuts, please have AK and R/R or pay me off". Or he could have AK himself. E) Another possibility could be 67 suited? It is really early in the tourney, so he could have flatted the flop just to see a cheap card? But 67 would be classified same as 77 above. A made 6 on the flop is just as good as 77, but with the k on board, you damn sure don't like it.F) If he was known to be a complete aggrotard, he could be Ax hearts here, but bet sizing too me is too good here. Could/would a villain with Ax suited make that kind of turn/river bluff at a $5 tourney?? Wouldn't this style be more advanced for someone playing $10 up??Would this be a good way to analyze this hand? Is my reasoning valid here?
i think B is slightly off, i expect them about 50% or more to be betting/ raising the flop to protect against flushes. i would make that adjustment in ruling like 50% the combos out in stove to account for that@ c. yah i think that was pretty likely, so idk if i should even be calling the turn knowing im hunting 20%, but its not bad given the odds i think@ e, very much agree@ f correct but i have no way of knowing tbh. i mean i have run into some decent players every now and then playing the 3-8 games to i think foll tables out, but the probablity is in fact low. they are few and far between.
  • 2 weeks later...

why are u giving the villain so much credit?its the second hand of the tourny, meaning they arent 'rushing with the goods' just yetand its a rebuy!